DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers' (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83953)

ECW 10-19-2019 09:19 PM

Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers'

Quote:

The Supreme Court is due to hold a hearing Nov. 12 to decide on the legality of Trump's order on the program formally known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), after lower courts have forced the Trump administration to continue issuing renewals of it.
Quote:

Democrats and pro-immigrant advocates feel confident the court will rule against the White House.
Quote:

But even if it doesn't, Democrats believe the sympathy generated by Dreamers, or undocumented immigrants who arrived in the country as minors, will eventually force GOP moderates in the Senate to support emergency House legislation to protect a program that has proven popular with voters.
Quote:

I think there is a growing bipartisan sentiment that these DACA recipients need protection and I think we'd pass [emergency protections], I really do, on a bipartisan basis," Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told reporters and DACA recipients at a press conference Thursday.
https://thehill.com/latino/466598-de...ng-on-dreamers

beingoflight 10-19-2019 11:27 PM

Re: Democrats dig in ahead of Supreme Court ruling on 'Dreamers'

Emergency protections that is then.
Then after he is reelected, pass Dream Act and comprenhesive immigration reform since he wont have anything to lose now.

Trump's 4D chess at play along with the art of the deal.

Lmao he is going to force them into compromising!!

United We Dream better stay the fuck out with the "legalization for all or nothing" bullshit.

MIdreamer 10-19-2019 11:39 PM

I like Senator Durbin, but he has said that he feels optimistic about passing DA many times before. I highly doubt that Trump will pass anything regarding immigration because he feels like he need to dig in to appease his base.

ECW 10-19-2019 11:43 PM

It will be the BRIDGE Act or something of that short that everyone is crying they don't want.

Alby 10-19-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIdreamer (Post 742090)
I like Senator Durbin, but he has said that he feels optimistic about passing DA many times before. I highly doubt that Trump will pass anything regarding immigration because he feels like he need to dig in to appease his base.

This is all a shit show to me now. It is a joke. Even the creator himself is probably at his throne scratching his balls and saying “What the fuck did I create?” You know how many times I’ve been let down? Countless. Even God himself is probably saying just marry and then divorce; I’ll myself forgive you for all the bullshit you’ve endured.

2MoreYears 10-20-2019 12:56 AM

Will SCOTUS still have to make a decision after POTUS is impeached later this year? Is the case grandfathered?

PapiChulo 10-20-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 742093)
Will SCOTUS still have to make a decision after POTUS is impeached later this year? Is the case grandfathered?

lol he can be impeached but not convicted in the Senate.

but.. he'll still be the 3rd US President that is impeached.

Outsider626 10-20-2019 01:17 AM

Will they make a final decision on November 12? Trying to figure out when to send my renewal...

frbc13 10-20-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 742096)
Will they make a final decision on November 12? Trying to figure out when to send my renewal...

I sent mines in May of this year......I expires May of next year, ya heard me? That's just how I roll

2MoreYears 10-20-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapiChulo (Post 742095)
lol he can be impeached but not convicted in the Senate.

but.. he'll still be the 3rd US President that is impeached.

I meant if he's removed from office.