PDA

View Full Version : Moderation

MiGente
01-01-2011, 12:56 AM
I realize mod's and admin's are busy, but can at least some new moderators be added or something?

People don't seem to be able to distinguish the separate sections and simply post their threads where they don't belong. Also threads that should be locked or merged are not.

It all has brought down the quality here and lost good members.

Thank you.

Thecure
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah! where are the pitchforks?

It used to be that teh internets was a place where peoples ideas could mingle peacefully while agreeing to disagree and engaging in civil debates that did not require name calling, the grammurr police and prejudices.

Le sigh!

Alas, we call onto our masters to help us censor and correct such atrocious behaviours!

Pass us the pitchfork.

Thank Y'ou kindly.

Nick
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes yes and yes. I've been busy guys. I'm sorry.

More mods are definitely a priority. It will take time though, bear with me. It is very difficult to find responsible people who never make discussion personal and have the integrity to do the job.

I'm very much open to nominations. However, don't bother nominating people people who have ever turned a discussion personal, they have zero chance of being a mod. Putting their name here won't change anything.

Betty
01-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Wondering why my posts were removed. I just joined the other day and I posted nothing offensive. Curious.

Nick
01-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Wondering why my posts were removed. I just joined the other day and I posted nothing offensive. Curious.

You just happened to post in threads that I had to remove as part of the moderation process.

Your post weren't singled out and your account is perfectly fine, Betty.

Betty
01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
You just happened to post in threads that I had to remove as part of the moderation process.

Your post weren't singled out and your account is perfectly fine, Betty.

Ahhhh, I figured that out after the fact. I forgot which threads those were I posted on.

Thank you for removing them and for your speedy response. Those threads needed to be removed for a variety of reasons.

I'm impressed with the efficiency of the moderating here. Good job.

MiGente
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Yes yes and yes. I've been busy guys. I'm sorry.

More mods are definitely a priority. It will take time though, bear with me. It is very difficult to find responsible people who never make discussion personal and have the integrity to do the job.

I'm very much open to nominations. However, don't bother nominating people people who have ever turned a discussion personal, they have zero chance of being a mod. Putting their name here won't change anything.

Thanks, for the reponse, Nick. Hopefully, something can be done as soon as possible.

Thecure
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I nominate

DA User &
Thecure

-_-

MiGSTeR
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
It's ok IUF got this under control. We are taking over.

Ali
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
It used to be that teh internets was a place where peoples ideas could mingle peacefully while agreeing to disagree and engaging in civil debates that did not require name calling, the grammurr police and prejudices.

LOL, did you join the internet last week?

Thecure
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
LOL, did you join the internet last week?

nah! 2 weeks.

:oops:

eddy
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
We need Comprehensive Moderation Reform.

LuckyGirl
01-14-2011, 10:46 AM
I nominate

DA User &
Thecure

-_-

Well, personally I'm of the opinion that DA User has made a truly beneficial contribution to the forum. He's on every day at hours when most other mods aren't (because he's the only one that would be in this time zone). :-o He's given his fair share of advice and encouragement, but he's not a mod...so there must be some other criteria DA User doesn't fulfill.

Becoming a mod sounds appealing to me but I don't think I'm the right material.... *thinks about all her arguments and bad moods on the forum*

Farewell!

------------------

OK, all jokes aside.

'Real' moderators stand up on the first day they are here in the forum. They are doing something extra then the other member, they are helping other members, help thinking about how to make this forum better and they are here on a regular basis. There are some of these members in this forum. So it's not a matter of how much you have done or how long, but what you do and how you it.

Good luck!

Thecure
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, personally I'm of the opinion that DA User has made a truly beneficial contribution to the forum. He's on every day at hours when most other mods aren't (because he's the only one that would be in this time zone). :-o He's given his fair share of advice and encouragement, but he's not a mod...so there must be some other criteria DA User doesn't fulfill.

Becoming a mod sounds appealing to me but I don't think I'm the right material.... *thinks about all her arguments and bad moods on the forum*

Farewell!

