DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can you travel with approved advance parole if you have unexecuted removal order? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84821)

Vze77ach 03-02-2021 05:18 PM

Can you travel with approved advance parole if you have final removal order?

How are you !

This is for a friend of mine . He is also a DACA recipient. He has unexecuted final removal order .
Can he travel outside of US with advance parole and then re-enter US ?

beingoflight 03-02-2021 06:48 PM

Re: Can you travel with approved advance parole if you have unexecuted removal order

Lmfaoooo

They wont even let him come back in.

Jesus why are people this smart.

2Face 03-03-2021 09:56 AM

Re: Can you travel with approved advance parole if you have unexecuted removal order

I stopped reading at "unexecuted removal order" lmfao....

AleiaTheEnchanted 03-03-2021 01:54 PM

I wouldn't leave if I were you.......

lachupacabra 03-03-2021 03:39 PM

I have a final removal order. I've spoken to many lawyers and they all said it would be a bad idea...
He needs to administratively close it first

Vze77ach 03-03-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lachupacabra (Post 757806)
I have a final removal order. I've spoken to many lawyers and they all said it would be a bad idea...
He needs to administratively close it first

What does “ administratively close “ mean ? You mean the removal order needs to be terminated ?

Outsider626 03-04-2021 02:21 AM

"Friend of mine" which means it's me

txgirl 03-04-2021 04:30 AM

Your ‘friend’ needs to get an attorney that could approach the trial attorney for DHS at the venue from where the removal order was issue to see if they’re willing to join in a motion to reopen his proceedings. If the govt attorneys are willing to join the reopening of his case will be all but certain. Once the immigration judge grants the motion they can then try to get the case terminate (the ideal result) or at the very least administratively closed.

As mentioned by others, traveling with a final order of removal opens up the opportunity for the office at your port of entry to deny you admission back into the US even if you have an advance parole.

Demise 03-04-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txgirl (Post 757853)
Your ‘friend’ needs to get an attorney that could approach the trial attorney for DHS at the venue from where the removal order was issue to see if they’re willing to join in a motion to reopen his proceedings. If the govt attorneys are willing to join the reopening of his case will be all but certain. Once the immigration judge grants the motion they can then try to get the case terminate (the ideal result) or at the very least administratively closed.

As mentioned by others, traveling with a final order of removal opens up the opportunity for the office at your port of entry to deny you admission back into the US even if you have an advance parole.

Admin closing or terminating proceedings is pretty damn hard these days due to the shit Sessions pulled while he was AG. Admin closure is pretty much dead outside of the 4th circuit (MD, VA, WV, NC, SC). Termination, you kinda need the ICE's attorney to join you in the motion for that and they generally won't do it unless you somehow become eligible for AOS, unless you are the in the 4th circuit.

Myself I'm kinda sitting around hoping that the new AG reverses what Sessions did so I can just send a motion to terminate to the court that has my proceedings admin closed (managed to get it a few months before Sessions did his thing). Though I will likely just try a joint motion to terminate once I get my I-360 approval notice.

Manhattan2017 03-04-2021 11:17 PM

LMAO...
Vze77ach, please try it and then report back with the outcome. thanks lol