PDA

View Full Version : I would like to share a little personal feelings of mine

Romeo
09-07-2006, 06:44 PM
ive been waiting for the longest for something to happen and nothing has happened, everyone keeps fucking talking about something happening soon soon soon but nothing happens, this is fucking bullshit i didnt fucking cross the border yesterday and im not some fucking retard that is a gang member drinking a fucking 40 ounce on the corner. im not a fucking terrorist, i came here wheni was 3 just like many of u basically born here and raised all my life, ive lived everything a normal fucking citizen has lived with, after all the shit i had to go through and all the problems i grad from high school and got into college, tried to be a fucking member of the army which i wasnt able to do and this fucking country says i cant be a normal fucking resident, this is bullshit, everyone is always talking about how they expect dream to happen but noone does shit, half of u are fucking scared and the other half have a good enough life to just not worry till u get to the point where u have no life, im sick of this shit. if some ppl had half as much balls as they have talk then something would have been happened. look how fucking long dream has been out and nothing has happenes. Now they want to say that only boarder bill will happen this is exactly wat i knew would happen, we didnt do shit this summer to make a diff but to write some bullshit letters to congress or whoever the fuck u write 2 that did absolutely nothing, they dont give a fuck about any letter, we could have changed that shit so much if we fucking united and made a big enough scene to show it, but no everyone is oh so scared. and then theres the one who no matter wat talks so much to everyone of how everythign is good and that tommorow we fight bull shit. then i see a bunch of fucking ppl on tv marching while they show clearly that they dont know shit about wats going on and there screaming amnesty for everyone and bush is the devil bullshit, thats why noone takes us seriously cause to everyone we look like a bunch of dumbass motherfucker, on tv marching talking about hsit that we dont know about, this is BULL SHIT AND IF ANYONE FEELS WAT IM SAYIN PM ME

juang
09-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I know what you're going through, believe me, I do. But we all do what we can. I don't know about you, but I have an OK life as of today. I wish the DREAM Act was a law, but I'm doing what I can to make it happen while at the same time trying to live my life.

I'm not afraid of anything, I just don't want to jeopardize my living standars. I've worked so hard for over 5 years and just now I'm starting to see some good of it, and I'm not going to put myself at risk like that woman in Chicago. I have so much to loose.

I can wait another two years before making a drastical decition or anything like that. And my best advice its that you keep your head cool and try to live a normal life. I know it is difficult, I really do, but it is not imppossible. I used to think like you and don't give a danm about anything, but things changed. I graduated and thankfully I got to be in the field I chose to study while making money and having an OK life.

Just calm down and think things through before doing anything. We're all tired of this situation but putting everything at risk to show that an immigration reform its necessary its pointless. Politicians will do what they have to do when they want to do it. It is sad, but that's the way things are. I wish there was a way to change all that, but we can't do anything, not even citizen can. As you said it before, they don't care about letter or two.

I know things will change. I just dont really know when, but I'm positive it will be before the end of 2007.

GOW125
09-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Juang I have been saying that since 2001 when DREAM got introduced, now look it's 2006 almost 2007 and nothing. How do you know that things are going to change in 2007? do you have a crystal ball telling you this? Republicans only care about sealing the border and making hard to get jobs, so that we leave on our own that's all. They all played us like fools, they are already making a new enforcement bill that is not as harsh as HR4377. So that they can tell the public they fix the immigration problem, pass it in both chambers and get it to the president's desk. I have lived in this country for almost 20 years and I have nothing, while I know people that been here less than five and they got some sucker bitch into marrying them and are now citizens. Romeo you rock man! This is all Bullshit. Trust me that I feel you 100%, my best advice is that you try making your own moves, don't wait until Congress does something.

rock steady
09-08-2006, 02:57 AM
I agree that a lot of this whole situation is bullshit. After all, we can argue all we want that we came here at young ages only to be screwed now. To be honest, I have a lot of rage in me now (in addition to a lot of other psychological anxieties associated with being this way). But I have to agree with Juang about doing what we can. Sure, our lives are far from being the best. Part of what gets me through the day is concentrating on other things. I've got to divert my attention elsewhere, otherwise I'll just be some cranky old grouch that bitches all day. Perhaps that has made me lose focus recently. But I know deep inside I've busted my ass doing what I could to help DREAM ever since I learned of it, from the mundane writing of letters, to participating in campaigns and rallies. I've even gone to Hastert's office to speak with his staff. But at this moment, we can only do so much. Can we go in there and force them to make DREAM a law? I'm sure we would all relish that opportunity. But we can't. Perhaps these fat cats in Congress will never understand our situation, because they were blessed to have been born in this country.

