PDA

View Full Version : finally...

anothercollegekid
12-11-2006, 04:43 AM
where do i begin?
i was born in mexico and lived there for 4 years, though most cant remeber the first 4 years of their childhood, i remember things here and there and they are all pleasant memories. loving parents and grandparents, a whole big land all to my self and family and cousins to spare. Ive never asked my parents what made them come here, and now that i think about it , i will probably ask them tomarrow morning..anyways.. my dad moved to california for a full year before my mother , brother and i came and becoming citizens was an objective for them. they went through their deal of "abogados" shady ones, and now they seem to have a good one, but who knows. hey they didnt know any better. we lived in someones back house, which was really just one room, to now living in a 5 bedroom home, which my parents own, and our family owns 4 cars all together. i have a job , and my parents pay taxes, my brother is a manager of his bank and my sister is a sophomore in high school. my parents worked so hard to provide this life for my brother , sister and me, they did all they could, my mom cleaned houses and my dad did construction . I am now 20 years old, and im going to turn 21 in like 4 months.i am really happy to have found this site, because, ONE i dont know if im like emberassed or something but my "legal" status is not something i discuss a lot. though now i know that i should. and in fact i need too. we all need to. i feel like i was kinda of forced to keep it a secret since its looked down as "wrong" they put a label of aliens to it. i remember being in like elementry school and this fat kid , right after the elections and whole 187 thing, came up to me and said, go back to your country!, i didnt go to such a diverse elementry school, so i couldnt be mad at the kid, he didnt know any better i thought, and i was like 7 when this happend. so because of that moment, i swore i would not let anyone know about my "status" bcuz i felt they were going to see me as "stupid". im older now and i dont think that obviously, but to think that a child of 7 years can feel liek that bcuz of one stupid kids comment?? THAT IS WRONG.

bottomline... usually i write [***edited by moderator***] name that ive had for like 8 yrs now, but i chose "anothercollegekid" bcuz thats all it takes for social movement. for our generation to stay focused on our goals and lead a revolution of social awareness. i hate how ignorant some people are. i hate that i can recite to you the constitution, tell you what the patriot act is, inform you of your bill of rights, and yet i am not good enough to vote?yet alone hold NO rights to these priveldges that natural born citizens have???

I am a Sociology major, minoring in philosophy at CSUN and i am hoping to attend Loyola Law School in 2 years. and that is my story....

this was a bunch of randomness..but it feels good to put out there.

oh and I really want some feedback or if someone wants to email me... i reeally think others like me who are stuck in this "rut" need to unite and really get the ball rolling.

how funny, that kids comment that has stuck with me through out these years, is actually one of the reasons from that age and on i wanted to be involved in politics.

I cant vote, but neither could black people, neither could women once. IT CAN HAPPEN. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER. WE JUST NEED TO BE ORGANIZED .

***Edited because the information might compromise user's identity. There's a lot of bad people who browse this forum and will try to harm you (get you deported) if they have a chance. Please don't write your: email address, AOL or MySpace account names in the forums. They might contain important information about you and where you are. And trust me, you don't want these people know it. ALIPAC, and freerepublic members come to this forum, that's why we need to watch our backs.

--juang

VJB2
12-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey! Welcome to the forum. You, like all of us, have come a long way. Be proud of what you are, even with all the ignorance in the world. You'll soon get to vote, just be prepared to write letters, make phone calls, and educate people on what is going on so that they educate others. We're all here to work together. :D

juang
12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
welcome to the forum anothercollegekid. I hope you have fun in here.

Abaddon
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome, anothercollegekid,

A new year is dawning... all of us, let's go for it!!

brenda04
12-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I love when new people join the forum because I was so happy when i found this site.Did your parents ever become legal?My dad has been trying since he got here about 14 years ago and all he has so far is a ss#.But I guess that's the most important thing anyways so he's lucky.

rock steady
12-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Welcome! I second Abaddon's comment. We can make it happen this year. Let's try to stay positive.

anothercollegekid
12-12-2006, 03:14 AM
I love when new people join the forum because I was so happy when i found this site.Did your parents ever become legal?My dad has been trying since he got here about 14 years ago and all he has so far is a ss#.But I guess that's the most important thing anyways so he's lucky.

