PDA

View Full Version : Ku Klux Klan Protests Illegal Immigration, Others Protest Th

juang
08-07-2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.kamr.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1826
Ku Klux Klan Protests Illegal Immigration, Others Protest The KKK

08/05/06 AMARILLO - Tension rose, just as the tempartures did Saturday afternoon. This, as the Ku Klux Klan from San Angelo staged their anti-illegal immigration protest on the steps of City Hall. But another group made noise, hoping to drown out the KKK.
A woman supporting the KKK got angry when anti-KKK protesters got too close too her, yelling "Your momma was an animal. What can we say, that explains your behavior." Back and forth, that was just a small taste of the insults thrown around Saturday in downtown Amarillo as the Ku Klux Klan called on the U.S. Government to stop illegal immigration.

The tension slowly grew as security was heightened, leading up to the Klan`s message that the U.S. should shut the border down.

Timothy Davis, a self-proclaimed racist, turned out in support of the Klan. "I support `em all the way. They [illegal immigrants] shouldn`t be crossing our borders illegaly" he said.

Another KKK supporter, Roxane Funderberk said "No I`m not racist, but I don`t think that people should be over illegaly, because they`re dipping into our school system fund, our hospitilization, and welfare system."

"All they gotta do is go through the channels, get a green card and everything will be fine." Davis said.

An estimated 100 people opposing the Klan marched from the downtown Amarillo post office to City Hall, using noise not violence in hope of ending the gathering.

Melissa Milam, one of the organizers of group protesting the KKK said "This is democracy in action, it`s a very beautiful thing and just i`m really pleased with what happened today."

Winged by her two children, Bertha Zapata faced her enemies straight on, and said "These people don`t have a clue what they`re doing, it`s the 21St century, people should love one another get along and yet these stupid people can`t seem to realize what love is all about."

A man named Chris agreed with Zapata, saying "Yeah it`s upsetting, but it`s also calming that we got all this kind of support even though there`s some racists right on the other side of this fence down there you know."

"I think it`s ridiculous, everybody that came into this country was an immigrant at one time." Zapata said.

Reggie Roland came to protest the KKK`s visit, and said "We are all in the same boat man, we all bleed the same color we all serve the same God I hope."

Chris, disgusted with the KKK, said "It`s like we`re taking a step backward. At a time like this, when we`re at war with so many different countries and what not, stuff like this shouldn`t be allowed. It should be unity, not division."

I wonder how many of those KKK members are also ALIPAC/Free Republic members as well

max
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Why is it that people are still saying that we get housing and welfare?

juang
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
That would be because they are ignorant, and because when they say that they think about the "illegals" that have kids and DO get welfare. I have never heard of any undocumented getting housing without paying for it, but oh well.