PDA

View Full Version : A little summary of the August 21, 2006 Chatroom Meeting

juang
08-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Meeting Started at: 7:20 pm (pacific time)
Meeting Ended at : 9:00 pm (pacific time)

This post is to inform all DAP members who couldnt attend the meeting what went on and to keep the discussion alive until the next meeting comes around.

Basically we talked about ramdom stuff, but througout the whole meeting one topic came and went: media attention on DREAM.
We all agreed that there wasn't enough and therefore we came up with good ideas to bring attention to our cause. There were two ideas that caught my attention. Those were: contacting MTV, and Brian Williams from NBC (I think) and asking them to make a DREAM Act special.

I am in favor of bringing these two ideas to reallity, but we do need help from the peole who proposed them in the fist place. So guys, we need your help. Please contact the administration and we'll start working.

Other topics in the meeting included the special situation of Gocchin who doesnt know if he qualifies for DREAM since he came to the US at 14 legally, but turned "illegal" at 20-21. So, if you guys who didnt attend the meeting can help, dont be shy and speak up.

Besides that, there was the permanent debate over the questions: "will something happen with immigration this year?" and "how long until DREAM becomes a law?"

In conclusion:
This meeting was far better than the last one, and there were more members who came and participated. Thank you all guys.
If you guys have any comments, questions, or want to keep discussing that started in the chatroom in the Augst 21st, 2006 meeting, please post them in here.

Once again, thanks for your participation. And I hope to see you all again next time.

rock steady
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks man for posting the summary. I assume our meetings will be Monday nights from now on? I've got to study for the LSAT coming up so I'm not sure how many meetings I can make. But hopefully you'll keep posting these up! :D

thedream
09-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Interesting pionts... I've thought about media attention, but after reading some of the anti-immigration boards, i'm really starting to doubt this. A lot of people are against this, they thing that it'll be taking money from US citizens, so It could actually have a backlash. But then again, these are conservative boards. The nation as a whole might sympathize with this cause. But I somewhat fear that there will be a backlash just like those after the may 1st rallies