View Single Post
11-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2007
1,141 posts
Originally Posted by Latina~Hispana
Is it too late to consult a lawyer and try to do something about my status since I am only 17 and my step dad is a permanent resident? He is only waiting for his appointment I guess?

I heard it was quicker to return to your home country, graduate in a profession, and get a visa pretty quickly..true? I mean, right now I am applying to college, if I was accepted and left before turning 18 would I be able to come back soon enought to start college with a visa? Or maybe I could petition for deferral for a year or something? Would that work?

Sorry I am so inept at this.
Anyone with common sense should know this but know EXACTLY what you are going to do if in fact you want to leave. Speak to a lawyer, do whatever you gotta do but be absolutely sure there will be a solution. Last time I checked, coming back was no easy task.
The views and opinions expressed above are strictly those of the author and are not necessarily the views of other DAP constituents.
Post your reply or quote more messages.