PDA

View Full Version : Can Marriege really be the answer???

marianasauce
11-29-2007, 02:49 AM
I hear so many different stories about marrying an American citizen, that I don't know what to believe anymore. What's the truth about this topic???

quaker
11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Hi there, I notice you are new to the forum so welcome.

Please check out the new member FAQ and remember to post things in the correct section from now on. Also check out the off topic section as this post has been covered many times before.

You can also use the search function to find any relevant posts. If you are having any problems doing so message me and I'll point you in the right direction (as to previous marriage related posts).

Take Care

Youguysareawesome
11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Check these out

http://dreamact.info/forum/about3270.html

http://dreamact.info/forum/about3410.html

lilbawler2001
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
My name is lilbawler

.reaper.2oox.
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
i'll answer it really quick cuss i have an opinion on it too, yeah you can marry an american and file for legal status...but to me, it's a moral issue, i don't wana marry an american for that...it's wrong to me. Or what i've seen people do to cheat the system to get their papers...i'm happy and satisfied with my girlfriend, she's not american...she is studying here abroad, from germany/finland. Up to you though, but it's not so easy to fool the government. Make sure you love her xP.

Ed
12-06-2007, 12:01 AM
it really depends, marriage is probably the quickest way, but there is a lot of stuff, as far as paperwork, and documents that you have to have. not exactly sure, but i know it can be done, and a lot of lawyers say it is the fastest way to legal status.

Rebeca
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Marrriage can be an answer to legalization. My brother just got married a few months ago and is already more ahead in the process than I am and I filed in 2003!

The reason why is because he entered the states legally with a passaport, unlike me illegally.

My advice to you is not to marry only to obtain legal status. Marry because you love the person. Another of my friends also married out of high school in 2005 to a U.S Citizen and is now a resident. She was planning to marry this person and obtaining legalization was just a plus.

Really think about it and seek a legal expert on this matter because it is such a huge step. This is the little I know about this matter. Hopefully it helped you out :)