DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   legal advice needed please (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=41750)

Larissa0021 03-22-2013 01:42 PM

legal advice needed please

Hello everyone,

I was brought to this country when i was only 4 years old by my parents. When i reached the age of 17 i was able to find a job. The owner told me to put any random number as a ss. Now i am married to my bf of 9 years and I want to apply for a green card but i am have a difficult time with the application. The biographic form is asking the information of my last employer of 5 years. I dont want to get my boss or old coworkers in any trouble. I know i can not lie in this form so I am stuck. Right now a lawyers fee is too much for my husband and I. If any of you have any advices, tips, or personal stories about this situation please share. I really don't want to get anyone into any trouble with immigration.

DamLeon123 03-22-2013 05:42 PM

Re: legal advice needed please

Just do not put the job down. If you do, you will need to put that ssn number.
If you do they will ask how you got that number. Just do not put it down.
When I did my DACA application there was a part that said something along the lines:
"Have you ever been assigned a social security number before" or "Social Security Number, if any"
I put no, eventhough I used a fake ss# to work for a couple of months (it was either work or
starve). My DACA was approved and am now working legally.
So just relax and do not put that work history.

Hope, this helps.

butterflynans 03-22-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 448843)
Just do not put the job down. If you do, you will need to put that ssn number.
If you do they will ask how you got that number. Just do not put it down.
When I did my DACA application there was a part that said something along the lines:
"Have you ever been assigned a social security number before" or "Social Security Number, if any"
I put no, eventhough I used a fake ss# to work for a couple of months (it was either work or
starve). My DACA was approved and am now working legally.
So just relax and do not put that work history.

Hope, this helps.

Larissa seek a free consultation with a lawyer!
Dam the process and guidelines for DACA are way different than for the actual legalization through marriage.
She could easily get denied for an actual greencard if theyfeel she ommitted info.
What does your lawyer say since his fee is so high anyhow

msaccountant 03-23-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larissa0021 (Post 448762)
Hello everyone,

I was brought to this country when i was only 4 years old by my parents. When i reached the age of 17 i was able to find a job. The owner told me to put any random number as a ss. Now i am married to my bf of 9 years and I want to apply for a green card but i am have a difficult time with the application. The biographic form is asking the information of my last employer of 5 years. I dont want to get my boss or old coworkers in any trouble. I know i can not lie in this form so I am stuck. Right now a lawyers fee is too much for my husband and I. If any of you have any advices, tips, or personal stories about this situation please share. I really don't want to get anyone into any trouble with immigration.

I say try what buttefly said. Look around and find a good competent lawyer in your area. Also many times churches and non profit organizations offer free and/or low fee consultations. You just have to do a bit of searching.

DamLeon123 03-23-2013 06:15 PM

So, I have a family petion via my mom, but being from Mexico it takes 20 years.
Now, ..., let's say that my priority date comes up (which is still a long ways to go), and I
try to adjust my status and get a green card. Will I face a similar situation that Larissa0021
is in???
I only worked for a couple of months with the fk ssn# (see below).

And to all of you haters out there
my mom who is a US CITIZEN and pays her taxes and has NEVER gotten any government
assistance TRIED to adjust my status but once you turn 21 are from Mexico your application
basically goes out the window. She paid thousands of dollars just for me to not get anything until
a 20 year period. And beleive you me, I have been hungry and had had not enought to eat in the past, try and eat a meal and stil be hungy to see how it feels what it's like not having enough
money to eat. So I had to do what I had to do.)

msaccountant 03-24-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 449249)
So, I have a family petion via my mom, but being from Mexico it takes 20 years.
Now, ..., let's say that my priority date comes up (which is still a long ways to go), and I
try to adjust my status and get a green card. Will I face a similar situation that Larissa0021
is in???
I only worked for a couple of months with the fk ssn# (see below).

And to all of you haters out there
my mom who is a US CITIZEN and pays her taxes and has NEVER gotten any government
assistance TRIED to adjust my status but once you turn 21 are from Mexico your application
basically goes out the window. She paid thousands of dollars just for me to not get anything until
a 20 year period. And beleive you me, I have been hungry and had had not enought to eat in the past, try and eat a meal and stil be hungy to see how it feels what it's like not having enough
money to eat. So I had to do what I had to do.)

This is why it's best to consult a good attorney since they already have experience with this they will be able to give you a better answer and they will know what happened exactly.

ivycali 03-24-2013 10:21 PM

I'll post what I posted on another thread.

I talked to an attorney about this (applying for green card and revealing where you worked before) and the attorney told me that I couldn't lie.. that I would have to disclose previous employers and not withhold information, otherwise it is omission. In any case, I'd recommend that you speak to an attorney that has dealt with this before.

If you can't afford an attorney, try to find a free legal clinic or you can also try one of the other forums like http://www.avvo.com/free-legal-advice where lawyers can answer your basic questions.

buckminsterfullerene 03-26-2013 01:06 PM

Try to look into NIJC (National Immigrant Justice Center), they offer low cost lawyer assistance and will charge on a sliding scale, so they do help out people if they cannot afford it their low cost which is I think $50 for a consultation. They have a lot of experience handling some of the more complicated cases and we always go to them to seek advice on cases we are working on.

alphaads 04-08-2013 03:48 AM

Amazing!

HOARDING ADVERTISING

Happyman0607 04-08-2013 07:24 AM

Lawyer fee is too high? Hmm gee... Pay $500-$2000 now and never pay again or fill out your application alone and risk being denied/ barred from any kind of immigration relief.. Seems like a smart idea to me.. Borrow some money and set up a payment plan with interest over time to a friend or relative.. This isn't a matter to skimp out on.. It's really your life on the line.. Mind boggling honestly what some people try saving money on or what they think they can do on their own.. Then they mess up and come back on here crying that they need to leave the country soon and or theyve been barred from becoming a PR/USC Get a lawyer!!!!!