PDA

View Full Version : The Name's Daniel...

DannyTheSkinhead
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey there everyone,

Well, I'm sitting here at Cerritos College's computer lab. I've been working on an essay about the DREAM Act and I wanted to quote some stories and here I found plenty of them.

My name's Daniel. I came from Chile when I was 14. And I'm in the same situation as many of us here. Adapting to this country is not easy. And after almost 5 years I still feel like a misfit. But anyways, I have a little story about why now I have to take one semester off, or more, to pay off a little debt I have.

It all started on the week of my birthday in september. On the 12th, which was a wednesday, I drove to jack in the box to get some food during my break time (I work at a warehouse 6 days a week, for 8 hours everyday). When I was coming out of the drive through a guy hit me on the side. After telling him I had no license he threathen me and told me he was gonna call the cops. It was his fault completely. After lecturing me for about half an hour about driving without a license he was calling the cops. I told him that if he did I'd get my car taken away and it would bring many problems. "You either pay me or I'll call the cops". Damn... Well, long story short, I paid him and kept proof I did. It was $340 to fix his bumper. I couldnt even open my door after the crash. But I fixed it myself so i could do so...

Anyways... the next day, I get pulled over. Got my car taken away, 2 tickets, and I still have to go to court. I just got my car out yesterday and it was $1,300 which is money I now owe to my stepdad. I already had a debt of $800. So adding all up... Tickets, the pound, the $800, it would be about $3,000. So now I have no money for college. I drive my car with fear of getting pulled over again...

Well, sorry I wrote so much... But yeah, this is what recently happened to me. There's a lot more to this...

I really support all the ideas that I have read here. I want to start a group here on campus to organize and inform people about this Act and how it would help us.

Thank you for putting up this website and this forum for all of us.

As for the "corralon" (pound) people... Iros a la mierda...

Zodiak
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Dream Act Portal, Daniel. I'm sorry to hear what you went through. I have a friend who went through a very similar experience.

I think of these events as a way to strengthen our character. We must stay strong and work together for the passage of the Dream Act this year.

Glad to have you here, Daniel.

laneDearIhope?
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Ur name kinda threw me for a loop there...im sorry about ur situation tho but like zodiak said its all character building...Welcome to dap...

pingpong abyss
10-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome to DAP, Danny. I can't believe people can be such manipulative, blackmailing...ugh. Good luck with your situation, and start calling your senators if you aren't already. This is our week.

Ur name kinda threw me for a loop there...

Heh, me too.

Ark
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Welcome, you've joined us just in time. Make sure you do your share of calling... (http://www.dreamact.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2996)

Mbluparadise
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome Danny-boy... my sis went through something similar.... call your Senators!

dado123
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome Daniel I have family members that are in the same conundrum, call your senator to make a difference

Sayuri Jane
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
sorry for your troubles (and pain). welcome to the dap and please call :wink:

dream warrior
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Welcome, I just got pulled over and my bros car impounded a couple weeks ago, i know it sucks, but stay up and join us by doing your part

DannyTheSkinhead
10-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Ur name kinda threw me for a loop there...im sorry about ur situation tho but like zodiak said its all character building...Welcome to dap...

Hahahah why is that?

The whole skinhead thing? Well I've been working on a website about skinheads. The site is www.skinheadrevolt.com

No, skinheads have nothing to do with racism. In fact, is the total opposite. Nothing but pure working class pride and anti-fascist beliefs. Those neo nazis are nothing but a cheap copy of what the real skinheads are... It's an interesting subculture. I'm majoring in Sociology and to me this is one of the greatest youth subculture for many reasons.

crassrock
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

Hahahah why is that?

The whole skinhead thing? Well I've been working on a website about skinheads. The site is www.skinheadrevolt.com

No, skinheads have nothing to do with racism. In fact, is the total opposite. Nothing but pure working class pride and anti-fascist beliefs. Those neo nazis are nothing but a cheap copy of what the real skinheads are... It's an interesting subculture. I'm majoring in Sociology and to me this is one of the greatest youth subculture for many reasons.

anarcho-punk FTW

i knew a couple of skins here in san diego. i havent talked to any in a year or so. im beeen to busy to even go out to shows anymore lately

Jourbalist
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Hahahah why is that?

