View Single Post
03-12-2010, 05:54 PM
From oakland/sf
Joined in Jul 2009
411 posts
melpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 915aero View Post
no, no way about the the wars thats a huge can of worms lets not get into that cuz we'd just make a mess, no what im talking about is the march for CIS comprehensive immigration reform being pushed by Obama, lately with health reform losing ted kennedy's seat, and just general lies being spread by republicans and douchebags like o'reilly they've had to stall on more 'liberal' promises,

but its not only upto Obama or Democrats, its up to people like us, the Democrats know the biggest minority is going to be hispanics, they rely on the hispanic vote, and i think here is where we could capitalize with events like the pro america march to turn the focus into immigration reform, and put a bit more pressure, just to remind the Dems and Obama, dont you guys remember in 06 and 07 how even racist bush was forced to address it and hint at some type of reform?

so far Obama hasnt gone back on it, simply let it slide, i think they know short term its risky, but long term they'd pretty much guarantee Hispanics voting Dem. a good 50 years, as it is hispanics are pretty good voting them, at the very least those grateful for being given the right to come out of the shadows,

the immigration pro america march are one of the main organizers and they really need help seems most hispanics arent too interested in helping, its not something that affects most citizens and frankly it aint a cool topic to talk about, but thank god theres still some that care...

I said that day lots of anti war organizations are holding grand scale protests for the iraq/afghanistan occupations, I know here in seattle and, SF, DC, and New york theres gonna be marches going on for that the weekend of 20-21 of march , I dont know how many people will be attending the immigration march but Im thinking most of the news coverage for that day will go to the war protesters. I know thats what I'll be doing on march 21st.
Post your reply or quote more messages.