PDA

View Full Version : A few months ago, I thought I was the only one... =D

Jourbalist
08-09-2007, 03:49 AM
I'm from California.. And I would love to be a part of any events in regards to this. I'm just another kid like yourselves who are following up on the Dream Act very closely... The AB 540 went through recently, so I am thankful that God has provided a way for me to attend college. I didn't even know I was illegal until I applied for college last fall! I'm so glad that there are other kids like me going through the same thing... I'm attending college this fall, and I can't even work for my tuition. But no worries, God has supplied me with the money, so the only thing I'm paying attention to is the upcoming legislation.

The weird thing about me is that I go to a church where most members vote Republican. They despise Democrats due to their positions on social issues. When I told them I was an illegal immigrant, all of them were surprised.

It's too bad Americans have negative notions about illegal immigrants. If you take a look at American history, the pilgrims and colonists were illegals at that time too. I wonder why some Republicans are so anti-illegal immigrants. They are descendants of immigrants.

virginia_noe
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
WELCOME!!!!
I;m new 2.
yea suxs dat republicans dont like illegal immigrants..
for realz i think dat people who dont like us.well 2 bad.they're so stupid. they should study more. and think dat everyone is someway they were immigrants. but oh well. one day we will prove them dat we can do alot for this country.
welcome..
so wat church?
im from California 2.

The Voice heard
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome I'm new as well, I love this site it has given me hope! Hope I never knew I had in me I know this will pass just keep on a positive attitude and take action as many of us are doing! Check out the taking Action section to know what you can do to help this Act!

Jourbalist
08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
i go to a church called hamilton square baptist church in sf

ucgirl
08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
You are from CA......me too. Don't think you are alone at all. I just found out that there are somewhere around 6,000 students like us in the UC system. Welcome!

smarr88
08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome, im new too, and just like you, i didnt know that i was illegal in this country, until a few days ago, when i tried to apply to UC Merced. after i learned that i was illegal, i tried to do so many thing in order to get the money, i applied for scholarships (although i got some schlrshps it was not enough) so i applied for a private loan which was approved to me, and they were about to send me the check when they noticed that i was undocumented, so they apologized and told me couldnt give me the money. UC girl (hi) you said that there are many students in the same situation than us in the UC system, do you know what they did in order to go to a uc?