PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

OptimistinDenial
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
My name is Alejandra Garcia. I enter this wonderful country in 1994. My brother Alfredo was 9 and I was 13 years old. My dad send money to my mother, so that we all could reunited in the States with him. We are all undocumented, but Sarah who was born here. No one in school knows about our situation. My brother goes to a community college and plans to be a journalist. I am only three units away from completing my second mayor. My dream is to become a filmmker and everyday a little piece of my soul dies when reality punches me in the face. A little voice inseide me tells me "You are never going to make a film in your life. You're meant to be a little mexican house wife." That is when the rest of my body rebels and asserts "I am a lousy house keeper. The only place were I don't fail is making movies and I will make a movie if it is the last thing I do on this planet." I never look for anyone like me because deep inside I felt that I had no rights, even the right to love the land were grew up and my principles were shaped. My father worked many years for a man he trusted. Most of his wages were diverted to a house that his boss put on his name because my dad was an "illegal" I kept telling my dad that it was a mistake and forcing him to go and ask to put the house at least under my sister's name. It was not until the man treated my father like a filthy dog and stole our house that my dad wake up. Even after all the pain, my dad did not wanted to hurt his man. It was not until we good a really good lawyer that my dad realized how evil his ex-boss was. The ex-boss is stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars in social security, IRA and overtime wages. He also forces employees to buy cars and machinery for work purposes and deducts it from their checks, sometimes more than 50% of the paycheck. It really hurst to pass our home without thinking that even the worst criminal does not deserve this. Still, even after all, We do what we always do, pick whatever was left from the destruction and start all over again...with a smile! :lol:

HOPEFULDREAMER
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow, what a story!

Thanks for sharing OptimistinDenial! We look forward to seeing you around the forum! Welcome :D

Sayuri Jane
08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
you have a way with words and i have no questions that you will live to make your movie :). like your brother, my dream is to be a journalist and like you i am thinking that i might never make it there. but i guess we can't give up hope. i am so sorry for your father. my husband worked for a man who for two years took money from him and most of the people who worked for him because he knew that they were illegals. he is a millionaire and lives in a nice house while he had to ride a bicycle to work under the snow. i don't know why God is putting us through this but i guess it's because He knows that we can handle it.
welcome to the forum and stay strong.

OptimistinDenial
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
It means a lot to get some love back now and then. Africana thank you for your concern. We have a lwyer and he said that this is the weirdest case ever. He can prove about $20,000 in overtime and unlawful deductions for sure. He cannot prove about $80,000 in bonuses which is not waht my dad is owed but how the most he can recover. No one believed my dad when he scream to many lawyers "this guy stole hundreds of thousands from me!" it was not until our lawyer saw an overview of the company that he realized he had a hard but feasible case. Still, we are afraid that either if we win or lose our case, this man is capable of sending immigration to our front door. We are planning to move away as soon as the case is over.

ucgirl
08-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi I just want to say that I know exactly how you feel. When I read your story it made me incredibly sad when you said that haven't tried to find anyone like you and that sometimes you feel like you don't have any right to anything. I feel like that every once in a while too. I feel so guilty. However I am proud of what I have done with what limited chances and opportunities this world has given me. I am stronger and more driven than most people my age because of what I have to go through everyday. So be proud of who you are and reach out to people who are just like you. They are the only ones you don't have to lie to.