PDA

View Full Version : Picture, media forum

lilbawler2001
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I was wondering if only members with 30+ posts should be able to view it??? Since they went on that trip to d.c and put pics up we don't want anybody just coming in to view them. Just my two cents. By the way i don't think it hurts anyone if you make it 30+ post required.

J6
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
^It would be discrimination against those of us who are poor and can't afford better postcounts.

A.Spero
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree, lately there's been a more liberal and safer feeling to DAP, but I think we should still excercise some caution to such an open forum. If we had limitations to seeing media/picture by making it like the sponsorship division forum, open only to trusted members, it'd lighten up the atmosphere and strengthen the bond within DAP.

lilbawler2001
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I agree, lately there's been a more liberal and safer feeling to DAP, but I think we should still excercise some caution to such an open forum. If we had limitations to seeing media/picture by making it like the sponsorship division forum, open only to trusted members, it'd lighten up the atmosphere and strengthen the bond within DAP.

Exactly

J6
09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
But think of the CHILDREN! 8)

lilbawler2001
09-07-2007, 11:06 PM

what??? i mean if you really cared about this site and had good intentions 30 posts is nothing.

J6
09-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Hehe, I'm kidding. I just like playing Devil's Advocate.

I'm absolutely for the idea. I think we should have a whole forum sub section like that, but I've said that many times before.

HOPEFULDREAMER
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM

Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!!!

LMAO

Nick
09-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Eh, am I the only one who thinks exactly the opposite?

The point of posting those pictures is not to make them available for our private viewing. Their purpose is to put a face (better yet, a thousand) on the DREAM Act.

Those who are posting their pictures accept the "dangers" of doing so. After all, these are just pictures, no names, no addresses.

In fact, I've been working on the new version of the site and a (public) gallery of such pictures is one of the must have features that I want to build in. More so, these pictures will be displayed randomly on the front page.

...Thoughts?

hooper
09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
yes I agree with you Nick, you should fix the chat.

Nick
09-08-2007, 06:25 PM
yes I agree with you Nick, you should fix the chat.

Ah right, the chat. The chat is now going to be hosted off-site, so it wont be a problem for the server. =)
People will still have to register at the forum to use the chat and their account will be linked to the chat account.

califoniadreamin'
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Eh, am I the only one who thinks exactly the opposite?

The point of posting those pictures is not to make them available for our private viewing. Their purpose is to put a face (better yet, a thousand) on the DREAM Act.

Those who are posting their pictures accept the "dangers" of doing so. After all, these are just pictures, no names, no addresses.

In fact, I've been working on the new version of the site and a (public) gallery of such pictures is one of the must have features that I want to build in. More so, these pictures will be displayed randomly on the front page.

...Thoughts?

I like your idea :D