PDA

View Full Version : not enough votes to block CIR

hayire
01-02-2007, 12:40 PM
according to one political pundit, restrictionists don't have enough votes to block (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?122406/122406_bb_hotstory&Beltway_Boys&Way%20Forward&acc&Politics&-1&News&505&&&new) CIR.

Third area is immigration reform. Now this is the area where there — the deal ought to be really possible. The Democrats and President Bush agree on comprehensive reform, and it ought to be possible to pass it. The — the — the president's job here is to get the — the right wing nationalists in the Republican Party under control.

BARNES: Well, I think they're going to — they're going to be under control for the simple reason that restrictionists on immigration lost big time in the election on November 7. So I — I don't they can muster enough votes to block comprehensive immigration reform. We're going to see it.

Nick
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
With the Democrats controling both chambers, I cant see how they'll manage to block it this time. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out... again.

VJB2
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I remember last year, before any of the immigration talk started, or right when it was starting, people were saying that politics experts did not see immigration reform in 2006, but until 2007. I guess they were right about it not happening in 2006, so we'll see if they're right now that we're in 2007.

Ianus
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
With the Democrats controlling both chambers, I cant see how they'll manage to block it this time. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out... again.It is known that the Republicans cannot block any immigration legislation since the Democrats took over but the real question seems to be will there be enough bi-partisan support for a re-written McCain/Kennedy bill with the President's support,all articles seem to point to yes.

On the subject of what we truly want,Dream act,that looks to be the most prominent immigration legislation to come out of this Congress at this time.I'm not sure if anyone has been watching the news closely concerning the Military looking at immigration related proposals to fill their ranks.It seems Dream act is the only such proposal that I know of.If the Department of Defense is actually willing to publicly support it,Dream would not only pass overwhelmingly,but it would also pass at an earlier timeline in this upcoming immigration debate.

For the time being,I'd advise everyone to keep a close eye on Sen. Kennedy since he seems to be the point man for when this debate begins.A great starting point would be either on MSNBC or NBC (http://www.dailyindia.com/show/99229.php/MSNBC-to-cover-entire-Democratic-shift) news.
SYRACUSE, N.J., Jan. 2 (UPI) -- MSNBC is offering continual live coverage this week as the U.S. Democrats step in to take control of the House and the Senate.

MSNBC, along with NBC News, will follow this historic event all day Thursday, reporting live from Capitol Hill. The network also plans to introduce the audience to the new congressional leaders who will be influencing issues such as the war in Iraq, immigration and Social Security.

In addition, MSNBC will offer expert analysis from insiders including journalists, strategists and lobbyists, the network said.

dlrnjs2
02-08-2007, 04:19 AM
I am one of the first person who will be mostly glad by any bills.

However, high expectations often result in bitter dissapoinment.

Especially when hopes are only factors we can rely on.

I will be objective.

There are a lot of people who can't stand Illegals.

I think they are 20% ~ 40% of American polulation.

They don't want CIR. Representatives won't do what voters don't want them to do.

You guys really believe that it will pass HOUSE?

House is different from Senate I found.

Recently, Senates are friendly to illegal immigration issues.

However, I find that majorities of representatives in the House

are against illegal immigration.

Even democrat representatives in the House do not want

bills like CIR.

So, my prediction is this:

CIR will have Senate's fullest backup, However,

due to strong opponents to CIR in the House,

a solution will not be found this year.

House will be talking and playing political games

until the end of 2008.

So, Kids! get prepared. Don't take out your coats

already. Winter is about to come until 2008.

You might be deported, but if you survive,

I think we will have 40 to 60% of chance next year.

Because I think slightly more population of Americans

are for illegals to become citizens.

However, this House is not in good shape.

We will see.