yea im really happy to have found this site, i have been geering my attention to things that mean a lot to me but nothing like this. this is who i am and its something i am determined to help change! my parents were screwed over with lawyers..they dint know any better, now that i remeber they were told that their lawyrs apt. and office was burned down? so i dont know the truth in that but anyways , yea having a social security # is a great thing. mine says something on it liek...only with valid workers permit or somethign of that sort.. not sure. its like im ashamed to show it, but i should be proud?? i dont know.. i am working on this book about Identity crisis' for women like us, maybe u'd be interested to help me with it"? i know you were saying something about a boyfriend who u havent told. i have a boyfriend for 4 yrs.. it wasnt til the last year that were were together that i told him, when we broke up he threw that shit back in my face, but im hoping ur boyfriend is way better then my ex. (mine was very abusive, but i think i stayed with him for comfort...u know one of those things) dont feel scared to tell your boyfriend of who u are. its what u are. heck for all you know things could get better! they sure did for my ex relationship, he would call me his little immigrant. ahaha its kinda cute right?

all of us here, we have a bond, like a brotherhood/sisterhood, we are all children brought here without a choice, at the age of 3 all i wanted to do was be with my dad, so maybe my mom took that as , hey bring me to america? ahah not but really i just think people are scared of immigrants. "aliens" heck im scared of aliens, aliens liek E.T. that is..
sometimes i feel like i cant even blame ppl who say all immigrants are dirty people who just demand and demand, i remebr watching the protest a few months ago and i would see these high school kids who just wanted to get out of school and
were waving mexicans flags and yelling MEXICO IS #1, and i just shook my head and kinda got emberrassed, i hate that the media has posed that image to being the consensus thought of immigrants, that we all hate america , that we're all stupid, and we all live of welfare. lets not even get into welfare...
anyways.. im sorry i have rambled on.. bottom line is..look at all of us here. most of the stories are all the same..brought here at a young age, studied really hard, and now stuck in a rut. it sucks!
but keep your head up baby girl because the times are changing. we are the children of the shawdows...

i read this book in like 4th grade, about this society where there was a Population Police and every 3rd child born to a family was illegal and had to be taken away to be killed and stuff, so this kid.. uhm i think his name was... luke? met another kid just like him...since he thought he was the only one..and after meeting her she introduced him to a world of other kids just like him.. i dont remember how the book ended..but i thnk u know where i am going with this..as cheesy as this sounds i feel like luke when i came across this site..i have hope. in the book i think they got all the illegal 3rd borns to march up to capital hill... anyways

we will do this right. we will use the proper grammer, present the proper cases, and use the man made laws along with human fundamental rights to win our citizenship. one day. one day soon.

sorry for the randomness..im like on mind overload..

Nick
12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome to DAP! I'm glad you found us. :wink:

I remember feeling all along and hopeless in this situation, those were not happy times...

brenda04
12-13-2006, 12:02 AM
wow we are so similar it's scary.I came over here when I was three also and sometimes I wish I never had.But then I think of all the people that I have in my life and all the experiences that I have had here and Im glad Im here.Yeah I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years (and three months lol) and I love him so much,but I dont even know how to tell him what I am. I think if I were gay coming out the closet would be a piece of cake compared to this.Im scared to tell him now because I’ve been with him for so long and never told him before. Now it feels like ive been deceiving him or something.What's funny is that I have no problem telling strangers Im undocumented. I know he wont stop loving me or anything if I tell him, it’s just too embarrassing for me.When we talk he's always giving me advice about getting a job,or how important it is for me to get my state Id.He even offers to teach me how to drive so that I could get my liscense.Every time he lectures me I see yeah your right or I just change the topic. I never ever tell him I cant do any of the above.If I do now Ill seem like a liar. My story is so sad.I met him when i was 13 going on 14(freshmen year) and he was 16.That first year was the best year of my life.Then the summer after my freshmen year of highschool my parents found out I was dating someone ,because I accidentally got a huge hicky on my neck.I know I know stupid me.They grounded me for a whole summer.My parents are Dominican and very strict on dating.I had to stay in my room,no phone ,no house visits,no going outside what so ever.I also had to deal with my mom calling me all kinds of sluts and whores.I went into major depression that summer because I just sat in a dark room for so long.Then when I was almost of punishment at the end of the summer they found out who it was that I had been dating.Troy,the black boy from around the corner.They almost killed me.Im mean seriously my Dad beat the crap out of me.It was his first time ever laying his hands on me,all because my boyfriend was black.I had to lye and say we had broken up.Meanwhile my boyfriend stuck by my side throughout the whole thing.He used to write me letters everyday and throw it in my window.He would come to see me whenever my parents left me alone for even 5 minute.When school started he would come pick me up from school and walk me home.My sophomore year was so hard.My parents didnt ease up on their strictness and my moms verbal abuse got worse. I kept getting even more depressed. My grade started dropping, I was sleeping all the time in school.I lost a lot of friends. I even started cutting myself. Please don’t think I went all crazy because I couldnt be with a guy.I just hated myself and my life in general.My sister who is an american got to go on many vacations to dominican republic while I had no choose but to stay in this hell hole I call my home. Thankfully, I still got to see my boyfriend everyday by sneaking around.He was all I had to keep me sane. Little by little my parents started giving me my privileges back because they thought me and troy had decided to just be friends. Till this day they don’t know I’m still with him.The stroy gets sadder.Im out of highschool, in my freshmen year of college and Troy has moved away. He went upstate to get his life together and left me all alone. He asked me to go move in with him soon, but guess what I cant? Why? Because I don’t have a ss# and how else will I be able to get a steady job to support myself upstate.And because I don’t get financial aid and my dad pays my tuition for me. If I leave this house especially for "el moreno" that they hate I think they will disown me.

