PDA

View Full Version : West Coast MOD

sidynasty
02-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Hello. Just bringing your attention to a thread where a lot of DAP users thought it would be a good idea to have a MOD that operates on PST. There have been late nights for us West Coasters where it get's pretty out of hand on here. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=38516

Swim19
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Nick, the other mods, and I are mulling around the idea of more mods. Once we decide how to go about nominating the new mods we will let everyone know.

Pianoswithoutfaith
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I volunteer to be that mod

MIdreamer
02-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I volunteer to be that mod

I have nothing against you, but I don't think it is a good idea to have someone who joined this forum on Nov 2012 to be our new mod.

Pianoswithoutfaith
02-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Haters going to hate

immigration truth
02-10-2013, 03:36 AM
I have nothing against you, but I don't think it is a good idea to have someone who joined this forum on Nov 2012 to be our new mod.

I pretty much agree with you, it should go to a long established member of the community.

Pianoswithoutfaith
02-10-2013, 04:11 AM
I am like the most established member here dude I get like 49 fan pm every day

mayito
02-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Allright lets have a poll(thread) of the nominees in a week.... So far we got Ianus, Pianoswithoutfaith, Mr_Dick, MIdreamer ..... who else would like to run for DAP mod.?

Swim19
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
An official nomination thread will be made when we are ready.

SK18
02-10-2013, 07:50 PM
An official nomination thread will be made when we are ready.

I only suggest doing that if you don't have ANYONE in mind. Granted, we were throwing out names in our thread, but if you make a nominations poll thread, it will become a popularity contest. People will obviously vote for their friends to get in some of the benefits of being a mod (deleting posts/locking threads/posters they don't like).

You should only do that in the 'moderator only' forum which other people can't see if you want a nomination thread.

Pianoswithoutfaith
02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
WANTS TO BE PART OF A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY

WON'T HAVE A DEMOCRATIC MOD ELECTION

Vote Piano's "Hymn's of Faith and Progress"

Swim19
02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I only suggest doing that if you don't have ANYONE in mind. Granted, we were throwing out names in our thread, but if you make a nominations poll thread, it will become a popularity contest. People will obviously vote for their friends to get in some of the benefits of being a mod (deleting posts/locking threads/posters they don't like).

You should only do that in the 'moderator only' forum which other people can't see if you want a nomination thread.

This is the way we did it last time and it worked well. It would just be for nominations. So just because someone gets a lot of votes does not mean they will become a mod or even be seriously considered.

SK18
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I see, I've never seen that done in other forums. But if it has worked well here at dap after the approval process, I stand corrected.

Nick
02-10-2013, 08:55 PM
What Swim said is exactly right. We will use the nominations as a starting point in our search. This worked best for us in the past. This way both the community and the existing moderators get a word in the process. We have very specific requirements for who makes a good mod.

Expect a post soon, we're working out a few last details.

Pianoswithoutfaith
02-10-2013, 09:00 PM
This is will intense

FlyinAgainstTheWind
04-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I posted this in the moderator thread but wanted to repeat it here. I know this is mid way through the process but I would like to make a suggestion. How about temporary moderators. The forum is a little dead right now. I'm sure it will heat up once CIR bills are introduced and the heavy talk starts. Why not have a list of people that can go through whatever process you put people through and have them be temporary moderators. You keep your basic people but when the need is there you activate a couple of more. Including people from both coasts. I think is a more flexible system and adapts to the nature of the forum.

butterflynans
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I posted this in the moderator thread but wanted to repeat it here. I know this is mid way through the process but I would like to make a suggestion. How about temporary moderators. The forum is a little dead right now. I'm sure it will heat up once CIR bills are introduced and the heavy talk starts. Why not have a list of people that can go through whatever process you put people through and have them be temporary moderators. You keep your basic people but when the need is there you activate a couple of more. Including people from both coasts. I think is a more flexible system and adapts to the nature of the forum.

Well they already give you that ability with that little flag down there...
At least thats what i do: flag flag flag

FlyinAgainstTheWind
04-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Yes, but we can't close threads or edit post. We can click on stuff, but on busy nights threads that shouldn't be open can go on forever. That is why I'm suggesting this system because once CIR heats up we are going to get more trolls.

spartanwarrior
06-04-2013, 08:25 PM
what about DAP user?