View Single Post
10-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Joined in Jul 2016
1,189 posts
JavierHTx
Here to finish my AP experience.

My documents were received at the Nebraska center on June 20th.

I was approved on August 22nd and my travel documents came in a week later. I was given 2 months starting September 30.

Left to go to Mexico on October 7th. I left by Bus and all I needed was my passport. It was the easiest thing ever but I was confused they didn't even stamp my passport. It kinda worried me a bit because I was wondering how they would know I left after my start date.

I spent 2 weeks in Mexico and it was beautiful and surreal to be back in my home country after so many years. I saw my grandfather again who was very ill, and saw my dad who I hadn't seen since I was little. Honestly it was the best experience I've ever had.

I left on October 21st but this time I left by plane cause I knew I would take a while in inspection and I wanted to be in Houston just incase anything went wrong. When I got there I asked someone which line I should go to and they pointed me to the Visa line aka visitors. After that I had to go to the infamous "room" for secondary inspection. I was so nervous and the inspection officers were rude to everyone. One guy kept getting questioned and kept being accused of lying. They truly treat these people like second rate humans. After about an hour and a half of waiting I finally got called. "What are you bringing in" he asked, I replied with just candy. He said okay, stamped my paper and gave me back one of the copies.

That's it. lol He didn't ask me where I went, who I went to see, why I went. Nothing. I panicked for nothing. I think they've seen enough Advance Parole applicants to know they usually aren't suspicious or dangerous. The craziest thing is I could've left long before my start date and they wouldn't have known because there was no record of it when I left the country. I wouldn't risk it though, and neither should anyone else. Not all experiences are the same.

Not sure if Advance Parole is a one time thing or if I could apply for it again but I would love to go again next year.
Post your reply or quote more messages.