PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wants to chat?

GOW125
04-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Guys anybody wants to chat? go to the chatroom I be there, I don't know what is going in congress right now?

bktf
04-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey, GOW125, just wanted to respond. I think that a person with tax returns like yours could benefit from this compromise. Compare yourself to all the day laborers who have absolutely no written documentation to prove that they've been here for any amount of time. The only difference is that this bill would require you to work continuously after receiving your visa, while DREAM would allow you to go to school.

I want to think that DREAM is already included in this Hagel-Martinez proposal because the "compromise" rewrites only the so-called amnesty provision, the legalization of the 11 million immigrants, as it is handled by the Judiciary Committee. The border enforcement and other provisions are left unchanged, so why would DREAM be left out? Most of all, I'm encouraged by the fact that Hagel, who wrote this compromise, is a current co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, as is McCain. Would Hagel and McCain endorse a comprehensive bill that did not include DREAM? I know it's too soon to say, but I think this compromise bill, if passed, could be a solution.

Looks like the McCain-Kennedy bill just failed a cloture vote. So this compromise really is our last shot.

Nick
04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Exactly, which is why I dont agree with the panic that is going on over at CoSA.
DREAM is not dead, it was, because the original McCain had little chance, like I said way before. This compromize is exactly what we needed.
All of this is my opinion ofcousrse and not fact, but I feel strongly about it.

It doesnt matter if you like McCain - Kennedy, the other side, who ARE the majority, has to like it too. And thats even more important.

juang
04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
i like this new compromise bill rather than the McCain bill