PDA

View Full Version : For those in school, who do you trust?

sibby
01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
So I had a confidential talk about my nondocumented status with a dean of my school who is a part of what is called "student Affairs". They advise/administrate a bunch of non-academic stuff at school including the international center who deals with everything pertaining to international students and studying aboard.

She seemed like a nice person and seemed willing to help out, but there's only so much she can do. I guess my question is has anyone else who's in college or university talked to upper level school officials and what happened? Do you trust them to not get you deported?

Abaddon
01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I have told mainly professors I know well. If you get to know them and you feel you can trust them, they won't deport ya hehe.

thedream
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
don't go to the international center....i believe they work with ins meaning that they'd tell on you if they find out... unless they get nice
but don't worry cause they'd prolly tell you if they intended on deporting you

Elmexicano
01-17-2007, 04:38 PM
In high school every teacher knows if your ilegal or not

Abaddon
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Umm.... I believe the administration knows but not the teachers!

Nick
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
What are you talking about, they have no idea in HS. They dont have a way of knowing. In college they could make asumptions based on what personal data they have on file for you (SS, financial aid, etc). In HS, they dont really have anythign, your name and your address? Thats it.

skysla
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
In high school every teacher knows if your ilegal or not

That is not true, Elmexicano.

They can't know whether you or any other high school student is an illegal alien or not because it is illegal to do so.

I mean the federal law forbids teachers or any other school officers to reveal your status to any other people. Even if you are an illegal alien, they have no right to do so. Of course, they have no way to know whether you are an illegal alien unless they ask you straight out or unless they ask you legal documentaries to prove that you are staying in the United States legally. But, even if they know, they can't tell any one.

So, that is why so many illegal aliens have no problem to go to elementary, middle, and/or high schools.

naeli
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
In High School, I think not even classmates know. At least in my experience nobody knew, except for some really close friends. And in college, the only administrative/faculty person that knew was the one who helped me enrolled.

Elmexicano
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
they know my teacher told me every year theirs at least one illegal alien in her class...When you receive your transcripts on the top left corner theirs your SS# for me it was blank because im illegal of course i don't know maybe is only in my school district

skysla
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Really?

transcripts? I need to check.. ;(

Does anybody feel very uncomfortable when you have to fill "SS#" sections from any kind of form? like SAT... or something like that?

I always do... So, I try to avoid filling any kind of form on which I have to write SS#, which most of us do not have.

I'm always afraid that somebody looks at my paper and realizes that I'm an illegal alien

Nick
01-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Supplying a social on the SAT was always optional, and many people do not supply one. Also, there is no reason for your HS to have your SS#, so that doesnt mean anything. If your teacher wants to asume that someone is illegal just because they dont have a social on file, thats her/his right, but it still means squat.

GrumpyDreamer
01-18-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm part of a group of undocumented students in my school. We tell a bunch of people. I told my counselor and several other administrative people. We also have a law clinic (it's a big school) so I tell them too. We are in california too so I guess people are more open to it? I dunno...my one friend gave a presentation about illegal immigrant students to an open invite event and she invited her friends and told them that she was without status.

sigh

brenda04
01-18-2007, 11:29 PM
yeah i know how it feels to leave a blank space on a form were your ssn is suppose to be.It feels really bad.When it's optional I would just say I forgot mines if my friend asks why I left it blank.My college gives us ID#S that look just like ssn.I feel good when I get to fill that number in.

dlrnjs2
02-08-2007, 04:40 AM
In college, Try to Avoid chance of telling other about your situation.

It won't help either of you.

If you have to, make a selection.

Don't talk to a white southern English I teacher who is mormon

about your future because you are a illegal.

Because he knows it already. You are going back to other country

by police that he called in the future.

You see what I am saying? You have to be kinda careful when it

comes to it. It's like having a AIDS to somebody. Nobody wants to know.

So.. Keep it secret for your entire school year unless you have to tell.

In case of emergency, tell them you are an international student with F-1 Visa.

Who cares?

tays123
02-09-2007, 01:10 AM

Who cares?

Dude what are u talking about? Make some sense!

rock steady
02-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Inquisitor, is that you?

juang
02-09-2007, 03:07 AM

Who cares?

Please correct your grammar. The rules of this forum are very specific when it comes to making sence. If you keep posting nonsence we will be forced to kick you out.