There are times where I still blame others for not being as devoted as I think I am. But seriously, we are all in the same damn boat. Could we be more radical? Perhaps. But at what risk to certain people in our community? I don't think there's anything wrong with being legitimately scared about doing things, especially when you've learned to grow up being extremely cautious about your situation. Sure, I can do all these things to further DREAM, but that doesn't make others wrong for choosing to be more subdued.

So I agree with all you guys to some degree. This is bullshit. We have been fed nothing but garbage by these Republicans. They seemingly are nothing but racist cowards. But that's the nature of politics in this country. For most of us, trying to live a normal life, though difficult, is our only solace. So let's try and do that and at the same time, let's do what we can to push DREAM. I won't relent until it's completely dead. I don't care how many damn articles that are posted here saying that DREAM is dead. But I'm also trying to get into law school and have fun with my friends. Those things are not mutually exclusive. And like GOW125 said, let's try and make our own moves. I never thought I would even consider marrying a friend for a chance at legalization, but it's in the back of my mind now. What about career changes? I'm sure we've gone through all these things in our mind. We have no choice but to learn to adapt, whether it be through being overt and active supporters of DREAM, or whether it is by purusing our education to keep our mind off of things. We can learn to find balance.

juang
09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I dont have a crystal ball to see the future. But I have never seen so much attention put into this issue, thats why i think something is going to happen.

Pious
09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Finally sumbody is fucking real. Nihilistic, boy, level-headed. I'm glad there's people like you Romeo, shit I'm like that. I'll drive dowm to the Meixcan-border and piss on the boots of them National Guards if i knew it would propel my case to the higher-ups, Federal Courts (is it a federal offense to piss on the boots of national guards?) shit i'll just do it out of a double-dog dare or after losing on a rock-paper-scissors game against my 2 yr ol nephew.

Note: this thread should be renamed as "Now that we can curse in threads, share yer true fucking feelings about this whole shit."

My two shits is that sumthing WILL happen eventually but within YEARS time. So if you dont have any patience for greater things, then your probably better off marrying sum broad you dont like. you're Romeo, man, where's the chicks? you marry a broad--i think the asking price is $5000--and w/in 6 months, man, you're home-free.

GOW125
09-09-2006, 08:39 PM
damm Pious you have some grapefruits, I will go drinking with you any day of the week. Just like I said before you Rock Romeo.

Romeo
09-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Im glad to hear some people feel the way i do... i honestly have ran out of rope im sick and tired of this shit. i dont beleive how noone can see the bullshit they are doing. how the fuck do you say u want equality for all when they have a fucking 12 year waiting period for a person to get there green card throught brother or sister. when some asshole has his own buisness getting people married and they get it in 2 years. thats bull shit, im sick of playing by the rules im bout to play by my own rules. if anyone out there is intersted on knowing how the marriage thing works ill let u know. yea i know there are gonna be some haters and they are going to say "how can u morally do that" well how the fuck am i suppose to follow my dream when i dont have the chance 2, theres so much shit im mad about in this country that pisses me the fuck off. they say that we are using up welfare and the goverments money (illegal immigrants) how the hell can we do that when we dont have a fucking social to do it with let alone a green card. they say we are getting instate tuition and citizens cant. what the fuck is that we have to be in the state for 4 fucking years and grad from a high school there, when anyone can move anywhere be there for a year and get instate tuition. its so much miss information in this fucking issue that its bullshit. i never use to smoke fucking ciggarretes i hated the smell of it and now i smoke 2 packs a week because im so stressed out with this bullshit. this government if so fucking corrupted that i cant beleive how you guys can not see it and not do anything about it. i guaranfuckingtee you that if all dreamies come together on one of these vacations we have coming up and went in front of capitol hill i mean a bunch of us motherfuckers and showed the media that is so hungry for stories are case. and showed our stories we would make a big fucking difference, a while ago i wanted to go on a hungerstrike, i honestly dont give a fuck about starving because im fat as it is, i wanted a bunch of you guys to back me up, are u gonna tell me that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THE COUNTRY OF THE FREE AND SPECIALLY THEY ARE FOR THE TEENAGERS AND THE FUTURE LEADERS OF THIS COUNTRY are going to let me starve, i dont fucking think so, and anyone who is going to reply to this and tell me "appreaciate what u have and just be happy of this and that" fuck OFF cause you dont have the fucking struggles i have so u dont knwo shit about me, stop being FUCKING HATERS , i grew up with gangs and violence, drugs and everything that a guy in jail for drug seling would have grown up with but i rose above that, for WHAT for some fucking guys to tell me i cant go into the college i got accpeted to because i dont have a fucking green card, thats some bullshit. i changed my whole life around because i thought i would do something by noe at the age of 18 going int ot 19 in 2 months, but no im still in the same fucking boat with the same fucking lazy ass bitches in my community college that dont care about life and are smokiung drinking all the time and going to community college cause there parents want them to. if u want to sit there and wait go ahead and do it theres no fucking way DREAM will ever happen if u just sit there and hope, got dealt our cards already and look where we are , hes not gonna fucking walk us through life all the time we need to leanr how to play are cards the way we want to make it happen. so yea there i gave you about 10% of everything i feel imagine i gave it all to you, half the ppl in this website would be scared to reply, but like i said if any of you are fucking sick of waiting and are ready to play the game the way we should play it then we can talk, we have enough fucking ppl to make a difference- ROMEO

