PDA

View Full Version : Immigration issue on back burner

lilbawler2001
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Even if he still wanted an all-inclusive massive overhaul, the economic climate will not allow it, and Obama will likely back two smaller measures with the caveat of keeping his promise to advocates and return later to seek bigger changes, he said.
These narrower proposals could include two bills with bipartisan support that have lingered for years without approval: The DREAM Act, giving as many as 1 million students who are in the country illegally a chance to go to college or join the military and eventually gain permanent residency, and AGJOBS, a bill creating a new temporary agricultural worker program.
“There's no way he's going to be able to deliver on a comprehensive package,” Papademetriou said. “At best, he'll try for a down payment to assure people he's doing his best under current circumstances.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Immigration_issue_on_back_burner.html

kenny1314
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
That is good news, but i still think CIR is too complex and hard to pass within few year.

lookingforchange
01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
All these reports are getting me anxious. If we ever had a chance, this is it right now. We must blitz our sen. when the time calls. EVERYBODY on this forum better be ready. because we are greatly out numbered.

8-bitPanda
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
All these reports are getting me anxious. If we ever had a chance, this is it right now. We must blitz our sen. when the time calls. EVERYBODY on this forum better be ready. because we are greatly out numbered.

And remember, CIR may be brought up around fall time so we need to act fast.