DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone else feel like they've wasted the last four years of their lives? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84695)

Afridi786 01-04-2021 11:09 PM

Anyone else feel like they've wasted the last four years of their lives?

I'm probably going to be really heavy in this post but anyone else feel that they've wasted the last four years of their lives? I'll preface this by saying I do have pre-existing conditions such as anxiety and depression, but I've been worried ever since Trump announced his presidency and ever since Election Night 2016, I've been constantly worried, it's all I've thought about ever since he was elected and especially since Sessions announced the rescission.

I've gotten more successful in terms of career and income but I haven't enjoyed life at all. I've been waiting for all it to be taken away from me. I rushed into a miserable marriage just in case something happened. But nothing happened, and now I'm still in a miserable loveless marriage looking back on how I've wasted 4 years of my life fearing the worst.

Anyone share the same experience as me? Please seek counseling, I have been, but I guess I've been stubborn and not improved at all. Now it's almost as if not having this worry almost seems like a hole in my life. It's sad, don't be like me.

Please seek a medical professional and if it isn't improving things, try a different person or medication. Don't be like me.

Connect with a counselor:
https://www.betterhelp.com/start/?go...nd=1&gor=start

Suicide Hotline:
800-273-8255

dreamer12345 01-05-2021 09:39 AM

Re: Anyone else feel like they've wasted the last four years of their lives?

you and half of America brother. It doesn't just stop at DACAers, the waste of time on staying informed on politics, informing others, staying active to oust this monster and save the democracy was a gargantuan waste of time for many of us. At the end, the result may speak for itself, but it set the country back a few years, including lost years of life of enjoyment for millions (pandemic and lockdown year not included).

JavierHTx 01-05-2021 03:34 PM

4 years? More like my entire adult life.

sk16 01-05-2021 04:29 PM

same. prior to daca, I trained myself to think that my goal is to get out once I get a degree, then daca happened, but somehow I never quite felt like I belong. To add to that, I managed to be interested in someone thousands of miles away but could not see them for the longest (prior to AP). when I did see him/her, it just didn't work out. I guess you could say I'm one of those people with one foot out the door.

For the longest time all I could think about was how do I make a "normal" life elsewhere. But these days, I'm starting to open up to the idea that maybe I do belong here. maybe slowly we can move toward a normal life without having to resort to finding someone to marry to fix the issue or having to rely on reform to happen.

Cheers!

lurkingpro 01-05-2021 06:04 PM

more like the past 20 years of my life...

Alby 01-05-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afridi786 (Post 754875)
I'm probably going to be really heavy in this post but anyone else feel that they've wasted the last four years of their lives? I'll preface this by saying I do have pre-existing conditions such as anxiety and depression, but I've been worried ever since Trump announced his presidency and ever since Election Night 2016, I've been constantly worried, it's all I've thought about ever since he was elected and especially since Sessions announced the rescission.

I've gotten more successful in terms of career and income but I haven't enjoyed life at all. I've been waiting for all it to be taken away from me. I rushed into a miserable marriage just in case something happened. But nothing happened, and now I'm still in a miserable loveless marriage looking back on how I've wasted 4 years of my life fearing the worst.

Anyone share the same experience as me? Please seek counseling, I have been, but I guess I've been stubborn and not improved at all. Now it's almost as if not having this worry almost seems like a hole in my life. It's sad, don't be like me.

Please seek a medical professional and if it isn't improving things, try a different person or medication. Don't be like me.

Connect with a counselor:
https://www.betterhelp.com/start/?go...nd=1&gor=start

Suicide Hotline:
800-273-8255

Was your wedding expensive?

Are you going to get divorced?

Afridi786 01-05-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alby (Post 754911)
Was your wedding expensive?

Are you going to get divorced?

We eloped so not that much. Divorce, it seems that way, but honestly it's not what I wanted and am heartbroken and struggling with the fact that it's leading that way, I think I care more than she does, and it's devastating.

HamHB 01-06-2021 01:51 AM

story of my life.

Transcend 01-06-2021 03:53 AM

Move on with life. Do whatever needs to be done to be happy.

You are still here, ability to work, a good job, etc.. That is a better situation than most. Over 2 million people dead bc of this disease already. Let's consider ourselves very fortunate.

Goodluck.

Demise 01-06-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afridi786 (Post 754947)
We eloped so not that much. Divorce, it seems that way, but honestly it's not what I wanted and am heartbroken and struggling with the fact that it's leading that way, I think I care more than she does, and it's devastating.

Yeah being forced to marry the first interested person for papers fucking sucked. Honestly it blows that's the only path that's open for us. When all the Indians were bitching and moaning about S 386 again not passing, I almost wanted to cynically ask "Why don't you just marry for papers?".