DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Are their any consequences for working with expired ead? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=70247)

Alex_ek 01-08-2015 06:04 PM

Are their any consequences for working with expired ead?

Anyone working with expired ead? If my job doesnt say anything about my ead expiring do I have to tell them?

AlexanderMQ 01-08-2015 09:28 PM

Re: Are their any consequences for working with expired ead?

Its HR's responsibly to ensure that all employees work authorization is verified and valid, if there is an audit by HR or ICE and they see that your work permit is expired than the employer and employee (You) would get in VERY serious legal problems and serious fines and you would be terminated and could become problems for you in the furture when applying for a green card (unauthorized employment) , possible deportation on your part as well since you don't have any status since your DACA/EAD is expired. Its up to you to tell your employer that your EAD card is expired and maybe your employer will let you do a "leave of absence" until you have the new renewed EAD card in your hands, but remember if you knowingly know that your EAD is expired than the possible problems above that I listed could happen to you.

Alex_ek 01-08-2015 09:32 PM

Ok thanks

AlexanderMQ 01-08-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_ek (Post 550721)
Ok thanks

your welcome and good luck.

taylor2545 01-08-2015 10:04 PM

What is expired ead?

AlexanderMQ 01-08-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor2545 (Post 550724)
What is expired ead?

E.A.D (Employment Authorization Document)

Kamara22 01-19-2015 08:21 AM

If my EAD expires before my renewal is approved I will be in the same boat. Frankly, I won't tell my employer if he isn't aware. I work for a person, and I am hoping he isn't on top of these things. I just can't afford to not have my job for 2 to 3 months until USCIS final gets around to my application. I'm just telling the truth.

cooltalker 01-19-2015 08:37 AM

I work in my university. When my EAD was expiring, I was never asked to show a renewed one. In any case, my EAD never expired. It was approved a month before the old one expired. (You can see the timeline in my signature below.)

It's been three months since my old one expired, and still no one has requested to see the new one yet...

Alex_ek 01-19-2015 12:38 PM

[quote=cooltalker;551229] I work in my university. When my EAD was expiring, I was never asked to show a renewed one. In any case, my EAD never expired. It was approved a month before the old one expired. (You can see the timeline in my signature below.)

It's been three months since my old one expired, and still no one has requested to see the new one yet...[/QUOTEb
]

is it really necessary? I mean I dont think they care if it expired if uscis knows we apply during the right time? I applied 146 days before expiration date. And still nothing.

pootie tang 01-20-2015 01:39 PM

My EAD expired before I got my renewal so I worked for over a month with an expired EAD. HR never mentioned anything to me but I did call USCIS multiple times regarding my renewal and why it was taking so long. I was told multiple times (at least 5 different times) by USCIS that as long as my renewal application was pending that I was ok to work and i was not technically doing anything illegal, BUT that it was still up to my employer to actually keep me employed.
So basically, USCIS was ok with me working after my EAD expired so long as my current application was still pending but that my employer could fire me if they wanted to.