View Single Post
11-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
456 posts
AdreamernamedNatasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldh999 View Post
Yes, I had a SSN, credit card, drivers license, bank account, etc. I went to school in Chicago and flew back and forth from there to Texas to see my parents during school breaks. There were literally no indicators that I was undocumented until I got a Notice to Appear in immigration court in the mail. I'm curious to know more about how you lived life without a SSN, drivers license, etc... that's really interesting. Have you ever flown on a plane??

Thanks again for your message!!

Man that was an intense debate, I hope what I said about being "more illegal" did not trigger anything and I will admit my mistake on saying that I'm sorry if I offended you. We cant be divided we are all dreamers here!!! To answer your question, no i have never flown on a plane out of fear .

Life without an SSN, drivers license, etc was normal until something came up where I needed to have one (like at 16 learning to drive). I found out my status watching my older brothers go through their hardships first so it kind of made me get ready to suffer the same fate. My dad worked extremely hard being self employed and paid my international college tuition out of pocket which was a blessing most dont have. My mom was picking me up from college because they didnt want me to drive illegally which would be very humiliating to most, but I was so numb and just accepted that this was my life. I was not a partier so the night life issue wasn't a problem but in college I sure didnt want to bring my st. lucian passport to a club lol

My oldest brother couldnt take it anymore and chose to go to Canada for a better life and he is banned for 10 years so it sucks I miss him so much (he's on year 3). My other brother went to the navy and now he is a citizen filing for my parents who just did their biometrics. This leaves me all alone, unable to leave the country with a brother that is unable to come back in but you know what, Im still going to count my blessings because now with DACA, i have my job at jcpenny, can drive like a normal 21 yr old, and I have a shot to have a great career which is awesome..... so theres my little story.
Last edited by AdreamernamedNatasha; 11-25-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.