sorry for writing so much I just wanted to get my story out there.Oh and if you need help with anything I willing to help you.

Nick
12-13-2006, 02:32 AM
That is some story Brenda... I hope your family will learn to accept your boyfriend, he sounds like a good person. I can deffinitely say I've been lucky in terms of my parents. They might not get along with each other (recently divorced actually), but I do get along with both of them. I have their complete trust in everything. For a while (since I was 14 years old or so) I've been doing pretty much whatever I want and they never questioned me much. I really dont believe in strict parenting or pampering on the other hand, its just a matter of being a good parent. Beating your kid because she is dating someone is overkill in my book although I would be pretty pissed if my 13 year old came home with a hicky. :wink:

anothercollegekid
12-13-2006, 03:28 AM
wow we are so similar it's scary.I came over here when I was three also and sometimes I wish I never had.But then I think of all the people that I have in my life and all the experiences that I have had here and Im glad Im here.Yeah I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years (and three months lol) and I love him so much,but I dont even know how to tell him what I am. I think if I were gay coming out the closet would be a piece of cake compared to this.Im scared to tell him now because I’ve been with him for so long and never told him before. Now it feels like ive been deceiving him or something.What's funny is that I have no problem telling strangers Im undocumented. I know he wont stop loving me or anything if I tell him, it’s just too embarrassing for me.When we talk he's always giving me advice about getting a job,or how important it is for me to get my state Id.He even offers to teach me how to drive so that I could get my liscense.Every time he lectures me I see yeah your right or I just change the topic. I never ever tell him I cant do any of the above.If I do now Ill seem like a liar. My story is so sad.I met him when i was 13 going on 14(freshmen year) and he was 16.That first year was the best year of my life.Then the summer after my freshmen year of highschool my parents found out I was dating someone ,because I accidentally got a huge hicky on my neck.I know I know stupid me.They grounded me for a whole summer.My parents are Dominican and very strict on dating.I had to stay in my room,no phone ,no house visits,no going outside what so ever.I also had to deal with my mom calling me all kinds of sluts and whores.I went into major depression that summer because I just sat in a dark room for so long.Then when I was almost of punishment at the end of the summer they found out who it was that I had been dating.Troy,the black boy from around the corner.They almost killed me.Im mean seriously my Dad beat the crap out of me.It was his first time ever laying his hands on me,all because my boyfriend was black.I had to lye and say we had broken up.Meanwhile my boyfriend stuck by my side throughout the whole thing.He used to write me letters everyday and throw it in my window.He would come to see me whenever my parents left me alone for even 5 minute.When school started he would come pick me up from school and walk me home.My sophomore year was so hard.My parents didnt ease up on their strictness and my moms verbal abuse got worse. I kept getting even more depressed. My grade started dropping, I was sleeping all the time in school.I lost a lot of friends. I even started cutting myself. Please don’t think I went all crazy because I couldnt be with a guy.I just hated myself and my life in general.My sister who is an american got to go on many vacations to dominican republic while I had no choose but to stay in this hell hole I call my home. Thankfully, I still got to see my boyfriend everyday by sneaking around.He was all I had to keep me sane. Little by little my parents started giving me my privileges back because they thought me and troy had decided to just be friends. Till this day they don’t know I’m still with him.The stroy gets sadder.Im out of highschool, in my freshmen year of college and Troy has moved away. He went upstate to get his life together and left me all alone. He asked me to go move in with him soon, but guess what I cant? Why? Because I don’t have a ss# and how else will I be able to get a steady job to support myself upstate.And because I don’t get financial aid and my dad pays my tuition for me. If I leave this house especially for "el moreno" that they hate I think they will disown me.

