05-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Joined in Sep 2016
2,588 posts
JayR9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demise View Post
I think they will:

House:
None of the seats they grabbed in the house in 2018 seem particularly vulnerable. They might lose a few but it's unlikely they will lose the house. Republicans would need a net of 21 seats there and even places like KS-03, UT-04, and OK-05 seem don't particularly vulnerable right now. I expect this one to be somewhere between zero net change to a few more seats to democrats.

Senate:
Democrats need a net of +3 to control the senate (assuming that they also win the presidency). Doug Jones (D-AL) is most likely toast. On the other hand republican senators from CO and ME are pretty much toast. AZ leans D in this election (Martha McSally is an unlikeable fuckwit that got appointed to the seat after losing the election in 201. That's 3 out of 4 seats they need. Other stuff that's in play are NC, IA, MT, and GA-special, crackhead estimates would also put TX, KS, KY, SC, and GA in play. I say their odds of taking the senate are pretty decent. KS is an interesting case, our favorite Neo-Nazi Chris Kobach is running in the republican primary and you have to remember this is a guy that managed to lose the governorship in a solid red state.

Presidency:
Trump is toast. A president always bleeds support by the time re-election comes. Obama lost IN and NC and just barely managed to hold onto Florida. Trump won PA, WI, and MI by fraction of a percent each. Each of those states ended up electing democrats to their state-wide offices. Moreover currently AZ, and NC are rated as toss ups as well. IA, OH, GA, FL, and TX might also be in play right now. Only thing that Trump had going for him going into 2020 election season was the economy, and now that shit itself in no small part due to him fucking up the Covid-19 response.

I don't expect a blowout but I basically expect a comfortable win in the presidency (at least 300EV to Biden), a thin majority in Senate, and a comfortable majority in the House.
I agree, I'm under the same assumptions. Very good assessment.
Post your reply or quote more messages.