Lol my whole life I thought that skinheads were racists... I wonder what led to that idea..

laneDearIhope?
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Hahahah why is that?

anarcho-punk FTW

i knew a couple of skins here in san diego. i havent talked to any in a year or so. im beeen to busy to even go out to
shows anymore lately

I learn something new everyday...

pingpong abyss
10-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Everything I know about skinheads I learned from American History X and Dropkick Murphys, so sorry. :p

Interesting site, though. I had no idea ska was a skinhead thing. I thought they were into punk.

erikasxoxo
10-19-2007, 11:48 PM
As for the "corralon" (pound) people... Iros a la mierda...

That part made me LOL :D

Welcome to the DAP Daniel!!!

I think your the first Chilean here (at least to my knowledge)... and congrats on winning the soccer match with Peru the other day :lol: (Im Peruvian btw.)

GreaserFromNowhere
10-24-2007, 03:24 AM
it's pretty crazy that the first post i read is from someone at cerritos. I attend classes there. and i used to live in norwalk.
that sucks about what happened to you, man. my biggest fear is that when i get a car someday, i'll have it taken away that same week. i wish you luck.
btw, SHARPS are some of the coolest people i know.

OptimistinDenial
10-24-2007, 03:42 AM
I almost had a heart Attack with the DannytheSkinHead and Greaserfromnowhere in the same thread. Whatever happened with names like dreamerintheclouds or girl that happens to be a dreamer? Anyway welcome to you two and by the way that site is great! good to know what skinhead actually means. Check the Lounge and see what is going on.

crassrock
10-31-2007, 07:57 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MbKniMJIQNw

i was looking at this video and it reminded me of this thread.

You pick on the weak
You`re only strong in groups
Can`t do shit on your own
You pick on those who are few
Right winged scum
You have no place in our scene
Right winged scum
We’ll teach you what skinhead really means

You`re the sickness of our generation
You`ve infested almost every nation
You`re the plague of our society
You`re are our most hated enemy

Listen what we have to say: Good night white pride
Only what we have to say: Good night white pride

Good night, good night, good night, good night white pride
Good night, good night, good night, good night white pride

crassrock
10-31-2007, 08:04 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vMX-YtqoHGQ

Soy de deretxas
(ke asko, me apestas),
del yugo y de las
fletxas (tu mente es estretxa)
y a vezes etxo en falta
eso ke dicen ke es la masa
zerebral.

No hay mas razones
(no tienes kojones)
ke liarme a patadones
(sois nazis kabrones).
Me junto a otros
zinkuenta pues yo solo
siempre akabo por temblar.

Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.
Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.

Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.
Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.

Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.
Gasolina y fuego
pal nazi kabrón.

ApRil
11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
...the whole driving without a license is such a pain!!!...I used to love driving now my friends make fun of me cause i look through the rear view every other minute just to make sure i dont have a cop on my tail, Not to mention I get so nervous at the thought of driving through a "RETEN" or check point that I gave up driving on the weekends all together...So I'm sorry that you had to encounter such a person that only added wood to the fire....
BUT hey....you joined and its one more step to all of our goals...WELCOME!!!

cestlavie
11-14-2007, 12:22 AM
oh you poor thing! damn that really sucks I don't even know what to say, but good story tho! and that asshole that took your money...hopefullly u'll see him again so u can beat him up cuz he didn't keep his promise

.reaper.2oox.
11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
damn dude, i read your story yesterday and i was thinking about it today when i was driving...i'm sorry you have to go through that ordeal...what an asshole, don't ever let people take advantage of you like that. I cant help but to think that that person called the cops anyway and then the cops had your plates and so pulled you over. You dont have to tell the person why you dont have a liscence but if in that situation again, just make something up...i know telling the truth in this situation can probably get you into more trouble than not. But maybe, oh crap i forgot my liscence, or something. Pff i would have been like, oh yeah? your gona call the cops? i'm gona call my lawyer and sue you, you are obviously at fault here and if you dont pay me, ill get rude too. I am showing you respect, why dont you try that? (yes lie but scare them too xP). eh but anyway xP...sorry man.