sorry for writing so much I just wanted to get my story out there.Oh and if you need help with anything I willing to help you.

we are TOO similar. it is scary... I am really sorry to hear that your parents are that way with you, my dad use to be very very strict on me..i learned that no matter WHAT you do/say your parents will no matter what love you. atleast they should, but i have never dated a black guy so i dont know ... i dont think they would be very happy either now that i think about it..but yea, i feel like coming out of the closet would probably be a lot easier too! trust me. i havent even told people i consider "best freidns"

our high school stories are so similar. i to went throough a cutting stage in my life. i really think that being "undocumented" whether you agree with me or not, does give you identity issues, atleast when your old enough to comprehend that everyone gets put into a category you know?. i feel so lost sometimes. here i am trying to go to law school, to be come a political figure, and i cant even vote. i have been in this country for 17 years! My sister who is american born, goes to mexico and visits my family that i vaguely rememebr. she isnt doing likemy brother and i did in school and she doesnt care. shes 15 yrs old and i try to sit her down and epxlain to her that there is more to life then how her hair looks and stuff, i tell her she has so many oppurtunities that other kids, including myself, wish we had at her age..but she just sits there and kinda doesnt respond, i mean she cant really understand you know? but yea anyways.. with the whole cutting thing..i later found ..atleast from evaluating my life, that its like a PAIN that can be controlled. like you can actually do osmething about it you know? like i can control my physical pain cause the internal pain of being lost can not be fixed. butyea i actually dont do it anymore.. i think i did it for a year. my bf found out one day from the marks. when my bf and i were dating my family was all shoken up. my dad wanted to leave my mom, my dad had gone to mexico cause his father was dying and he totally screwed up our applications, we were petitioning under his name and something happend on how he filled somehting out or how he didnt, he knew he couldnt leave, he knew he was jeopardizing all the time we've waited, but he didnt care. i mean i dont know if i could blame him bcuz his dad was dying but he pretty much screwed my brother, mom and me over. we had to start all of our filing up again. i dont think i forgave my dad until now. i saw how much it affected my brother, since he didnt get a license til he was in college! i felt so bad for him . now my brother is married and him and his wife are madly in love and he is working on his citizenship you know. woah., i am way off topic, it feel good to just open up u know?? and we are adusting our resident status (my mother and i)

anyways...

my bf made me feel so warm inside you know. ilike i belonged like he loved meee.. ..he kept asking me why i didnt have a job, and why i didnt have my license. i actually broke down to him one time. i couldnt take the pressure. i did feel liek i was lying to him. like i wasnt being truthful to him. at that time i just graduated from high school. i never wanted anyone to know. who wants to feel less of a human right? when i told him while i cried..he was like why are u crying? and then i just stopped and i couldnt understand why i was crying. i mean seriously WHY was i??? i felt stupid. and anyways he was a great bf but like i said earlier he was really abusive, he made me feel stupid , like everything was my fault, he actually hit me acouple times, i was becoming stupid by allowing it.. the last straw pretty much was when he slapped me infront of my parents... yea... but i dont wanna get into it..anyways we broke up and he begged me back,my parents made me get a restraining order cause he threatned to kill himself if i didnt get back with him. u know outside the courtroom he just smirked at me. he had the audacity to ask me if i was staying with him for so long so i could trick him into marrying me!! could u believe that? he was the first person i have ever told and he threw it back. im not trying to discourage you from telling your bf, cause it sounds like your boyfriend truly loves you, mine didnt and thats why he was a jerk about it , but you know look at it this way...

you can tell your boyfreind or not, you have nothing to lose besides the stress of lying to him all the time. he might be a litte more understanding of why you cant work and why u cant get a license. he'll understand why u were scared to tell him but he wont fully comprehend why u took so long to tell him. i mean put urself in his place, and if he was to tell you that he wasnt a citizen, you wudnt dump him over that right? i dont know... im sure thats not ur biggest thing now. but if you do i think the best way to bring it up to him is tell him how your so stressed now. that youve never been so stressed or infact so upset. its the best way bcuz he'll see it as in you didnt tell him before since it wasnt such a big issue. apologize for not telling him but make him understand that its not so easy to come out and say bcuz u dont want him to stop loving you. he cant say or think anything bad about you after that you know!!!!

you parents only want the best for you. that is why ur dad is paying for you to go to college. he could pretty much just say screw you and leave you to figure it out on your own you know?

