PDA

View Full Version : What are you up to?

juang
12-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Well, as many of us might or might not know, the 109th congress is over. That means that ALL that was done during it will have to be done all over again in 2007.

But this post isnt really about congress or legislations, it is about wanting to reach out to our members. After all we are a community that is united by one single DREAM. I just wanted to know what has everyone been up to in the last month(s).

I haven't really been up to anything in particular. I'm just focused on having fun with friends during the weekends, since we all started an amateur soccer team. We play every Sunday. So far we have 1 win, 1 draw, and like 3 loses. Our team is not really winning or loosing, rather it is about having fun and spent time together like when we were in high school (yes, most of the teammates were with me in high school, so we have a lot of fun).

Last thanks giving was boring (like all thanks-giving dinners) I went to my aunt's and bored myself. People basically spent the whole time talking about their childhood memories and stuff like that.

But for Xmast I was thinking on going out to a dance club or something like that.

Well, that's pretty much what I have done lately, but I want to know how you (yes, you, the one on the other side of this screen) have been up to.

Yes, you can just drop a line or two, letting us know that you're still alive. Or you could write a whole essay, it doesn't matter. What matters is staying together, after all and all, this is also a support group

peace out.

anothercollegekid
12-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Well, as many of us might or might not know, the 109th congress is over. That means that ALL that was done during it will have to be done all over again in 2007.

But this post isnt really about congress or legislations, it is about wanting to reach out to our members. After all we are a community that is united by one single DREAM. I just wanted to know what has everyone been up to in the last month(s).

I haven't really been up to anything in particular. I'm just focused on having fun with friends during the weekends, since we all started an amateur soccer team. We play every Sunday. So far we have 1 win, 1 draw, and like 3 loses. Our team is not really winning or loosing, rather it is about having fun and spent time together like when we were in high school (yes, most of the teammates were with me in high school, so we have a lot of fun).

Last thanks giving was boring (like all thanks-giving dinners) I went to my aunt's and bored myself. People basically spent the whole time talking about their childhood memories and stuff like that.

But for Xmast I was thinking on going out to a dance club or something like that.

Well, that's pretty much what I have done lately, but I want to know how you (yes, you, the one on the other side of this screen) have been up to.

Yes, you can just drop a line or two, letting us know that you're still alive. Or you could write a whole essay, it doesn't matter. What matters is staying together, after all and all, this is also a support group

peace out.

hello!! well lets see.. ive been doing the whole school thing..actually ive been up to a lot.. i was in a sorority for the first two years of college until i realized i was wasting my time and money, then i started getting all enviromental on everyone until i realized that was asking for ALOT OF SOCIAL change. ive been mainly involved with school and anti-war organizations. until i really sat down aand realized that i have a lot of potential and crave social change but was really focusing my attention on things that didnt mean so much to me.. i mean dont get me wrong, i am still a big "tree-hugger" and im part of this organization formed my iraq vets agaisnt war.... BUT this is what i needed. i came across this forum out of pure curiousity. i really want to help with all that i can. and i know that i have the ability and knowledge to do something..heck for all we know we can be the pioneers of a revolution! we need social change ! and this is pretty much what ive been up .. im drafting my letters pretty much..i figured i would start there... im writting to everyone! pelosi, bush, heck im even going to mail it to our good old buddy clinton! but yea finals are coming up and thats it.. i work at an insurance place and i hate it but reading through some of these posts, i appreciate my job ten times more bcuz i can work when most cant..but mayeb ud liek to read my post on the new memebrs section , which will tell u alittle bit more of myself..sorry this is so random and out there.. im tired and sleepy but cant stop browing this forum...

VJB2
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I've been going to school, and doing working from home. I go to the gym in the mornings, school after, come home and work, and do whatever else I need to do at night.

There has not been much activity here lately, but I assure you guys that I still visit every day.

Let's see what comes of 2007. :D

brenda04
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
hey everyone.Ive jus been busy with school.Just two more days until my first semester of college is over.College is hard but Im just glad Im gettig a chance to even go to college.ive been taking bellydance classes at my school every week and I love doing that.Now that winter break is coming up Im looking for a job.Its really hard to find one that is willing to pay me off the books.Paying for college has been really hard for my Dad who is also undocumented.I just want to help him out.

Abaddon
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I've been busy with school. Tomorrow I take my last final... gotta brush up on stuff tonight. After that, I am going to pack up and leave Thursday night. It's going to be a long journey home on the train.

I have been trying to get experience in doing other thinsg since I cannot apply for most internships. Since I want to teach as a career, I have taught an ESL class this semester every Monday. The experience was great. I am definitely looking to have another class of my own this summer for three months.

