DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

choukette 10-25-2012 01:33 PM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayman2717 (Post 352587)
hi
my friend replied to rfe on october 22 and received apprval on october 24 from texas service center. she was lacking proof for between 2007 to 2012. she got couple affidavit and receipt from motel .

wow looks like when u get rfe it means they are close to making a decision in ur case so as soon as u send them the request it doesn't take long to make an approval. So the lesson here is to be prepared for a potential RFE, so that u answer it fast and get approved quickly.

shiro13 10-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

hi
my friend replied to rfe on october 22 and received apprval on october 24 from texas service center. she was lacking proof for between 2007 to 2012. she got couple affidavit and receipt from motel .

When did she get the notice and then the letters? People who got RFE noticed from TSC haven't received their letters yet.

shdungalia 10-25-2012 01:48 PM

i checked my status online right now and it said that on October 25
(which is today) they mailed a letter requesting more information for my i-821D application, after almost a month for my biometrics, well at least i now know
they are working on my case lol i did submit as much information on my presence here around the date of june 15 2012 for the fact that i was not much informed but ill just wait and see what they really asking for, ill be posting here once i get it, anyone got accepted on their work permit while getting a RFE? or u need to get approved on i-821D first? ive seen some people getting approved for work permit before their i-821D but they didnt get a RFE? idk just curious, im confided i have evidence good luck to everyone else, and my work permit application still says they received it the 08/28/12 and its on initial review

uc_ag 10-25-2012 01:53 PM

I received the same letter as IAMAmerican (insufficient evidence for June 15th 2012)

Here's what I don't understand
- I submitted a receipt with name, address, date (june 15th) and
- A postmarked letter dated June 9th

Was not working at that time, no bank account. Basically that was the only precise evidence I had and apparently wasn't enough

Thoughts?

arclite 10-25-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shdungalia (Post 352637)
i checked my status online right now and it said that on October 25
(which is today) they mailed a letter requesting more information for my i-821D application, after almost a month for my biometrics, well at least i now know
they are working on my case lol i did submit as much information on my presence here around the date of june 15 2012 for the fact that i was not much informed but ill just wait and see what they really asking for, ill be posting here once i get it, anyone got accepted on their work permit while getting a RFE? or u need to get approved on i-821D first? ive seen some people getting approved for work permit before their i-821D but they didnt get a RFE? idk just curious, im confided i have evidence good luck to everyone else, and my work permit application still says they received it the 08/28/12 and its on initial review

You wont get approve on either until you respond to the rfe. Your i765 will stay in Initial Review until then. Many of us have been approved within days after responding to rfes.

arclite 10-25-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uc_ag (Post 352643)
I received the same letter as IAMAmerican (insufficient evidence for June 15th 2012)

Here's what I don't understand
- I submitted a receipt with name, address, date (june 15th) and
- A postmarked letter dated June 9th

Was not working at that time, no bank account. Basically that was the only precise evidence I had and apparently wasn't enough

Thoughts?

Its possible that they may have missed or overlook your evidence. I would resubmit that evidence along with any other new evidence that you have. What I did was drew an arrow to the dates on my marriage certifacate. I also sent them a blown up copy of a receipt to make it clearer. Some people highlight the dates. On some documents the dates dont stand out well or the copies may not be clear.

soniadlc86 10-25-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

hi

Can you share more information about your friend's case, some of us are strugling to get evidence for continous residence.

Smarty 10-25-2012 06:12 PM

Guys i just checked my status! and it says i got an rfe!!!

Smarty 10-25-2012 06:23 PM

I didnt get any text or email, and i just checked online and it said they sent an rfe.

choukette 10-25-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 353064)
I didnt get any text or email, and i just checked online and it said they sent an rfe.

ok as u wait for the mail, in the mean time start gathering evidence for 5 years continuous residency and presence on June 15. Also u could translate what u originally did not or start looking for what u did not send with ur pack. Good luck!

MoroccanDreamer 10-25-2012 08:00 PM

so now what happened after RFE is delivered what should i Expect.

nena1625 10-25-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoroccanDreamer (Post 353167)
so now what happened after RFE is delivered what should i Expect.

On my RFE immigration is requesting evidence from 07 to current since my lwawyer didn't submit the info I had provided lol I know he didnt submit because his staff (paralegal) politely requested to get copies of everything again :shock: I used a lawyer to save time and errors! What a waste of 2000 dlls! lol Now I laugh it has been a big slap to my face!

