PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone can help me

Romeo
06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey whats up guys hopefully something will happen this year or hopefully next year, but i was wondering if anyone knew of colleges in south america to where i can get a bachelors degree and make it wirth to the united states, cause if worse comes to worse, i would go to south america and study over ther and then apply for a workers visa. if anyone knows schools or a website that might inform me of this or even schools that use credits that are allowed in the united states, and vise versa.

also my dream is to become and actor, and ive gotten calls to audition in plays and movies, but im almost sure they will ask me for a social or somethig that i dont have, i was wondergin if anyone knew if lets say i land a movie part or even commercials or play, can they sponsor me or something, how do actors or musicians from other countries work over here, is there a ceratin visa? well thanks everyone if anyone knows anything about these past questions

juang
06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
If i was in your position I would not be going to south america and then try to come back.

as for your acting dreams, i have a friend who is an actress, she's been in "Grounded For Life" or some show like that, and she told me that you only need a bank account where to deposit your check. I know this because she asked me to go to a casting and the subject just came.

Nick
06-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Also, you might want to take a deep look at your eligibility to come back under any visa once you are deported/leave the country. As far as I know there is a 10 year ban to apply for any visa once they determine that you are here illegally.

Romeo
06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey juang do they deposit the money to the bank account? or do i need too? i dont get it cause in order to get payed in checks u need a social security number and in order to have a social security number u need a green card

juang
06-25-2006, 10:08 PM
you dont need and SSN to open a bank account. You need what its call a ITIN, which its a number you get when you do taxes without using a social, and two forms of identification, which could be a "matricula" and a "passport" even if it doenst have a visa. I think it all depends on which banks you apply