PDA

View Full Version : A Conservative trend ?

Ianus
11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
It isn't anything immigration related,but it's still interesting & should brighten anyone's day.

It seems our conservative friend by the name of Ann Coulter (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15906575.htm) is being investigated for voter fraud charges.It makes you wonder about all the fanfare pertaining to the undocumented voting illegally. :roll:

Also more importantly,It seems our friend J.D. Hayworth is losing to a Democrat by the name of Harry Mitchell in the latest polls in a heavily republican district 48% to 46%.It's certainly no Tancredo but I'll definitely take it. :lol:

I'd like to declare Nov. 7th vote out the House Republican incumbent & get rid of corrupted conservatives day. : P

Pious
11-03-2006, 09:36 AM
I'd like to declare Nov. 7th vote out the House Republican incumbent & get rid of corrupted conservatives day. : P

Just how on earth do you expect us to do that since, you know, WE'RE ALL ILLEGAL!!!!

Abaddon
11-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Was that sarcasm?

Pious
11-03-2006, 02:46 PM
No, it's a truism.

Abaddon
11-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Uhm, I believe he said "I'd like" which means its a present contrary to fact statement... i.e. he can't now but will do so *if* one day we become legal.

Pious
11-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude, shut up. we're (you and I) are supposed to be on the same side; when this country (and all its dumbass ignorant C-average-president-supporting residents) realize that giving amnesty to more than 65 thousand students per year (since when? i dunno 86') is a real dumbass idea, you'll be handcuffed to same goddamn bench inside the border patrol van next to me.
Besides it's obvious the guy is in here promoting somthing other than dreamact. . .what is it? democrats? I dont know. i dont care.

But if you want to get into details:--(ugh)--he said "I'd like to declare Nov. 7th vote. . .day" he's clearly refering to next Election Day Tuesday November 7th of 2006. So that takes care of the "present contrary" part. Moreover, your statement, Abaddon, "i.e. he can't now but will do so *if* one day we become legal," is in contradiction to your prior "...its a present contrary to fact statement" for, certaintly, the same people he's refering to will not be running for office when (oh yes: *if*) we get the opportunity to vote, either to vote for Democrates or "vote out the House Republican incumbent & get rid of corrupted conservatives. . ."
AHh, I still love ya Abaddon. I'll take you to Cancun with me when the van drops us off at "Revo" in TJ. My step-dad own's a little seafood restaurant by the sea down there.

And the rest of you are probably like: "Shut your hole the both of yuss. We're North American men, we like tities and carparts."

rock steady
11-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I hate to sound pessimistic, but even though it seems the Dems have everything going for them, I'm still skeptical about their performance. No doubt they'll win a lot of seats, but I just hope this hopeful energy by the Dems amounts to a majority. We've all seen from Kerry's blunder this week that the Dems always seem to find ways to mess things up. Again, let's hope for the best.

Nick
11-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Pious I think you are taking this too seriously. It was a joke from what I can tell. Its no secret that no immigration reform passed because there are way too many conservatives in Congress.

Abaddon
11-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I am on your side. I don't know what you're talking about.

Whatever Ianus said, it's not something to be upset about. I am nervous about the upcoming elections, Pious. Whether the reps or dems win, it doesn't matter. They can both bring us to our demise.

Ianus
11-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Wow,I never thought one statement could put up such a firestorm,now I know how Kerry feels !
I thought the : P was enough to show it was a joke,but I guess it wasn't clear enough.
.........Its no secret that no immigration reform passed because there are way too many conservatives in Congress.
Bingo !
.....I'm still skeptical about their performance. No doubt they'll win a lot of seats, but I just hope this hopeful energy by the Dems amounts to a majority.This is the 1 million dollar question,I've actually been doing some research & it seems the Dems. have been doing a similar micro-targeting 'Get out the vote !' campaign as the republicans,but unfortunately only in 6 states.I'm still trying to figure out how they only need 15 seats to become the Majority,if the House actually requires 218 seats for whatever party to become said Majority.Democrats currently have a 202 minority.

juang
11-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Its nice to see action going on in the forum again :-)

Abaddon
11-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Umm guys I have been reading articles that say if the Demos take charge they will most likely focus on attacking Bush and the whole Iraq affair... another potential distractor from the immigration issue...

either way it seems like it's going to take longer than I though... or am I wrong?

rock steady
11-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I'd hope not. One important scenario someone (Hayire?) suggested was if the Dems do reign supreme this Tuesday, that the Reps would be more inclined to make concessions during the lame duck before a Dem controlled congress could conceivably craft the immigration bill to their liking, much like the Reps did with REAL and Secure Fence.

Abaddon
11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Right... they know that the Demos are going to try an "amnesty stun" so they will try to negotiate instead...

Interesting...

Ianus
11-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I always thought the current Representative would serve out his time first until the new Congress is sworn in ?!!

If Congresstry tries most likely it would be in an Omnibus package or an Appropriations bill which is a must-pass legislation to not only fund the Government until '07 but usually includes last minute amendments that can be added like Dream. :wink:

The 'lameduck session' starts this November 13th,I believe.