MoroccanDreamer 10-25-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nena1625 (Post 353176)
On my RFE immigration is requesting evidence from 07 to current since my lwawyer didn't submit the info I had provided lol I know he didnt submit because his staff (paralegal) politely requested to get copies of everything again :shock: I used a lawyer to save time and errors! What a waste of 2000 dlls! lol Now I laugh it has been a big slap to my face!

i was always contradicting the use of lawyers in this case, and everyone else was on my ass telling me nonsense that we only have one shot at this and we should be extra cautious and hire a lawyer, what the hell is a lawyer going to do fo u, we are not going to trials or facing a ruling by a judge, this case is based on standard requirements, if u meet them u win, if u dont, do not think about applying, lawyers r expensive and waste of money. i didnt have a lawyer and i got an RFE but i didnt worry about it because i was still meeting all the requirements and that what made me strong and confident about it, not the proof of presence cause that was crystal clear.

Marco Escobardreamer 10-25-2012 08:39 PM

FOR THOSE WHO DONT STUDY THE CASES NUMBERS OR RESEARCH THEM LIKE MY SELF I HAVE RECENTLY KNOW EST THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN LOOKING AT ANY NEW CASES= CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG...MY PREDICTION IS THAT THEY ARE NOW FOCUSING ON THE RFE CASES SO THAT THEY DONT PACK TONS OF RFE CASES in one Hand is good for all of us because the means when they get the evidence they're asking for will either be approve or decline we won't have to wait another 1 or 2

Marco Escobardreamer 10-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marco escobardreamer (Post 353214)
for those who dont study the cases numbers or research them like my self i have recently know est that they have not been looking at any new cases= correct me if im wrong...my prediction is that they are now focusing on the rfe cases so that they dont pack tons of rfe cases in one hand is good for all of us because the means when they get the evidence they're asking for will either be approve or decline we won't have to wait another 1 or 2

months

nena1625 10-25-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Escobardreamer (Post 353216)
months

I sure hope so Marco, I did noticed that California has slow down lotsssss and that kinda worries me!

nena1625 10-25-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoroccanDreamer (Post 353188)
i was always contradicting the use of lawyers in this case, and everyone else was on my ass telling me nonsense that we only have one shot at this and we should be extra cautious and hire a lawyer, what the hell is a lawyer going to do fo u, we are not going to trials or facing a ruling by a judge, this case is based on standard requirements, if u meet them u win, if u dont, do not think about applying, lawyers r expensive and waste of money. i didnt have a lawyer and i got an RFE but i didnt worry about it because i was still meeting all the requirements and that what made me strong and confident about it, not the proof of presence cause that was crystal clear.

I wanted to be extra safe, I meet all the guides, and I have a SS # since 88 when I was born my dad has been on this side since 87 and also has two previous cases pending with immigration since 97 and I just wanted to be on the safe side of anything going bad. But trust me I feel the slap in my face!

zonryzita 10-25-2012 10:48 PM

Question about RFE... is it after or before biometrics?

Hi. Just wondering. Would a DACA applicant get an RFE before biometrics or after? Also, has anyone gotten a RFE for not having sent in the 2 passport size pics?

zonryzita 10-25-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choukette (Post 348598)
What u need to understand is that an officer looking at ur case will take that as proof of student status not proof of continuous residency. I am no big shot lawyer but on USCIS.COM they put proof of student status and proof of continuous residency separate because they want to see separate evidence for each category.

meaning you can't take school papers to provide proof of continuous residency for five years. It might make sense in the real world but to USCIS those are two different categories that fall under two different guidelines and thus should be accounted for separately. Good news is it's not that bad. Just go back to the website and read what they ask as evidence for continuous residency....find those things and send them. If u don't have them, get creative use emails facebook ebay amazon invoice to help u. good luck!

But I do think that school transcripts will serve as proof of continuous presence, because on the transcripts, it has a record of how many days you were present or absent during that school year. And if you weren't absent that much, then it proves that you were present in school, which means you were present in the USA. And also, remember, school years cover parts of 2 years. For example, the '06/'07 school year covers the last part of the '06 calendar year (August - December 2006) and the first 6 months of the '07 calendar year (January - June). So, yes, I certainly think that school records will also be validated to prove continuous presence. I'm sure that USCIS is aware that a middle-schooler usually doesn't have too many "receipts" or "bills" in his name because he's a student. Can't expect him to produce all the evidence that someone between the ages of 18-30 produce. Just sayin'.

Smarty 10-25-2012 11:18 PM

So guys how have you dealt with rfe? I got one today. I really thought I sent everything that was required! Can't wait to get the letter now. Waiting and waiting! This wait is 10x worst!