------------------

OK, all jokes aside.

'Real' moderators stand up on the first day they are here in the forum. They are doing something extra then the other member, they are helping other members, help thinking about how to make this forum better and they are here on a regular basis. There are some of these members in this forum. So it's not a matter of how much you have done or how long, but what you do and how you it.

Good luck!

The DA user nomination was sarcasm. I fit the description you present but on top of that, I'm pro trolling and image baiting as long as its constructive. It'll be an anarchist forum in a sense. We can't all be serious all the time. For some of us, users on this site might be the only other illegal youth they know. In a way, doesn't. It feel great to know you're. Not alone and that even if you're basically neither fully American or other, you can still connect with others? That being said, there should be stronger moderation in regards to discrimination that goes rampant around here. IMHO it seems that some people are selfish and don't understand that others are discriminated on top of their status...

I sometimes wonder about the handicapped queer transgender black women Dreamers out there that are even more marginalized than we can ever fathom...

theboys2010
01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
I realize mod's and admin's are busy, but can at least some new moderators be added or something?

People don't seem to be able to distinguish the separate sections and simply post their threads where they don't belong. Also threads that should be locked or merged are not.

It all has brought down the quality here and lost good members.

Thank you.

Adding voice always make the quality better. When you cut off speech then the quality and honesty will leave the website.

freshh.
06-01-2011, 06:51 AM
We need more mods. I've been seeing some really stupid, racist and ridiculous posts on this board lately. And seeing as it is a PUBLIC forum where no membership is necessary to view the posts, we need people who can clean up the garbage that is being posted. Nick and other mods are busy, but we need someone who can be on here every other day to remove the trash.

The bottom line is that some of the newer people on here are doing nothing to better our public image.

Ali
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
And seeing as it is a PUBLIC forum where no membership is necessary to view the posts, we need people who can clean up the garbage that is being posted. .

huh? wha?

freshh.
06-01-2011, 01:51 PM
huh? wha?

How is that hard to understand? This website is public and a membership is not required to view the posts. :| And yes, some people here are posting garbage (calling the President the n-word is garbage), hence the need for more moderators.

Ali
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
How is that hard to understand? This website is public and a membership is not required to view the posts. :| And yes, some people here are posting garbage (calling the President the n-word is garbage), hence the need for more moderators.

ah, brain fart, misread to make posts not view posts....

Dres2011
06-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I agree, can i be a mod?

LifeDreamer
06-01-2011, 06:29 PM
What.... What....

unrealunknown92
06-04-2011, 03:46 AM
We need Comprehensive Moderation Reform.

Don't we have to secure the border first though?

LifeDreamer
06-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Don't we have to secure the border first though?

You mean don't we have to secure the forum from illegal spammers first... Before we can even think of any type of moderation reform that offers a path to legal posting..WE HAVE TO SECURE OUR FORUM FIRST!!!

WHAT PART OF THE WORD ILLEGAL SPAM POSTING DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!

gzmn_ntn
06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
How about putting a limit of post before anyone can post in the news section, a lot of spammers get to post in the news section right of the bat. Something like you have to have 10 post in other categories before you can post a news article in the news section.

unrealunknown92
06-04-2011, 03:51 PM
You mean don't we have to secure the forum from illegal spammers first... Before we can even think of any type of moderation reform that offers a path to legal posting..WE HAVE TO SECURE OUR FORUM FIRST!!!

WHAT PART OF THE WORD ILLEGAL SPAM POSTING DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!

lol my bad, you're right we need to secure the forum

LifeDreamer
06-04-2011, 10:14 PM
How about putting a limit of post before anyone can post in the news section, a lot of spammers get to post in the news section right of the bat. Something like you have to have 10 post in other categories before you can post a news article in the news section.

I don't wanna be the Republican here. But any sort of moderation will insure the death of the forum.. We need an open market forum... No moderation intervention..

gzmn_ntn
06-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't wanna be the Republican here. But any sort of moderation will insure the death of the forum.. We need an open market forum... No moderation intervention..

