View Single Post
06-30-2020, 07:43 PM
Joined in Sep 2013
815 posts
FLDreamerrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imthexman View Post
OK guys this is my bottom line, feel free to comment or correct me.

Scenario 1
Trump wins, Senate stays republican and Congress stays democrat or republican. Bad news for DACA. Trump ends it, senate/congress fight but do nothing about it.

Scenario 2
Trump loses, Senate stays republican and Congress stays democrat. Bad news for DACA, Biden and congress push for a fix but Mitch does nothing about it.

Scenario 3
Trump loses, Democrats take over senate and Congress stays democrat. Biden, Congress and Senate push for a fix but the senate fails to reach 60 votes.

Analysis:

Scenario 1 could be good long term for DACA because if Trump wins and the Democrats manage to keep the house and win some senate seats in 2020 and then in 2022 they could add additional senate seats to have super majority and overrule a veto from Trump.

Scenario 3 seems great, but it could be a double edge sword because if the democratic controlled Senate cannot get 60 votes for a DACA bill then in 2022 voters will be fed up with Biden and the republicans could take over the Senate and possible the house again and possibly even control the 3 chambers in 2024.
Seems accurate to me actually wow
Post your reply or quote more messages.