PDA

View Full Version : Hi Evryone I'm new and i want to share my history as well!!

The Voice heard
08-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi I'm 18 years old and I came here to the U.S. with my Family when I was only 10 years old I've been living in this country for 7 years now The reason why we came was because my dad passed away when I was only 9 and we lived in a poor country I remember eating from other neighbors houses as well from the trash I was a mess back then I worked in farms when i was 9 years old,But when I came here I graduated From high school and I'm hoping to go to college soon But it's hard to go through college when you are not wanted here,and when you have to go through hard jobs to pay, Every day I bust my back working in though jobs to help out my family and to try to save to pay for my future college, Every night and Day I pray to god to help us, to help us innocent immigrant students who just want to contribute to this country though it seems in vain because we get put down and stomped everyday by society and by congress, Me Myself I feel like a criminal I never knew that being here without papers was a crime! I just recently found out by my mom that we overstayed our visa and that we are illegal immigrants, when she told me that I felt so low, after that I got depressed by the fact that every day in the news, in other forums in the internet they call immigrants "criminals" I get depressed and i just feel like crying, now every time I walk anywhere or do something I feel bad about myself I feel like a criminal who hasn't done anything wrong to deserve the title of "criminal" since I didn't make the choice of coming here my mom did, BUT i still manage to keep some faith in myself I still keep on hoping and praying that the congress be more opened minded and pass the Dream Act soon, That's my only hope and I'm sure that for many of you as well, " If helping out your family by working, and making the country better it's a crime than i guess that makes me a criminal"

Sincerely: A Voice heard

P.S. I Wish you all the best of Luck,And I HOPE AND HOPE That they will pass this act soon!!! We are the future but they just don't see it, We are hope made in flesh when they recent to see that, But we have to defend ourselves, the only way it's to fire back, Our greatest weapons are EDUCATION... It's our only defense and we must not loose that! We came this far and once a soldier it's in war he's not going down without a fight!!!

I'm so relieved and Glad that I'm not the only one with this problem i have been deeply depressed lately! I wish God it's on our side and hear out our cries for a better life!

HOPEFULDREAMER
08-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome and thank you for sharing your story! We are fighting more than ever to make DREAM a reality! The Taking Action section has tons of posts and threads on how to make calls to senators and representatives to seek their support for DREAM. If you could make some calls for DREAM, it would be a gigantic help! :D

Mecuador
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi "The Voice Heard"
Thank you for sharing your story. I too have been very sad lately because of the so many things that people call us, I too cant believe how people think that we should be called criminals! I dont know why they have so much hate inside of them and want to cause us so much pain. I just hope that the futur brings something better for us and america is able to understand our pain.