PDA

View Full Version : Scholarships? Why the long face?

Pious
10-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Maldef is fake. Out of all their scholarships, I (as i know most of you) could only qualify for a handful, say seven. After researching these seven, going through the application and so forth, I saw that for every one of them I'd have to be at least a Lawfull Permanent Resident. What gives? I thought their statement said sumthing like "the following is a list of scholarships that do not require a social security number," or sum ish like that.
Does anybody know where to get real money for college (that's not organized crime)? I know there's some between a matress somewhere.

I know it could be done. I saw a show (I think it was called Immigration News Special or sumthing containing these three words together) on Mun2 or sum pop-y pretentious hispanic music channel like that where they documented this undocumented kid (senior graduating highschool) with a mustache who was on the debate team and went around rallying and marching in the big May march and at the end flew to Sacramento and then to DC for confrences with Senators. How'd the EFF did he get to hop on an ariplane? He said he was headin' to college in the fall (with scholarships, it sliped out of his mouth), how'd he get that? He's no different from you and I, right? He had all these white people patting him on the back like they did Thomas Edison; while the rest of us are carrying shovels and sticking our face in cementmixers, french fry grease, and god knows what pussyfarts. Whatever, man, I just stick to 2mex, you know, Love always fights back.

Abaddon
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Keep in mind that at one point those scholarships did not *need* residency requirements. What ended up happening is that over time some of the schoalrship programs decided to change their regulations and MALDEF has not updated their lists.

Some colleges, if they are impressed by your achievements, could offer you up to 1/2 of the cost. When I was in high school, a college rep. was conducting onsite admissions which means that they go to your high school and make admission decisions on the spot. Anyways, when the admissions counselor saw my grades she was astounded and said that if I had applied earlier I would have gotten more money.

Anyways, there are many ways to get around it but it's hard. The kid you speak about probably had to open up to many people to get support from them. Sometimes people just get lucky.

i3ernal
11-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I feel ya. Ive browsed through Maldef's list and only found a few that I could possibly qualify, yet when I visited the site they had resident requirements blah blah blah. So no scholarships for me, but hopefully it changes soon because Im getting tired. My tuition is no more than 1200 a quarter, hopefully it stays that way because I wont be able to afford it. I have to work about 25 hours a week to pay for some bills, and save some money on the money for my tuition weekly. Oh and books are another story lol.