hey i was going to suggest babysitting. it helps you network with adults and shows ur responsibility and its also off the book!!! i dont like going to church cause i dont beliebe in a lot it says but the church is a great place to find parents who are looking for babysitters.. or volunteer at a local elementrary school and your sure to find soem cliental there! its not much but its something right? especially if you find the right family where all u have to do is watch the kid watch tv and then tell them to go to bed. ahaha.

and now i have written a whole novel!!!

the best lesson i have learned is that you have to love yourself first before thinking or loving someone else. i didnt love myself and thats why i stayed with that jerk for 4 years. isnt that horrible? im not saying you dont love yourself but what i am saying is we alllllll can benefit from some "me" time. :)

The more certain you are of WHO YOU ARE and what you can accomplish the more you will accomplish.trust me...

brenda04
12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I agree with all that you are saying and I’m going to take your advice and tell my boyfriend. I don’t know when yet ,but I'll try telling him your way. You’re right I don’t think he'll dumb me because I’m illegal, I was also a little scared that when he finds out he'll tell his family and they'll think the same thing your boyfriend thought. That I’m just with him to marry him so that he can make me a citizen. Let’s see how everything goes. Oh and about the cutting, I also haven’t done it anymore. When my boyfriend saw my new cuts for the first time he cried. He even made me promise not to do it anymore. He said if I did he was going to break up with me. Well you know that never cutting is easier said than done, so one day I did it again and he found out. He didn’t break up with me, he just said that to scare me into not doing it. But I have been going to therapy for a while now and I think I’m over that. My sister is 14 and all she cares about is her looks too. She has a babysitting job and all her money is spent on clothes, shoes, and jewelry. She has no hobbies or interest at school. I tell her she has no personality or goals and she tells me her look is everything to her. I guess it is so I just let her be. Oh and I know my parents love me in their own way because they do take care of me but I just wish they weren't so ignorant. They judge everybody and always think they are doing their best for me by keeping me in the house, but its ruining my life. The worst thing is that normal people get to move out of their house when they don’t like their home ,but I cant even do that. I cant baby sit because most people need babysitters in the day and I’m at school during the day. I’m trying really hard to get a job and I think I'll have one soon. I am really grateful that my parents do take care of me financially when they don’t have to anymore because I’m 18.I just wish they were nicer, show me more love, and accept who I am and what I choose. Your ex was such a jerk I cant believe he hit you in front of your parents. You’re better off without him, but I know it’s hard to let go of someone who you really liked even if they were an asshole. I have a friend that has an asshole for a boyfriend and it hurts to see her in a relationship like that. I give her advise all the time, but I know that she has to want the change before she can take any action. I wish she had your strength .

anothercollegekid
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
I agree with all that you are saying and I’m going to take your advice and tell my boyfriend. I don’t know when yet ,but I'll try telling him your way. You’re right I don’t think he'll dumb me because I’m illegal, I was also a little scared that when he finds out he'll tell his family and they'll think the same thing your boyfriend thought. That I’m just with him to marry him so that he can make me a citizen. Let’s see how everything goes. Oh and about the cutting, I also haven’t done it anymore. When my boyfriend saw my new cuts for the first time he cried. He even made me promise not to do it anymore. He said if I did he was going to break up with me. Well you know that never cutting is easier said than done, so one day I did it again and he found out. He didn’t break up with me, he just said that to scare me into not doing it. But I have been going to therapy for a while now and I think I’m over that. My sister is 14 and all she cares about is her looks too. She has a babysitting job and all her money is spent on clothes, shoes, and jewelry. She has no hobbies or interest at school. I tell her she has no personality or goals and she tells me her look is everything to her. I guess it is so I just let her be. Oh and I know my parents love me in their own way because they do take care of me but I just wish they weren't so ignorant. They judge everybody and always think they are doing their best for me by keeping me in the house, but its ruining my life. The worst thing is that normal people get to move out of their house when they don’t like their home ,but I cant even do that. I cant baby sit because most people need babysitters in the day and I’m at school during the day. I’m trying really hard to get a job and I think I'll have one soon. I am really grateful that my parents do take care of me financially when they don’t have to anymore because I’m 18.I just wish they were nicer, show me more love, and accept who I am and what I choose. Your ex was such a jerk I cant believe he hit you in front of your parents. You’re better off without him, but I know it’s hard to let go of someone who you really liked even if they were an asshole. I have a friend that has an asshole for a boyfriend and it hurts to see her in a relationship like that. I give her advise all the time, but I know that she has to want the change before she can take any action. I wish she had your strength .