DannyTheSkinhead
11-27-2007, 02:02 PM
damn dude, i read your story yesterday and i was thinking about it today when i was driving...i'm sorry you have to go through that ordeal...what an asshole, don't ever let people take advantage of you like that. I cant help but to think that that person called the cops anyway and then the cops had your plates and so pulled you over. You dont have to tell the person why you dont have a liscence but if in that situation again, just make something up...i know telling the truth in this situation can probably get you into more trouble than not. But maybe, oh crap i forgot my liscence, or something. Pff i would have been like, oh yeah? your gona call the cops? i'm gona call my lawyer and sue you, you are obviously at fault here and if you dont pay me, ill get rude too. I am showing you respect, why dont you try that? (yes lie but scare them too xP). eh but anyway xP...sorry man.

Well, I tried everything... but I learned that norwalk does not tolerate driving without a license. In other cities if you get pulled over you can call someone with a license to come pick up your car and you avoid all that trouble. You still get the ticket though... Yeah I think that too... Maybe that asshole called the cops on me... I told that guy off like crazy... but anyways... I'm going to court soon. I chose to go to see if I can convince the judge to remove my tickets. I'll be presenting a report on the Dream Act and how it would help many of us. When I went to court to ask for an extension the lady at the window recommended I should do that. Maybe the judge will understand and that way i dont have to pay for the tickets... I'm hoping to raise some awareness. Hopefully by going to court and talk about my situation and the Dream Act will make a little change. Since I'm not going to school for one semester I'm gonna focus on supporting this cause. I'll try to get some connections or something. Try to get support from the Police Department and Institutions... One step at the time...

DannyTheSkinhead
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
it's pretty crazy that the first post i read is from someone at cerritos. I attend classes there. and i used to live in norwalk.
that sucks about what happened to you, man. my biggest fear is that when i get a car someday, i'll have it taken away that same week. i wish you luck.
btw, SHARPS are some of the coolest people i know.

SHARPS are hippies dude... hahaha... nothing but "American Pride" skinheads...

I'm cool with them... but to me they're hippies. (some of my SHARP friends know I think that about them...)

Nice metting ya GreaserFromNowhere...

GreaserFromNowhere
11-29-2007, 04:55 AM
dont know about hippies, man. i meant the ones i knew were pretty chill. but yeah nice meeting you too. are you going to cerritos next semester?

cadman
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Wazzup Danny and Greaser, I go to Rio Hondo, north of Cerritos, you guys probably know where that is...

.reaper.2oox.
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

Well, I tried everything... but I learned that norwalk does not tolerate driving without a license. In other cities if you get pulled over you can call someone with a license to come pick up your car and you avoid all that trouble. You still get the ticket though... Yeah I think that too... Maybe that asshole called the cops on me... I told that guy off like crazy... but anyways... I'm going to court soon. I chose to go to see if I can convince the judge to remove my tickets. I'll be presenting a report on the Dream Act and how it would help many of us. When I went to court to ask for an extension the lady at the window recommended I should do that. Maybe the judge will understand and that way i dont have to pay for the tickets... I'm hoping to raise some awareness. Hopefully by going to court and talk about my situation and the Dream Act will make a little change. Since I'm not going to school for one semester I'm gonna focus on supporting this cause. I'll try to get some connections or something. Try to get support from the Police Department and Institutions... One step at the time...

cool man!, go for it

Lora
12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome to DAP
That sucks that you had to go through that whole ordeal. Well if your still driving with out a License you really need to get car insurance in case you get in to another accident it will help pay for your damages as well as the other vehicles damages. Also you wount get a ticket for driving W/O proof of insurance. Well here in california they have insurance providers that Provide car insurance to unlicensed drivers. (Its not a scam they do work) they are pricy but at at least you will be insured and some jerk off wont take advantage of you.

Ed
12-14-2007, 05:52 AM
wow that sucks man, thats the kind of fear i live in, if i decide to drive, even tho its not he most attractive thing, i ride the bus. las vegas cops are annoying, and will get on us!