PDA

View Full Version : Financing/banking/insurance/investment sticky?

Ali
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I figure a bunch of u guys are going to be earning some benjamins soon, so I'd be nice to share experiences w/banks, loans, apr's, IRS, medical/home/car insurance, etc...

Basically either a money thread or money section.

Also, I'd like to 2nd the motion of a 'networking' section/thread.

PS: best to make it private to members only w/so many posts.

fabDreamer
09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
^ Like. Let's add a section to help DACA professionals. It is hard enough to make it out there....we have special hurdles to overcome.

For example, how am I supposed to explain that my resume shows kickass engineering experience while in school and then none after graduating without bringing up my undocumented status and the prejudice that may follow it?

Djdieg007
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
you could say you decided to travel to africa for a while :)

circasurvive
09-22-2012, 02:49 PM
+1, love the idea

qingshu
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
+1. But it should be open to all. What's the point of making something exclusive on the *Dream Act* forum :p Get with the spirit.

msaccountant
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
+1. But it should be open to all. What's the point of making something exclusive on the *Dream Act* forum :p Get with the spirit.

I second that! :)

Ali
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
^^figured there's plenty of money info all over the net already; our situations are unique and google hits may pull elements who may seek that info but not like the rest of the forum (basically ppl we don't want around).

msaccountant
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
^^figured there's plenty of money info all over the net already; our situations are unique and google hits may pull elements who may seek that info but not like the rest of the forum (basically ppl we don't want around).

There isn't a way to make the whole forum private huh? :/ But I understand what you mean there.

Ali
09-25-2012, 11:34 PM
There isn't a way to make the whole forum private huh? :/ But I understand what you mean there.

there is, but I would not advocate that, peeps need the public info about DA, not the money info necessarily.

msaccountant
09-26-2012, 12:15 AM
there is, but I would not advocate that, peeps need the public info about DA, not the money info necessarily.

Hmm. Okay, well if there is ever a "money thread or section" I'd really like to be part of it!

That might also be helpful so it won't be spammed with non-relevant posts.

kattymenon
09-22-2013, 02:17 AM
If a candidate has completed MBA degree from Finance then what will be the further process of training??