DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   effort is worthless on this forums (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9522)

john_smith 01-24-2009 02:45 PM

effort is worthless on this forums

In regards to a thread that was has probably been removed, and I replayed to it;

The thread was about gathering information for everyone by region. So I saw that everyone was giving their info on the forums, so I proposed to build something so that people can just fill out a form for privacy purposes, which took me two nights to build. So I went ahead and built it, and test it, and it is working. Then I sent a private message to Nick (PM) and yet I have not heard back from him. I was expecting at the very least some message back explaining what are the options, or at least tell me dude we don't need that or even request more info. But yet I been ignored. And I am not mad about is, in my opinion that just sucks, and If you want to do all your self well be it. When at change.org, I originated at least 3000 emails, and at least 500 to 1,200 votes, since I contacted a friend of mine that runs a radio and networking site, to tell all his members, and he also contacted two other Internet radios. And additionally to that sent about 700 emails alone searching in my contact lists and my friends. I and my friends contacted even people I thought I never would contact. So at least a holla back would be nice to even look at what I built. No it is not a joke like maybe you thought it was, and there for haven't got a reply back. If my efforts don't count in this forums then just tell me so that I can find some other forums where I can serve of something. Thanks

ECW 01-24-2009 03:16 PM

Re: effort is worthless on this forums

Keep doing what your doing,this forum has turn into more of a daily social gathering, than efforts to get the DREAM Act pass.

WillieCas 01-24-2009 03:52 PM

I agree with ECW on that 100%. I have been following this board for years and over time people seem to lose hope its human nature what we need to do is inspire people some how and get them more involved but then that is easier said than done.

Ianus 01-24-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_smith (Post 117726)
In regards to a thread that was has probably been removed, and I replayed to it;

The thread was about gathering information for everyone by region. So I saw that everyone was giving their info on the forums, so I proposed to build something so that people can just fill out a form for privacy purposes, which took me two nights to build. So I went ahead and built it, and test it, and it is working. Then I sent a private message to Nick (PM) and yet I have not heard back from him. I was expecting at the very least some message back explaining what are the options, or at least tell me dude we don't need that or even request more info. But yet I been ignored. And I am not mad about is, in my opinion that just sucks, and If you want to do all your self well be it. When at change.org, I originated at least 3000 emails, and at least 500 to 1,200 votes, since I contacted a friend of mine that runs a radio and networking site, to tell all his members, and he also contacted two other Internet radios. And additionally to that sent about 700 emails alone searching in my contact lists and my friends. I and my friends contacted even people I thought I never would contact. So at least a holla back would be nice to even look at what I built. No it is not a joke like maybe you thought it was, and there for haven't got a reply back. If my efforts don't count in this forums then just tell me so that I can find some other forums where I can serve of something. Thanks

Your efforts DO count on this forum,just like all those who participated.I am sure Nick had his reasons for not getting back with you as of yet,but every pro-active Dreamer counts on this forum.

V Lol,not even a minute a part.See john_smith.

Nick 01-24-2009 04:48 PM

The thread you are referring to is http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9232.

DAP is NOT the organization collecting information in that thread. DREAMActivist.org were the ones who started the thread and they are the ones who you should direct your questions or complaints to.

You sent the message Thursday night. I have a lot of email and PM's to answer to on a daily basis. Have some patience.

It's good that you want to contribute where you can, but we have to follow a procedure at DAP and for reasons of security and quality assurance I cannot simply take code contributions from the community. At DAP we are working on an entirely different project that has nothing to do with collecting people's information and sorting it by region.

quaker 01-24-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_smith (Post 117726)

Eh, thanks for the effort. . . my understanding from the other thread was that you were going to wait to hear from someone about the need to create such a database, did not understand you were going to run with it regardless.

Like Nick said, the effort to get information on DAP members was not officially on the behalf of DAP, so no sense in PM'ing him with the info.

Thanks for the inititave though and keep up the good work.

john_smith 01-24-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECW (Post 117730)
Keep doing what your doing,this forum has turn into more of a daily social gathering, than efforts to get the DREAM Act pass.

Thanks, ..... I can see that... sadly that is not why I stick around, only to "get the DREAM Act pass" ,but I don't mind leaving the "daily social gathering" as a second option.

john_smith 01-24-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 117749)
You sent the message Thursday night. I have a lot of email and PM's to answer to on a daily basis.

Two days+, is that not enough time ?, At least a "I'll get back to you later" it fine by me.

Quote:

we have to follow a procedure at DAP and for reasons of security and quality assurance I cannot simply take code contributions from the community.

Quality assurance?, Security?

I understand your concerns about security. That's what the code was for in the first place. In no way can a plain text file harm you, and that was explicitly written in the message.

Quality assurance, did you even consider looking at what was proposed?, If not, then how can you assure de quality of the project?

Quote:

At DAP we are working on an entirely different project that has nothing to do with collecting people's information and sorting it by region.

I can understand that, and that was the one reason why I did the project, so that you didn't have to, becuase I know you are bussy in other things.

Bottom line, time was wasted, and you didn't have the courtesy to even look at the project which is fine because you can do whatever you want. Anyway, other members did get back to me when they saw this thread, so we are good.

Nick 01-24-2009 11:50 PM

...confrontation for confrontation's sake.

I have nothing more to say.