View Single Post
08-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIdreamer View Post
Wait, I have to give them $8K despite I meet all the public charge requirements?

I'm waiting for my I601A approval and will need to return to my birth country for the interview. I have a BA in Mechanical Engineering and working on my MS. Have a stable job right now.
I think that's if they suspect you might not meet it. I'm still not 100% sure but they will really get up in your business. Again, this is going into effect in September if there are no injunctions against it.

I'm only posting this so it's something to be aware of. I can imagine for those sponsoring their parents, who are likely over 50, and don't have many assets, or they're afraid of revealing their assets in fear that it was obtained while they were undocumented, etc. it will get quite expensive. Not everybody can shell out an extra $16,000. But of course, this is the ultimate goal of this administration: limit immigration.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.