PDA

View Full Version : Immigration to go paperless

Fish
11-07-2008, 09:12 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/06/AR2008110602068.html?hpid=sec-tech

dreamerhippie
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Erase / Rewind

dream3320
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
this might be a good/bad thing..
good because it makes it quicker for information to process
bad because it makes it easier for agents to track people down and deport people faster

geronimo610
11-08-2008, 09:40 PM
bad because it makes it easier for agents to track people down and deport people faster
that is a good thing... as long as it isn't Dreamies lol

Fish
11-08-2008, 09:42 PM
this might be a good/bad thing..
good because it makes it quicker for information to process

No, it's a good thing because now backlogs are cleared and they have the technology to accept millions of new applications. If Dream or CIR ever passes, there will be 10 million+ applications filed and it would be impractical to deal with that with paper and manila folders.

dream3320
11-09-2008, 02:30 AM
No, it's a good thing because now backlogs are cleared and they have the technology to accept millions of new applications. If Dream or CIR ever passes, there will be 10 million+ applications filed and it would be impractical to deal with that with paper and manila folders.

i agree with you on why its a good thing, but everything has a positive and negative side to it, and this is no different..

geronimo610
11-09-2008, 04:08 AM
my parents were talking about this. Apparently anyone from Korea is allowed to come to the U.S. as a tourist without a visa now. My first question was "What??? Wouldn't they all come here and stay illegally then?" Then my dad said that they would have to go through the whole electronic process so they would be more in depth in terms of recording your info and maybe even finger print and what not. So they can really track you down and give you the boot. I think that's a good thing... as soon as we get legalized that is lol.

dream3320
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
thats kind of what i meant. the negative side is that people will get tracked down faster.
and i know all of us here have parents who are illegal and unlike us don't have any clear hope on how their status will be adjusted.

Fish
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
thats kind of what i meant. the negative side is that people will get tracked down faster.
and i know all of us here have parents who are illegal and unlike us don't have any clear hope on how their status will be adjusted.
There's a good and bad to everything. The good: faster processing of papers, being able to handle millions of application. The bad: the possibility of being able to get tracked and deported quickly.