Thread: Who went back?
View Single Post
02-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi-ZX6R View Post
Oh yeah its very possible to live a same life quality of in Mexico like in the US. When i went to Mexico, I stayed with one of my cousins. She has a nice house at a nice neighborhood of middle class people. People were walking their dogs in the morning or jogging. I told my American friends how that place that my cousin lives in has walmart, sam's club, home depot, kfc, mcdonalds, burger king, subway and all the other popular american stores and it was like explaining quantum physics to them.

Security was an issue according to my cousins, they said police are actually doing their job, state police.
When I went I saw police walking around with assault rifles or convoys of them with assault rifles and turrets. Makes you feel safer. I did not fear once in Mexico. My cousin and I used to go riding around 2-3 am. Lots of good people that will help you over there. I even fell asleep riding on the buses going from town to town with lots of bags laying everywhere. Nothing was stolen from me or felt unsafe. Overall I felt at home in Mexico. Overall I felt at home in Mexico.
I'm saving to buy a house over there.
I've actually felt 'as' unsafe walking in some places here in south Texas than in Mexico. People (Americans) need to open their eyes and stop being stubborn, and realize that just because other countries are not as 'rich' as the US, doesn't mean they're not good to live in. After all, if that was the case, the 'dream' land would be Germany, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland (to name a few, where people are the most happy and live better). By the way, the World Happiness Report for 2013 ranks the US right below Mexico in happiness ranking, go figure (EDIT: Canada is the highest in the American continent).