Right... I am just referring to not allowing people to spam so easily in the news section, which is the face of this website. But the rest of the website does need a lot of moderation, not to only to remove garbage posted by some members, like yourself, but to make the quality of the content of this website credible.

By the way i'm not hating on you because you post random crap, sometimes i think its funny when you guys do it, such as Icecreampony, you guys make me laugh. But i think theirs an appropriate section to do it in. I mean i log in to this website to find some type of news that relates to our my situation not to hear bullshit news, if i wanted bullshit news i would turn on FOX news lol.

IceCreamPony
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Where are all the mods?

LifeDreamer
06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Right... I am just referring to not allowing people to spam so easily in the news section, which is the face of this website. But the rest of the website does need a lot of moderation, not to only to remove garbage posted by some members, like yourself, but to make the quality of the content of this website credible.

By the way i'm not hating on you because you post random crap, sometimes i think its funny when you guys do it, such as Icecreampony, you guys make me laugh. But i think theirs an appropriate section to do it in. I mean i log in to this website to find some type of news that relates to our my situation not to hear bullshit news, if i wanted bullshit news i would turn on FOX news lol.

That's so funny because I thought we had a section for relevant news and a lounge to lounge in...

But I agree with you we should all be hard core conservatives and only post relevant news and information.. To insure months and weeks of website inaction... Until we find news of course....

By the way do you plan to work for the FCC?? I'm just saying you seem to know a lot about moderation and what's ethically right to talk about... Why don't we moderate the whole internet while we're at it... Get rid of all that you consider garbage fellow conservative Christian person...

I say we need people like Icecreampony to bring a little bit of laughter to our otherwise stressful and inadequate lives...

gzmn_ntn
06-04-2011, 11:43 PM
That's so funny because I though we had a section for relevant news and a lounge to lounge in...

You strike me as a real boring person now..But I agree with you we should all be hard core conservatives and only post relevant news and information.. To insure months and weeks of website inaction... Until we find news of course....

By the way do you plan to work for the FCC?? I'm just saying you seem to know a lot about moderation and what's ethically right to talk about... Why don't we moderate the whole internet while we're at it... Get rid of all that you consider garbage fellow conservative Christian person...

I say we need people like Icecreampony to bring a little bit of laughter to our otherwise stressful and inadequate lives...

Why are you such a Drama Queen? I'm i a boring person? um maybe, my gf doesn't think so but then again to each his own. All i'm saying is that the level of credibility in this website has gone down, but then again this isn't my site so you can do as you please until the owner decides otherwise.

Do i plan to work for the FCC? Your a funny guy. When did i talk about ethics? stop it... your asshole must be so fucken wide due to taking so much shit out of your ass. By the way i'm not christian, or follow any religion, shit i might even be Atheist, i'm pretty liberal since i work with a lot of homosexuals and find them to be pretty intellectual.

LifeDreamer
06-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Why are you such a Drama Queen? I'm i a boring person? um maybe, my gf doesn't think so but then again to each his own. All i'm saying is that the level of credibility in this website has gone down, but then again this isn't my site so you can do as you please until the owner decides otherwise.

Do i plan to work for the FCC? Your a funny guy. When did i talk about ethics? stop it... your asshole must be so fucken wide due to taking so much shit out of your ass. By the way i'm not christian, or follow any religion, shit i might even be Atheist, i'm pretty liberal since i work with a lot of homosexuals and find them to be pretty intellectual.

Like gf's ever tell us the truth.. She doesn't wanna hurt your feelings bud... It's cool to each there own like you said...

And what type of credibility are you talking about??? I've been reading this forum since 2007 and it's alway's been the same.. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe there hasn't been any credible news out there to report on??

I"m not here to make enemies i'm here to be apart of a great community of dreamers and do what I can to participate...

gzmn_ntn
06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Like gf's ever tell us the truth.. She doesn't wanna hurt your feelings bud... It's cool to each there own like you said...