juang
09-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Romeo, I can't wait to see you in the news hunger striking. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but if you feel you can, go ahead.
OH, and don't forget to mention our site to the reporters. It is easy to remember www.dreamact.info

one more thing, when you REALLY want to do something, you don't need anyone else to back you up. Now, lets see what you're made of Romeo

Romeo
09-10-2006, 05:16 PM
that wasnt my point if ur traying to be sarcastic, my point is that u shouldnt act like u can just sit back let other ppl do the work for something u will benefit from, my point is that everyone in this situation should do something about this, but like ur attitude s that u have a good enough life to not care about others that dont have it

juang
09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
that wasnt my point if ur traying to be sarcastic, my point is that u shouldnt act like u can just sit back let other ppl do the work for something u will benefit from, my point is that everyone in this situation should do something about this, but like ur attitude s that u have a good enough life to not care about others that dont have it

Hey, I have an OK life becasue I WORKED for it. I made A LOT of sacrifices, working sometimes 7 days a week, 4 to gain experience in my field and without pay, and 3 to pay school bills, rent, etc, etc. Plus, I chose this career not because it was my loved job, it was something i chose because I knew I couldnt afford to get a career that would eventually required me papers to start working or a 4 year college degree. I wish I had been able to go to UCLA and study business. Somehow I got into that school, I never applied but one day when I was in my english class I got a note from the UCLA people who were in my school. I went to the office and talked to the lady, she told me that I was in and that they would be happy if I chose to attend to their school. Can you imagine how I felt when I had to turn her down? Do you know how I feel now when I see a buch of UCLA students who graduated and now have good jobs? I was suppost to be graduating from there this year, but I'm not, and it is because of my stupid parent's decition to come here without papers. I'm not saying that I'm the only one sacrifising myself, of course not, everyone is suffering the consecuences of our parent's actions.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I read somewhere in the post that you would be willing to go in a hunger strike, am I right? Well, I would be happy if someone decided to do it and get attention to DREAM. And I dont like people who are all talk and not action. And i really meant that, dont say youll do anything, and end up doing nothing.

We all are doing what we can to get DREAM, but theres only so much we can do. I know all politicians are full of $hi^, but I can't do anything to stop that.

rock steady
09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Romeo, I don't think people are hating on you. It would be great if we had some DREAMIES pull off a hunger strike to get some attention for our cause. But the cold reality is that not everyone will be as active as you want them to be. For whatever reason, some in our community don't/can't do some of these things you advocate. And frankly, it's their right, even though I wish people would do more. You say you want to do something, then do it man. I've gone to Hastert's office before to speak with his staff about the very fucked up issues you talk about, and with their full knowledge that I was undocumented. And to tell you the truth, they weren't the most informed bunch on the planet, so you can imagine my frustration and embarrassment. You say you want to put yourself on the line, you don't need someone to push you if you really want to do something. I've wanted to get together with people and perhaps do something other than the limited things we've done online. Sometimes I'd like to tell people to get off their ass and do something, but they won't. And I can't make them. I've told Juang that I was frustrated over at CoSA for the same reasons. But when it boils down to it, we are all in the same boat. We're all fucking undocumented, so I'd rather not make divisions within our own community.

Right now you say you want to be radical and make a stand. Perhaps you've considered the consequences? I say to myself all the time that I don't care if I get attention and possibly get deported because I'm so frustrated with this stupidity. But you know what? I'd still rather live here and put up a fight then just give in and have them send my ass back home. Maybe the people that have gone through the deportation process or some other immigration court-related cases can enlighten us as to how it really feels to go through it. My guess is that it's not a walk in the park.

You got some ideas man? Let's talk about them here on the forum. After all this is what this site wass made for. We can only do so much. These fucking politicians are a self-serving bunch, and unfortunately we're going to be shut out. This doesn't mean we can't do things.

