PDA

View Full Version : I would like to share some personal good news with yall

Gocchin Sama
09-06-2006, 07:27 PM
As some of you may know, my mom's previously denied case had suffered at the hands of a series of incompetent yet morally-challenged attorneys. The latest one took our retainer of $1500 and ran away to LA. Fortunately, I tracked him down few months back, but he simply refused to pay back that money after a month of hide and seek. We subsequently filed a complaint against him with the Disciplinary Committee of the Appellate Division. To avoid the payment of a mere $1500, the trash wrote a 9-page response to the Committee accusing my mom of harrassing him and of being an illegal immigrant playing with their justice system. Apparently, those accusations got him nowhere as we received a call today from the committee informing us that he was ordered to pay back the $1500 in three monthly installments of $500, and possibly got his name on their black list. No wonder he sent us some paperwork 2 weeks ago (possibly right after he was issued the order of payment), requesting us to bring the case to the fee dispute arbitration program. If we had fallen for his trap, he would have the excuse to delay or avoid the payment.

This was a great victory for our family not just financial-wise, but also in letting the gov't know that immigrants aren't just there to be pushed around by scumbag lawyers who are only out there to get our hard-earned dought.

VJB2
09-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Awesome! Score. :)

juang
09-07-2006, 12:25 AM
congratulations!!

Nick
09-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Thats great to hear! I absolutely hate dirty lawyers. Some can really help you, some can REALLY **** you.

Ianus
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
You're right some can really screw you over.I'm in almost the situation as Gocchin but my moms case will be re-opened because of a bad-lawyer enabling myself to become legal.God I love the legal system.