DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A way to improve our community (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80116)

BeansDreamtoo21 01-12-2018 12:19 AM

A way to improve our community

I feel the urge to ask you guys to implement a new rule.

As we are all aware there are few instances where we as a community argue, increasing the risk of an unnecessary ban if the discussion was heated, I have noticed that in some occasions that could've been avoided if this rule was implemented.
The motive to implement this rule is to create a more positive environment especially for our lurkers and people who might leak conversations from this public forum.

Without further ado the rule is basically to exclude people from this forum, those who are opposed of relief or simply don't want any sort of positive outcome and create comments meant to discourage people. Those comments promote fear, hate and possible bans of fellow dreamers who are extremely stressed and might react to their unacceptable stance.

Note that being negative should never be punished since it brings insight and creates healthy discussions.

Hope you consider this petition since it will only improve our community.

libertarian1776 01-12-2018 04:23 AM

Re: A way to improve our community

the only way to improve this community is when we all get legalized, then we can burn this mfer down!!!

BeansDreamtoo21 01-12-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 669064)
the only way to improve this community is when we all get legalized, then we can burn this mfer down!!!

Lol hopefully that day happens soon.

JavierHTx 01-12-2018 06:47 PM

I stay on your mind so much that you made a thread for me. <3

versailles 01-14-2018 12:36 PM

why was my post deleted?

jwxie518 01-14-2018 03:30 PM

Your idea is basically "if you don't agree, gtfo". Well you have just earned yourself a medal for silencing others. Also,

Quote:

The motive to implement this rule is to create a more positive environment especially for our lurkers and people who might leak conversations from this public forum.
LOL. We had been through this whole public vs private forum thing. There is no good reason to keep this forum private.

So no thanks :-)

BeansDreamtoo21 01-14-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 670346)
Your idea is basically "if you don't agree, gtfo". Well you have just earned yourself a medal for silencing others. Also,

LOL. We had been through this whole public vs private forum thing. There is no good reason to keep this forum private.

So no thanks :-)

Learn how to read. Negative comments aren't the issue. Ppl trolling and wishing nothing will happen making comments is.

And I never mention making this forum private.

jwxie518 01-14-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 670358)
Learn how to read. Negative comments aren't the issue. Ppl trolling and wishing nothing will happen making comments is.

The only person really trolling here is carnivore bro.

What is discouraging? Telling people DACA resurrection is a gateway to a trap? Telling people think twice before sending in their renewal application when the application said may reject your application, and probably will cash out your checks? Do you know? I don't know either. But, c'mon, that's BS dictatorial to ask for ban.

Yes, you didn't explicitly said lock this forum up. But you are basically saying "well to prevent the assholes we don't like from leaking because, let's remove them."

But they can come back. So your suggestion does not make sense UNLESS we make this forum private, then you enable a "I am dreamer proof" system., which still doesn't prevent anyone you don't like to leak information. This is not a cult.

CUSenior 01-14-2018 08:09 PM

I personally don’t see your concerns as particularly relevant for this forum. People disagree all the time on this forum but it’s more along the lines of whether the BRIDGE Act is helpful or what age should be the cutoff. Everyone on here, from progressive sjws like me to the right wing crazies enamored by Trump, all consider a permanent solution with citizenship for Dreamers to be the ideal situation. To my knowledge, there haven’t been any trolls here. I think your rule is better suited for the reddit DACA forum, which does get anti immigrant hardliners.

DogJuiceMan 01-20-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansDreamtoo21 (Post 670358)

Forums enable massive trolling, to manage a forum is to know you will have trolls and you wont ever really get rid of them all.

Accounts are easy to come by, and your plan just enables dreamers to troll with new accounts. It doesnt solve any of the problems you seek to solve. If anything, you are *concern trolling*

Then you want a sort of verification system, guess what,its easy to pass that too. Anything online is easy to access.

>... and wishing nothing will happen

I'm sorry that you are such a snowflake that seeing people saying bad things makes your feelings hurt!

Deal with it.

You must be too young to remember all the times we've been super optimistic, yea its coming!!! only to be let down in the worst possible ways.

Maybe this time around, less optimism, and more rational thinking.

You are not a dumb beast of burden, dont act without thinking.

THINK FOR YOURSELF.