And what type of credibility are you talking about??? I've been reading this forum since 2007 and it's alway's been the same.. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe there hasn't been any credible news out there to report on??

And gzmn I am a funny guy that's what I do.. It's how I cope... It's more funny to me when people like you don't realize i'm just messing around and get all but hurt ...

I also try and help younger dreamers by answering questions and giving advice...

I"m not here to make enemies i'm here to be apart of a great community of dreamers and do what I can to participate...

Well i don't know about your gf's but mine tells me the truth.
Well what i was referring to when i put the post about not letting new people put news article in the news section until they have at least 10 post is due to the number of spam that their has been recently in this page, not to the crap that you guys post, i always skip that since i know its useless. Their are only a few poster's on here who i always stop and read what they have to say because i know it relates to the story/content. Oh by the way i realize that your just creating useless threads and things like that to piss people off but i mean come on, is that mature? Is that how you want to be viewed by this community? You said it yourself, you want to be part of this community and give advice, do you think their going to follow your advice like that? I wouldn't. Anyways... have fun, but your not funny, just letting you know.

LifeDreamer
06-05-2011, 12:39 AM

gzmn_ntn
06-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Yea I guess I do agree with you on that part...

And gzmn which stands for Guzman.. You can't judge me by a few little threads I started in Other Topics and while I was Lounging in the Lounge...

You might be 22 years old but I can see your already thinking your a 40 year old dad..

Once again confirms my theory that you are a boring, boring man... Nobody likes snotty attitudes just to let you know...

I can judge anyone however i see fit, after all it is my opinion.
I rather be a 22 year old boring ass dude, than a lame ass who has to resort to internet forums to have some fun, i mean how fucken lame is that. lol.

Anyways, since your a total loser, i'll leave it as is. I won't remind you how stupid or miserable you are, well cus your a fellow dreamer and i don't hate on my kind, as stupid as some are. Well have fun and don't be a stranger lol... :lol:

LifeDreamer
06-05-2011, 02:19 AM

Ali
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
blalblablalba

bsbsbsbsbs

and welcome to my ignore list

IceCreamPony
06-05-2011, 04:16 PM

LMFAO!!!

I <3.

MiGSTeR
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
And yep we need some moderation, as shown above...

LifeDreamer
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
And yep we need some moderation, as shown above...

Look back at all my records ....I don't start these fights... I'm to cool for that 8-)

alex1234
06-12-2011, 10:08 AM

ditto, this guy is a douchebag.

LifeDreamer
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM

I'm going to be laughing when you miss out on some great news because you have half of DA.Info on your ignored list..

Get over Your Self!!!

2Face
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Well i don't know about your gf's but mine tells me the truth.
Well what i was referring to when i put the post about not letting new people put news article in the news section until they have at least 10 post is due to the number of spam that their has been recently in this page, not to the crap that you guys post, i always skip that since i know its useless. Their are only a few poster's on here who i always stop and read what they have to say because i know it relates to the story/content. Oh by the way i realize that your just creating useless threads and things like that to piss people off but i mean come on, is that mature? Is that how you want to be viewed by this community? You said it yourself, you want to be part of this community and give advice, do you think their going to follow your advice like that? I wouldn't. Anyways... have fun, but your not funny, just letting you know.

Totally agree with this guy here. Just have a look at how many members have joined this forum. DAP has the ability to make a very big difference in achieving passage of Dream Act. I feel like we are slightly diverting away from the main goal, which is obviously DA. Lately I've also been noticing personal attacks on each other. BS posts like these just take up bandwidth and waste everyone's time and make no contribution. In addition to that prerequisite to making posts in the news sections, I feel like active moderation is required on DAP as a start to overhauling the whole site. This would include first of all implementing a system where the user would have to write a certain number of words to be able to post instead of just one sentence. Secondly, any posts diverting away from the topic or offensive statements should be removed ASAP. I understand the moderators whoever they are are busy just like all of us. But this is something to consider. Eventually we can join forces with other organizations like DreamActivist to further help our cause. Till then, lets try our best to keep our posts intellectual and on topic. I myself have been guilty of making nonsense posts on random threads and will try to contribute as much as I can in any way with every post from now on.