For the holidays I am planning to chill, do some light reading for next semester, go out with old friends, and tutor my siblings at home. Nothing too stressful.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

Swim19
12-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Well I graduated in May with a Bachelors degree in Biochemistry...I can't look for a job for obvious reasons so I've been mostly staying at home, trying to keep busy. I do some babysitting and a few other little jobs here and there. I try to go the gym a few times a week; its good to at least do something positive for your body and health. I hang out with friends and I like writing creatively- it calms me and keeps me busy. Anyway I'm looking into single courses I can take at a Community Collage by me just to keep me busier in the spring time.

juang
12-12-2006, 02:25 AM
ive been taking bellydance classes at my school every week and I love doing that

Can I have a show of you dancing? ;-)

And swim19, why don't you let us read at least some paragraphs of your writting, I think it would be fun.

Nick
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
As many people here I've been busy working towards my degree.
Its been a very interesting semester. I got invited into a national engineering honor society, that was cool, we have our own office and all. Last week I got a nice fat raise at work, that was nice too. I've been busy doing some contract and freelance programming work as well. Maybe I can even afford all the skiing I plan to do this season. 8) Come to think of it, however, my tuition bill is only a couple of weeks away and thats not gonna be good for my family's finances. :cry:

I've also been trying to get my mind of things by hanging out with friends. For the winter break I have grand plans, usually nothing works out the way you plan though. :lol:
I have to do some website work for my job, gotta feed the skiing addiction somehow... Maybe even visit the west coast this season, but I $doubt$ it. For New Years we rented a house with some friends for 5 days that should be a w e s o m e. Also... dont tell anyone... but my number one priority is to update this site as much as I can while I have a grain of free time. :wink: As I'm sure everyone has noticed I do very little for this site while I'm in school, aside from paying the bills and keeping active as much as I can.

GOW125
12-12-2006, 07:44 PM
nothing much just watching the game, drinking a Bud. J/K, just working, enjoying time with family and friends. I now have enough money to afford graduate school, it took me kind of a long time to save up, because of bills and other stuff. Now I just have to take the GRE I been studying for a couple of months now, and send my package to a couple of graduate schools. Hopefully I get accepted into one. If not I will save the money for something else. Happy holidays everyoneand let's go for it in 2007 I like High Five.

brenda04
12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
GOW125 congratulations hope you get accepted into the college of your choice.
juang remind me about the belly dance when I get better lol.
Swim19 do you write poetry love reading and writing poetry.

qingshu
12-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Im currently procrastinating for finals :o

brenda04
12-13-2006, 12:08 AM
lol me too,instead of studying im writing to you nice people lol

Swim19
12-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Juang wrote:
And swim19, why don't you let us read at least some paragraphs of your writting, I think it would be fun.[/quote]

Hmmm....I'll have to think about that...

And Brenda04, I do like reading poetry, but I don't really write poetry. I writes short stories, fiction, that type of stuff more.

Nick
12-13-2006, 02:21 AM
That reminds me I should really start studying for my finals too. I feel like I'm on vacation already. Havent done crap today. :lol:

Abaddon
12-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Oops... gotta run to take my last final. Wish me luck!

VJB2
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Gooood luccckkkk.

Nick
12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Oops... gotta run to take my last final. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Go show those Christian mythologists or w.e you're into right now. :lol:

max
12-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok my turn.

I'm working 6 days a week on a 3rd shift. I'm trying to get even more hours at work, more money :D. I'm trying to save up to buy a car so i could go to school(community college), and just to move a lot faster. The bus sucks. I'm also studying the ASVAB, so I could be ready to join the military as soon as DREAM passes. The Air Force is my first choice, and my second choice is the Marines. And Nick I'm also trying to go skiing this year, but it's to expensive. I wan't to learn how to snow board.

brenda04
12-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I went skiing once.I fell so hard down a hill I will never go back ever again.I think my butt still hurts lol

Nick
12-15-2006, 03:35 PM
And Nick I'm also trying to go skiing this year, but it's to expensive. I wan't to learn how to snow board.

There are usually good and cheap resorts that you can find; it depends on where you are located, just do some research on the net. If you go for night skiing (about 4 pm to 10 pm) its usually a lot cheaper, thats wat I do. The "popular" mountains are always more expensive and there is always a crap load of people and long lines, hardly entertaining. Going night skiing on a less popular mountain is the best; you virtually have the whole mountain to yourself. Also, try to go during a weekday if possible, less people.

As for snowboarding, I've been meaning to try it. Everytime we go out to the mountain I plan on trying snowboarding, but when I get there I just want to ski I dont want to spend the day on my ass learning how to snowboard. :lol: