View Single Post
02-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Joined in Nov 2010
364 posts
davidrellis
[quote=Smooth;692330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrellis View Post
Not meaning to be a downer but I just don’t really see the democrats using heir leverage in March. Pelosi could have had the republicans by the balls last time. The situation literally played out exactly how Pelosi/Schumer wanted. The house republicans defected and Ryan needed democrats to pass the CR but instead she put on a show so she wouldn’t get reproached the day before and didn’t push her caucus hard to hold out. Which I understand, it was either take the deal they wanted or just pass another Cr with nothing on it.

Dems clearly were just bluffing from the beginning with the hopes the republicans would cave, but republicans truly don’t give a shit and they actuall have the resolve to stick to a position. Think about it, what would have happened in December if Ryan needed democrat votes? Dems would have still voted for it to pass.

The only thing I see coming is making daca into law and hopefully we can travel with no issues. I think that’s the least they should do for us. However, the idea that they need to wait until the next must pass bill is completely ridiculous. No sense of urgency on their behalf. If they really wanted to do that, there’s no reason not to do that now.[/QUOTE]

I misunderstood the last paragraph.

Yes, I think the best thing we can probably get right now is a law the codifies DACA.
I mean that if trump really wanted to help, and everyone else for that matter, they’d vote to make the daca program a law. I don’t understand the need to wait for another must pass bill.
Post your reply or quote more messages.