PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!!

Hopeful
08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi,

My name is Carmina and I live in Texas. I came to the US when I was eight years old. When I was in high school I did very well and was involved in extracurricular activities. I was a member of the National Honor Society and I graduated as an honor student. However right after I graduated I didn't know what to do. Everyone would always ask me if I was going to go to college and I would say yes although I thought I couldn't because I was here illegally. To make the story short I finally decided to get informed and finally found a way to enroll in college. I must say it has not been easy because I have had to work at the same time to be able to pay my tuition, but the whole experience has given me a sense of accomplishment. There have been several times when I have felt like giving up but I still push myself harder because I believe that no matter what my immigration status is that I have the right to be educated and gain more knowledge. As of right now I half way through my junior year and with God's help I believe that I will graduate with a bachelors in bilingual education. I even plan to go further and pursue my maters degree. Besides as the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

:D

The Voice heard
08-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey Welcome to the many people here have the same things in common as you, Me myself I'm in the same page as you, But don't be shy and try to help us out by calling senators people here are working hard to make the Dream Act come true! So please we only ask for a favor help us out here by calling and signing the petition if you haven't it's on the taking action section!

Welcome again and we would appreciate your support! :)

"There's got to be more to life if god exists"

mgonza02
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome, fellow teacher. I recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education.

AnDy
08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
welcome....Don't give up, I admire your persistence and determination. Our biggest and most powerfull weapon is education, by bieng educated academically and socially we will be able to lead and help those who are not.

Tasksgirl
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Welcome!
Please PM me if you would like to help us and I'll help you how to CALL senators :D