PDA

View Full Version : separating age differences.

YGanan
01-17-2010, 01:43 AM
There should be a way where I could be able to talk or chat with a member about issues that tend to be important without having an extreme young minded person around.

I hear a lot of members wanting this 'dream act' bill to passed this year, but a lot can't control being uninformed, not calling representatives, nor writing to state senators.

Is there any way you could separate them in a 3 category? as; youth, young adults and adults?

(To whom is in charge on getting back to me, if you're under the age of 27, and there has not been any sort of change in this dreamact.info website, please do not reply to this, I would be embarrassed if I were you).

Thank you,
YGanan

Nick
01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
There should be a way where I could be able to talk or chat with a member about issues that tend to be important without having an extreme young minded person around.

I hear a lot of members wanting this 'dream act' bill to passed this year, but a lot can't control being uninformed, not calling representatives, nor writing to state senators.

Is there any way you could separate them in a 3 category? as; youth, young adults and adults?

(To whom is in charge on getting back to me, if you're under the age of 27, and there has not been any sort of change in this dreamact.info website, please do not reply to this, I would be embarrassed if I were you).

Thank you,
YGanan

You'll have to forgive me, but experience tells me that you won't do well in our community with this attitude. Goodbye.

arodriguez
01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Good riddance!

For a while I thought this guy had limited English proficiency. It made my head hurt trying to figure out what he was trying to say.

I"m wondering how he managed to get the 100 AP in the first place.

juang
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Lots of strange things can happen when just about anyone can give or take away advocacy points anonymously.

Look at me, I did some research on two senators and instead of getting points for it, I ended up with -22 advocacy points. Just because of that, I will never lift a finger for the DREAM Act in this site.

Nick
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Good riddance!

For a while I thought this guy had limited English proficiency. It made my head hurt trying to figure out what he was trying to say.

It's not voodoo; YGanan did some work in the advocacy section and other members thought it was good and up voted the changes -- I did too. Unfortunately it quickly became obvious that there is something odd about the user.

Nick
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I believe that the advocacy points are a good measure of how much each member is contributing when given the opportunity. There is really no excuse to do nothing anymore.

Its a completely democratic system. When you up vote, the author gets 10 points. When you down vote the author looses 10 points, but you also loose 1 point (this is done to discourage baseless down votes).

GreaserFromNowhere
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Thank you,
YGanan

even though youre banned, ill post this anyway: i think you missed a major point of this entire forum. besides the obvious fact that this site strives to build awareness and advocacy for the dream act, it [more importantly, in my opinion] serves to reinforce our sense of community.

many of us found this site as teenagers, just as we were beginning to sense the gravity of illegal life. i know i was around 18 and very desperate to reach out to others like me. just knowing i wasn't alone helped me out immensely.

the younger ones might not be ready to start researching and calling congressmen just yet, but they need this site the most.