Thecure
06-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Mwahahahaha

LifeDreamer
06-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Totally agree with this guy here. Just have a look at how many members have joined this forum. DAP has the ability to make a very big difference in achieving passage of Dream Act. I feel like we are slightly diverting away from the main goal, which is obviously DA. Lately I've also been noticing personal attacks on each other. BS posts like these just take up bandwidth and waste everyone's time and make no contribution. In addition to that prerequisite to making posts in the news sections, I feel like active moderation is required on DAP as a start to overhauling the whole site. This would include first of all implementing a system where the user would have to write a certain number of words to be able to post instead of just one sentence. Secondly, any posts diverting away from the topic or offensive statements should be removed ASAP. I understand the moderators whoever they are are busy just like all of us. But this is something to consider. Eventually we can join forces with other organizations like DreamActivist to further help our cause. Till then, lets try our best to keep our posts intellectual and on topic. I myself have been guilty of making nonsense posts on random threads and will try to contribute as much as I can in any way with every post from now on.

As I told gzmn_ntn.. You're living in a pipe dream world. Do you actually think everybody on here want's to work together... This isn't an action site for the most part it's become a site where we can talk and feel comfortable among other dreamers that's it...

I dare you to try and organize something on here i'm down but sadly almost nobody else will...

2Face
06-20-2011, 09:40 AM
As I told gzmn_ntn.. You're living in a pipe dream world. Do you actually think everybody on here want's to work together... This isn't an action site for the most part it's become a site where we can talk and feel comfortable among other dreamers that's it...

I dare you to try and organize something on here i'm down but sadly almost nobody else will...

I understand this has just become like any other forum where people post for leisure but it certainly wasn't established as one with that goal. There have been and are meaningful conversations going on. I'm definitely willing to sit down with a group of people and come up with a new plan for the site. We basically need to make different sections for each type of posts and actively enforce the rules to keep the credibility of the site.

LifeDreamer
06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I understand this has just become like any other forum where people post for leisure but it certainly wasn't established as one with that goal. There have been and are meaningful conversations going on. I'm definitely willing to sit down with a group of people and come up with a new plan for the site. We basically need to make different sections for each type of posts and actively enforce the rules to keep the credibility of the site.

That's what we have different sections.. For the most part everybody seems to be following the rules...

I think you just want something that cannot be done... I think we all want something right now that cannot be done..

Dres2011
06-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Don't drink too much.

Roy
07-07-2011, 01:08 AM
............mhn..

IceCreamPony
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I must have mod powers. I'm not even kidding. Some bitches need to be banned. This is DAP not GAP.

LifeDreamer
07-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I must have mod powers. I'm not even kidding. Some bitches need to be banned. This is DAP not GAP.

LIKE ALL IUF MEMBERS

MiGSTeR
07-07-2011, 10:06 PM
LIKE ALL IUF MEMBERS

IUF is not meant for trolling. You on the other hand post a lot useless/redneckish things on here, in my OPINION you're the one who should be banned.

I mean you are on here 24/7 waiting for some girlish username to pop out to hit on. You even made an alter ego girl name called HappyZoey. Come on bro be real.

IceCreamPony
07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
LIKE ALL IUF MEMBERS

LOL, wut?! Don't be a betch. I'm the only one that doesn't hate you lol.

Dres2011
07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
How about you guys mature up and leave your problems in the real world?

and contribute to advocacy on this forum...

IMO Dream Act has no chance of passing until 2013/14 easily.

truly sad, but had to throw that out there.

Ali
07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't dance around the topic here.

You made HappyZoey so you can flirt with yourself and make you feel like a macho man. Guess what? You aren't

quoted for truth

IceCreamPony
07-07-2011, 11:06 PM
For the record, Pony has nothing to do with this shit.

