DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Site Bugs/Issues (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27793)

amoney3 05-22-2012 10:37 AM

Site Bugs/Issues

The first bug, which is quite annoying, is that posts do not sort them selves by the "Last Post" (date/time) in descending order. I find this extremely frustrating. In check DAinfo ever couple of hours to an hour, when I drill down to a section, I want to see the latest discussions on the top. I am not sure what order is being used now, but it is certainly not as helpful as sorting by Last Post. I have to sort it myself every time.

Second is when signing into the site because one attempted to perform an action that requires a user be signed in. After a user has signed in successfully, the site does not correctly redirect to the original destination that triggered the sign-in. I mean, the information is right there on the query string (destination=xxxxx/createpost.php...). Could this please be fixed - it currently kicks back to the homepage when signed in. I can offer to fix it if you (the ADMIN) doesn't have time.

Nick 05-22-2012 03:38 PM

Re: Site Bugs/Issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoney3 (Post 256283)
The first bug, which is quite annoying, is that posts do not sort them selves by the "Last Post" (date/time) in descending order. I find this extremely frustrating. In check DAinfo ever couple of hours to an hour, when I drill down to a section, I want to see the latest discussions on the top. I am not sure what order is being used now, but it is certainly not as helpful as sorting by Last Post. I have to sort it myself every time.

Second is when signing into the site because one attempted to perform an action that requires a user be signed in. After a user has signed in successfully, the site does not correctly redirect to the original destination that triggered the sign-in. I mean, the information is right there on the query string (destination=xxxxx/createpost.php...). Could this please be fixed - it currently kicks back to the homepage when signed in. I can offer to fix it if you (the ADMIN) doesn't have time.

The sort order you are describing is only in effect in the News section. This was done to keep news in chronological order. The Lounge and other sections should sort by latest reply. If there is more interest in this I can change the sort order of the News section to be by latest reply.

The second was an intentional (and a bad) decision from back in the day. I'll be turning that off once we get the server move sorted.

amoney3 05-22-2012 04:20 PM

I believe there is a lot a of interest for the first option if less technical users on the site think about what I am saying and if it impacts them. I am curious as to how you define "chronological" order for news items that are posted by users. If it's simply based on the original post time, then you might as well fix it to sort by the last-post, as I believe newer news items will generally be on the first page alongside "hot news item." If you would rather leave the sorting as-is, can you at least ajax a call to sort by last post, and when a user (me in this case) clicks to sort as that, chances are it the response is ready and the sorting will be much faster than having to wait for a whole new page load, after just waiting for the chronological/regular sorted version to load.

To the second one - good to hear. I will keep an eye out for it.

Rev_Scholar 05-23-2012 04:45 PM

Here is another bug: it does not let you post images. A little webpage dialog pops up saying "access denied."

Nick 05-23-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev_Scholar (Post 256435)
Here is another bug: it does not let you post images. A little webpage dialog pops up saying "access denied."

That's probably a problem with the server move. What do you mean by post images, can you please describe the steps exactly?

Rev_Scholar 05-24-2012 04:06 PM

When you are typing in a reply (like i am right now in this box), there is an image button which is next to the "insert link" button, but before the quote button. You would click the button, and you *normally* would've entered the website link of the image you'd want the insert. But now, the little dialog box that pops up only says "access denied."

carnivore 05-27-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev_Scholar (Post 256535)
When you are typing in a reply (like i am right now in this box), there is an image button which is next to the "insert link" button, but before the quote button. You would click the button, and you *normally* would've entered the website link of the image you'd want the insert. But now, the little dialog box that pops up only says "access denied."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a005e026e3.jpg

Rev_Scholar 05-27-2012 01:48 PM

Oh wait, i just found out that it now lets you copy and past images directly here now. As far as i know, this wasn't possible before.

Nick 05-29-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev_Scholar (Post 256784)
Oh wait, i just found out that it now lets you copy and past images directly here now. As far as i know, this wasn't possible before.

Yes, that might be the case, I've updated the software running the forum.

h3wlett 06-03-2012 12:51 PM