my strength wasted many trees from all lthe tissues i wasted..lol..yeaa that thing with advice is that no matter what u say to soemone they will do whatever they want in the end until its either to late or something bad happens that makes them see it...

our stories are so similar...

peija
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, well I'm not much of a writer like everyone else in this site seems to be, but I will try to put a SHORT story down. I came to the U.S. when I was more like 5 I believe, because I attended kindergarden at the ranch I lived in Mexico for about 2 months (I learned to read and write in those 2 months :D ). Well my dad had a workers permit but he lost it about 4 or 5 years ago because his dad was dying in Mexico and he went to go visit him, then he ended up being a few hours short or something. Well he took it to court like 3 or so years ago and off course he lost, they told him that he had family in Mexico that would help take care of him, lol, how ridiculous is that? My dad is the one who sends money to them, becuase the are the ones who need help, because they are in Mexico. Well anyways, my mom has been in the process for about 5 or 6 years, I guess she still has like 4 or so to go, because it takes 10 years I hear to get your papers from a sister.... And as for me, I'm currently attending community college and taking courses in hope of becoming an electrical engineer. The hardest part about the whole ordeal is not that I'm not smart enough, but because I simply can't afford it, I very glad that 4 of my brothers and sisters will have the opportunity to attend college and get financial aid, maybe even full ride. I have actually kinda become a role model to them, at least school wise, they get good grades basically because I recieved good grades, and they are joining tennis, because I was really good at it :) . Well as far as the Electrical Engineering dream, I will need to go to an University, probably Washington State, next fall. I'm currently in contact with a few people there, they are hoping to be able to help me somehow, but yet, my future seems so uncertain to me.

Ohh and anothercollegekid and brenda04, I also have quite a few of the same situations that you both have gone through, as far as the BF of GF thing, yah I have a girlfriend, and she does not know my situation, I do have my drivers licence luckily because I live in Washington state, but as far as working, I work in the summer doing orchard work and field work, luckily someone in the family owns a business, so i work there on the weekends during summer, and another family relative is opening up a restaurant, so I will work there when it opens, but my girlfriend works all the time, it kinda makes me fell like she thinks im lazy for not having a job while I go to school, especially now that its winter break, and I believe she thinks that I'm also not dedicated because of the work issue, and that I'm not trying my hardest in school (well sometimes thats true, but only sometimes), and ultimately it will affect both of us, she comes from a pretty nice family, I sorta worked for her family in the summer...heh and she is actually kinda of gun ho or whatever about marriage, she seriously thinks she can't simply wait for me to graduate from college in another 3 years like I plan too, and my friends and family all make fun of me because they tell me I'm in it to get the ranch, or to get my papers, it doesn't bother me to much, because I know myself neither of those is true, but it still doesn't feel great hearing those comments. Ohh, and her family being super christian is another issue we have (i say that because they pray before every meal, and have devotions together everynight...) and me being a kind of non-practicing catholic (its starting to change...u can guess why), well I'm now going to church more (both christian and catholic) now, mostly because I love her, and I know its important for her, and I don't care if the rest of the world hears me saying that....

Well I hope that this site can answer some of my questions in the near future, I'm really glad I found it today. I was actually searching for DREAM ACT info, and I stumbled upon it. Is there any hope for me? At least status wise? Anything would help, thank you very much., ohh and I just saw that I wrote this as a reply, and that I should have started a new post, ooops.

Nick
12-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome to DAP peija.

We are all in the same boat; hoping that things will change in the coming year. Whatever happens we should get some solid answers.

brenda04
12-30-2006, 04:09 AM
peija I know how you feel about keeping your little secret from your girlfriend.Since im on winter break from college my bf has been bugging me to open a savings account and finally get my state ID.I cant do those things because Im illegal.Im planning on telling him but I never find the right time if their is such a thing.Now I think he's statring to think im lazy because he's also been bugging me to get a job.He justs wants the best for me.He wants me to start to get my life together and become more independent.right now i think he thinks im just a daddy's girl because i depend so much on my dad.I want to do all of the above but i simply cant right now.sometimes i wonder if im better off just going back to the dominican republic where im wanted. :cry: at least there i will have a better life because i have an american education and english has basically become my first language.I'll qualify for so many good jobs there.But my life is here.

peija
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, I'm kinda of lucky, because I will start working in about a month or so at my cousins new restaurant.... so that will help me pay for tuition and a few other things, but for now I feel the same way...