Happygolucky
07-08-2011, 12:36 AM
I know, I shouldn't judge a whole group by the actions of a few but some UIF members has been getting on my nerves. I know if I tell moderators nothing will get done but I'm no longer going to stay quiet about it. The moment I see some type of racial slur or other degrading commentary that is really out of line, I'll flag them. UIF and any similar disrespectful member beware. I'm keeping an eye on you.

We are in on our 20's and 30's. We should at least know how to respect one another. That's a basic principle. Why can't we practice it? Why can't we disagree without name calling and insults?

Now, this whole revenge against LifeDreamer is really ridiculous. This is cyber-bullying. It shouldn't be acceptable. 01234 and whoever else did it are truly sad creatures. How pathetic do you have to be to spend hours posting the same terrible photoshop picture trying to humiliate one person? Whatever LifeDreamer did, it must have stung really bad that the person(s?) is (or are) still extremely hurt. Regardless, it does not justify the actions. Nothing justifies bullying or spamming for that matter.

---------------

With that said, I fully support Thecure for a moderator position!

LifeDreamer
07-08-2011, 02:07 AM
I nominate you Happygolucky.... :)

ecnys
07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
WTF to the guy who keeps talking about LD allegedly flirting with himself, who are you to judge people? You're on here every day creating new accounts just to harass a fellow dreamer. We don't lead the best of lives but you must have absolutely NOTHING going for you if you're so passionate about something so trivial.

This goes out to you and your buddies if you have any, spend less time with the teenage retards on /b/ and more time trying to find a job. Get a hobby at least, make some real friends, anything to keep yourself and the rest of us from looking like uneducated internet trolls (you know who you are). This forum needs moderation and fast, I'm seeing way too much of this shitty drama.

2Face
07-08-2011, 10:07 AM

I don't like the tone of your voice and your previous posts on DAP have proven that you're not competent enough to take up a leadership position.

Ali
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I know, I shouldn't judge a whole group by the actions of a few but some UIF members has been getting on my nerves. I know if I tell moderators nothing will get done but I'm no longer going to stay quiet about it. The moment I see some type of racial slur or other degrading commentary that is really out of line, I'll flag them. UIF and any similar disrespectful member beware. I'm keeping an eye on you.

We are in on our 20's and 30's. We should at least know how to respect one another. That's a basic principle. Why can't we practice it? Why can't we disagree without name calling and insults?

Now, this whole revenge against LifeDreamer is really ridiculous. This is cyber-bullying. It shouldn't be acceptable. 01234 and whoever else did it are truly sad creatures. How pathetic do you have to be to spend hours posting the same terrible photoshop picture trying to humiliate one person? Whatever LifeDreamer did, it must have stung really bad that the person(s?) is (or are) still extremely hurt. Regardless, it does not justify the actions. Nothing justifies bullying or spamming for that matter.

---------------

With that said, I fully support Thecure for a moderator position!

is this [mod edit] serious?

Happygolucky
07-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I nominate you Happygolucky.... :)

Haha. I appreciate the nomination but I don't think it's a job I would like to do. I'll probably go crazy with power and begin ruling you all with an iron fist. :lol:

We have a lot of good candidates on this site. I'm sure the moderators can find at least 2 that would make good moderators.

obsolete101891
07-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Whatever is going to happen it needs to happen fast. Things are getting worse and worse on here!!

Dres2011
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Whatever is going to happen it needs to happen fast. Things are getting worse and worse on here!!

I agree.

ECW
07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=23032

bama_kay
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone... I know my post count is low, but I do guarantee that I log onto DAP at least 5 days a week, more than twice a day. I don't believe I get personal in threads or anything. Would I be an okay candidate for moderator?

Osito
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I would like to nominate myself as a mod. I've been registered for four years. Have generally been helpful (I think). And I check out the site pretty often (though don't always login). Think about it Nick!