PDA

View Full Version : Hey Im new, here is my story warning!!! it might be long

dream warrior
10-02-2007, 02:18 PM
My father left for the US as soon as he married my mother and he would go back and forth (back when it was easier and cheaper to cross the border). When I was six my father decided to bring all of us to the US, when i say all of us i mean all seven of us. My mother, my younger brother and i would come first becauses he couldnt afford to bring all of us at once. We took a bus from Nayarit, Mex. to Tijuana and stayed at a hotel. My father said a man was going to come and meet us there. I still remember the name of the Hotel: Hotel Rosas.

A man finally came and showed my brother and i an ID and asked us if it looked like my mother, and she did. For us we would use someone elses birth certificate. On our way to the border we stopped at a stroe to get us some "Gringo" clothes and a bakery to get a cake. The cake was because our story was that we were going over for a birthday party (it has been the longest party of my life). We picked up three other ladies and we had no problems crossing. The man dorpped us off at a Mc Donalds and we had our first burger n fries.

After a while two youg guys picked us up. Everyone would get picked up by separate people becasue everyone was going to different places inteh US. As we were getting in the car my mother remebers that she forgot to say good bye to the ladies we crossed with and she goes back. Needless to say that the guys got pissed off and said "Apurese vieja cabrona" my mom didn't heat it but i did and i told her some yares after (we laughed).

We were taken to an apartment, im not sure where but i think it was somewhere in the san diego area. It was the hottest night ever it was in the middle of july. Inthe apartmetn lived a lady with her children and we played with them all night. The next morning another person picked us up and drove us to LA where we finally met my father. After that we drove to my uncle's house in the bay area. We soon enrolled in school and there are some funny stories i will ommit for length purposes.

Some months after my father still had't managed to save enough money to bring my two brothers and two sisters that we left behind and naturally my mother grew inpatient. My mothere decided that after six moths she had had enough and we were going back. We had already packed our stuff when my father tells my mom that he managed to get enouh money to bring the rest of the family and we have been here together ever since. My father did get deported once back in 2000, which was very hard for everyone.

I have never been back to Mexico since my motehr and sisters have. I think that all of hte hardships i have gone through you all have to and i believe that those harships are what unite us behind a comon cause.

To metion one struggle: On saturday night after i went to a Mana concer (which by the way it rocked) i got pulled over by the police. I had just dropped off my friend at her house it was like 1am and i was driveing past a construction site where i swurved over to the other lane so as to not hit the cones ont he side of the rode. Naturally the cop pulled me pver because he thought i was drunk, which to much of his surprise i wasn't.

I was driving my brother's car and it got impounded for a month and it will cost at least $1,000 to get out. But thats not the worst, the next day i was set to go to Washington DC for a work trip and i had to cancel two hours before my flight. Now i have alot of explaining to do to my boss. I have been thinking of telling him the truth and taking my risks. I hate not being honest, but i also really like my job and the people there have been great with me. If anyone has any sugestions let me know because by this time next week i probably won't have a job.

I am 22 years old and i am currently on my last year of college, but i want to go to graduate school. I have been seriously thinking of getting my masters in Mexico. Anyways it feels good to tell my story and im sorry it's really long. I always try to look onthe funny side of things and not dwell on my situation and just keep on overcoming the obstacles that i am faced with because we all didn't get where we got by feeling sorry for ourselves.

stars
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome to DAP. Why would you go back? Wait to see if Dream passes. After all you have been Americanized. Plenty of people here are older and are waiting very patiently because that day will come. Just tell your job or say that you were very ill. You know what kind of boss you have. WHat kind of company is it?

dream warrior
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I work for a Labor Union so you know that unions have been at the front og the pro immigration movement so im hoping that they will understand. I guess i feel like im carrying a 1000 lb gorilla on my back if i keep on lying. Fort the most part i have been honest to people about it and i hate having to make up huge lies i am tired of lying.

Well even when the Act does pass i hope to travel outside the country and study abroad, but if it takes too long like many other things in this country im willing to take my chances and leave. Sorry to sound so negative, but i am only trying to persue my dream. But thats a decision i will make later and for now i am willing to work just as hard as you guys have been so i won't have to make such a decision.

Ark
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Not to put a damper on your plans, but I believe you can't spend extended periods of time outside the country once the law passes; however, I'm not sure if it's during the 2-year or 6-year period, could be both...

dream warrior
10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Well you are putting a damper on my plans, I'm a poli sci major witha minor in Latin American Studies and i would like to get a masters from a Latin American University. Maybe I will settle for some american teaching me about LAtin AMerica?

CIR_DREAM2009
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Welcome!

And yeah, when DREAM passes, you cant be outside the country for long. Permanent residents can leave for a maximum 6 months. Stay outside the country for more than that and your permanent residency is void.

vanedream
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey welcome to the forum
I have been waiting for dream to pass forever and I just turned 28 yrs old. I think whether dream passes or not you should not make your decision to leave or stay because of it. Who knows how much longer is it going to take. If your dream is to study abroad go and do it. I wish I had left a long time ago instead of just waiting for something to happen. I wanted to study medicine after I graduated college 5 years ago, but I decided to wait until things changed and they haven't. If you have a dream follow it. No matter where it takes you, even if its not here.

dream warrior
10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks Vanedream,

Your words of encouragement almost want to make me leave right now or at least in may when i graduate. That is exactly my fear that i will be 28 and nothing will have changed and i would have wasted all that time.

I mean people in other countries are able to make it why can't I?

It sucks every time a professor wants me to go abroad for a program i have to turn it down i could have aready gone to France, Peru, Argentina and Brazil.

vanedream
10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I wish I had gone after my dream regarless of my situation even if it was in Mexico. I would be graduating right now.
I regret my decision all the time because no matter how great things are here, having a dream that its not realized despite your best efforts its very frustating. I love this country but I just wonder millions of people live in other places and they make it OK so if your dream is that important to you don't let anything hold you back. I wish you all the best. I would though finish my B.A. a degree from the US can open a lot of doors for you especially if you want to study abroad.

Sayuri Jane
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
welcome to the dap and can you translate what the guy said to your mom that was so funny?

dream warrior
10-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Well the guy basically said "hurry up F**kng lady". we laughed it off because here we are crossing the border in a foreign country when we hadn't even once left our ranch and my mom wants to take the time to say good bye to some ladies she barely met and will never see again. we thought it was funny.

Davinci818
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
how is everyone going to college?
im almost at that point in my life and i dont know how im going to do it
but for those who want to do Abroad Programs....
couldnt u just go to your consulate and get a passport if u dont have one yet
and then fly to your home country then fly to wherever ur studying?

dream warrior
10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
how is everyone going to college?
im almost at that point in my life and i dont know how im going to do it
but for those who want to do Abroad Programs....
couldnt u just go to your consulate and get a passport if u dont have one yet
and then fly to your home country then fly to wherever ur studying?

Yeah thats if you don't want to come back and you want to study abroad for ever!
You need a visa and you also need documents so you can be able to return to the country, although i have been considering leaving and not coming back (thats when i am pissed off and things aren't going well)