You say you're 18? Well I'm 22. Some of us have been here for over 20+ years and put up with this same shit you speak of, but that in and of itself doesn't make me anymore or less committed. I just finished college, and now I'm at home doing nothing. I'm trying to make the most of things. You're in Com College? Be thankful, because you have four more years to make a difference. I'd love to be back in school. Let's not try to make divisions amongst ourselves. We're in the same damn boat.

rock steady
09-11-2006, 02:05 AM
To be fair, Romeo does make bring up some interesting points. How can we get attention for DREAM? That's probably the most redundant question regarding this issue, but we still haven't keyed in on any specific examples. There's more than enough attention given to immigration reform as a whole, but much less on DREAM specifically. Perhaps we can make that a topic for discussion at the next meeting (sorry Juang can't make it).

Some Ideas:

- Someone at CoSA, and I can't remember who, once suggested that we write to Oprah to possibly get our story heard. We were all ready to do it, but it was a matter of who would do it, and whether or not Oprah would support DREAM in the first place. I'm positive we could get one of our advocates to stand in our behalf, and maybe they'd do that whole "cover your face and disguise your voice segments." And I do remember my mom telling me about an episode where Oprah introduced and openly commended a young immigrant girl who couldn't afford to pay for school because she was "not a U.S. citizen," but through persistence and some luck, she was able to pay for the first semester. Now I know that's some ambiguous language, but perhaps it's insinuating that she was undocumented. At any rate, I think it's an avenue we can't forget about.

- We can certainly push that new docudrama, "El Papel" once it comes out. But of course, that's not until next year, and our goal is for action this year. Nick, could we put a link up on the home page to the description of the movie anyways?

- Alright, we know there are so many groups that support DREAM out there. Some of us have even posted the list of all those groups. We know we can't reach them all, so why not partner with one? That way, we can avoid the hassle of dealing with so many, and only deal with one viable group. In addition, DAP can get information on more organized "public" activities of the sort that Romeo would like to do.

- Let's not forget about the personal stories compilation that was brought up. If we can get enough, perhaps someone would be willing to publish the collection . I'm working on a version that I'm going to send as part of my personal statement, so I should have mine in after I'm done taking this LSAT :shock:

We've got a lot of energy and emotion. Let's somehow channel this. The year's not done yet folks.

hayire
09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Hastert has said that he wants comprehensive immigration reform, but not until the border is sealed off (http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2006/09/09/news/anews05.txt).

Hastert joined Giuliani at a pre-fundraiser news conference and reiterated his stance on illegal immigration, saying he's committed to immigration reform but strengthening U.S. borders is his No. 1 priority.

“It's very difficult to have reform if you can't protect the borders first,” he said.

I just got another prove on how we should not take for granted what we read in the media. I just watched the press conference with Hastert and republican leaders, and trust me it's not what the media makes it out to be. I always thought Hastert and Boehner were for legalization, and I was right, they are for legalization.

they said that Sessenbrenner is in talk with the senate on how to proceed with comprehensive immigration reform, but they have to close the border first.

watch the video (http://c-span.org/Search/basic.asp?BasicQueryText=immigration&SortBy=date) and you'll see.

click where it says:
House Speaker Rep. Dennis Hastert & Sen. John Boehner (R-OH) on Immigration
House Speaker Rep. J. Dennis Hastert and Senator John Boehner (R-OH) hold a news conference on immigration issues.

you must have the real player and it's right on the first field.

We should call these republican representatives and pitch to them the idea of trying to convince Hastert and Boehner to throw in the
Dream Act without the in-state tuition amemdment so it would be more palatable.Trust me Hastert and Boehner are okay with legalization, but although I don't like it, what they say makes sense. The border has to be closed down first. Just watch the video .

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (http://www.house.gov/ros-lehtinen/)= Telephone: 202-225-3931
LINCOLN DIAZ-BALART (http://diaz-balart.house.gov/) = Phone: (202)225-4211
Mario Diaz-Balart (http://www.house.gov/mariodiaz-balart/) =Telephone: (202) 225-2778

max
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
So the dead line is sept. 18?

Romeo
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
i understand what u mean and i know thats what it says the they want legalization, but look at everything that has happened in the past months, they could have totally worked on the boarder the whole summer, it would have been secure by now but instead they stalled, and made these hearing appear, and they got exactly wat they wanted, the easted the whole summer on hearings, and now that there back all they want it the boarder, everything that we said and the media said they would do they have, its like a messed up story just unfolding, so why would i beleive they want anything when they intentionally did all this, when they could have fixed it earlier this year.