PDA

View Full Version : New member

califoniadreamin'
07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone,
I just recently found this site and I felt a sense of relief/sadness to know that so many other people are in the same situation.
I was born in Mexico and brought to the good ole' U. S. of A when I was 5 years old. I have lived in Southern California ever since then. I obtained my B.S in molecular and cellular biology last year and just finished my first year as a graduate student in biology. Like all of you here, I live in fear everyday, all day. I'm sick and tired of my situation. I can't work, can't drive, can't live a normal life. At times I even think of going back to Mexico, emigrating to Canada, anything that will let be live a normal life. Like I said, I'm sick and tired of this BS, and I am willing and able to do whatever it is to try to remedy our situation. I also have a question, I have been in a relationship and have been living with a U.S citizen for the past 4 years. We are considering marriage, because we love and care for each other. My question is, would I still be eligible for for conditional status if the DREAM ACT were to pass as a married individual. Thanks in advance.

lilbawler2001
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
since u wont be illegal when it passes i doubt it.

califoniadreamin'
07-01-2007, 06:33 PM
but in order for me to become legal i would have to leave the country and go back to mexico and face the 10 year ban

juang
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
If you get married and then apply for status under your marriage, then you won't qualify under DREAM, since I understand that DREAM only applies to those that are in our situation, but are not "fixing" their status under something else.

I read all that in an older version of DREAM either 2001 or 2003, but I don't know if it is the same in this new DREAM

about the ban, thats the same reason why I didn't get married and apply for a green card back in 2003

califoniadreamin'
07-01-2007, 08:20 PM
So, what if I get married and not apply for a green card. Would i be eligible for dream even though i am married?

juang
07-01-2007, 09:09 PM
As I said, that was something in the passed DREAM Acts, and I dont know if it is in the current one. I say that you get married if that's what you really want, but I wouldn't apply for a green card because of the 10 year ban