IAmAmerican 10-25-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmAmerican (Post 352050)
Alright guys. I've been keeping up with this thread. I've been applying myself. And received a RFE -____-

Submitted:
-Bachelors degree diploma
-Associates degree diploma
-College transcripts
-Previous EAD
-ALL school ID's
-Passport from native country (and expired ones)
-Driver license
-Previous I20s
-Translated birth certificate
-Utility bills (unsure if June)
-SS card

I don't want to hire any atty.. I know finding one who is not a financial scavenger is quite the task. I've seen it firsthand. I would rather do it myself and want to get it right. Attached is the photo of my letter which looks different. They are asking for evidence that I was here around or at 6/15/12. They also put "you may still submit evidence which may include but not limited too ..... What exactly should I submit? Should i submit all on this list (if possible)? I need specific details :(((

Pic below:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sol/letter.jpg

I'll be submitting more evidence of being here at around 7/2012. Hopefully will be sending it off tomorrow:

-Paystubs for some of 2011 - July 2012
-Copies of Power bills for 2011-2012
-Cell phone bills for around 6-7/2012
-Facebook pics close to that time (2)
-Bank statements for 2011-2012
-Copy for a hotel bill in Tampa, FL on 7/13-15/2012 lol
*Hopefully ill be able to find a hospital bill for 6/2012 which I have laying around
* I was thinking of submitting copies of all my passport pages (NONE showing any visa. I haven't left the country since 1990) but think that might be overkill

Wish me luck!

Oasis 10-26-2012 01:19 AM

The point is to overkill so they have no more doubt!

hooney 10-26-2012 01:23 AM

Those of you who gotten RFE, can you submit your info in this format:

-----

Username: (JOHNDOE101)
EWI: (YES/NO)
Application Delivered: (MM/DD/YY)
I-1145 Received: (MM/DD/YY)
Service Center: (Vermont/Nebraska/Texas/California)
Biometric Done: (MM/DD/YY)

Original Evidence: List all of your evidence before the RFE.

RFE Notice Date: (MM/DD/YY)
RFE Reason: (Didn't sign forms; need more proof for 5 year con't, etc)
RFE Response: (Your response to the RFE; EX. I sent more proof)
RFE Sent Date: (Your response date MM/DD/YY)
RFE Delivered: (MM/DD/YY)

Follow-up/Comment: (Any follow-ups, or your thoughts and comments)

Approval: (TBA/Approved Date/Denied Date)

-----

Thank you.

arclite 10-26-2012 06:47 AM

Re: Question about RFE... is it after or before biometrics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonryzita (Post 353375)
Hi. Just wondering. Would a DACA applicant get an RFE before biometrics or after? Also, has anyone gotten a RFE for not having sent in the 2 passport size pics?

After biometrics is when they examine your application and evidence to see whether to approve you or issue a RFE.

Fguti87 10-26-2012 08:15 AM

Username: Fguti87
EWI: NO– Visa Overstay
Application Delivered: 08/20/2012
I-1145 Received: 08/22/2012
Service Center: Nebraska
Biometric Done: 09/21/2012
-Passport
-i94
-Certified translated Birth certificate
-High school transcript plus ids for all four year.
-College transcript
-2011 tax returns

RFE Notice Date: 10/17/2012
RFE Reason: Not enough evidence to show continues residency for the year 2012
RFE Response: Sent bank and credit card statements for the year 2012, as well as pay-check statement for the year 2012. All of which cover me from January 2012 until the present time, accompanied by a sign affidavit.
RFE Sent Date: 10/22/2012
RFE Delivered: 10/23/2012

Approval: 10/26/2012

Just minutes ago my time received a text message saying that my case has been updated. Go into the USCIS website to check and it say that they have ordered the production of my card, words fail to describe the feelings I have. Alright, it's finally my turn to have that piece of the pie.

I wish everyone else the best of luck and don't forget to keep your head up.

arclite 10-26-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fguti87 (Post 353757)
-Passport
-i94
-College transcript
-2011 tax returns

RFE Response: Sent bank and credit card statements for the year 2012, as well as pay-check statement for the year 2012. All of which cover me from January 2012 until the present time, accompanied by a sign affidavit.

Just minutes ago my time received a text message saying that my case has been updated. Go into the USCIS website to check and it say that they have ordered the production of my card, words fail to describe the feelings I have. Alright, it's finally my turn to have that piece of the pie.

Congratz and welcome to the club

Jorge510 10-26-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

-Passport
-i94
-College transcript
-2011 tax returns

Congrats we have the same RFE time lines, just mine is in Cali, i hope today is my day to.

gabrielnovsky 10-26-2012 11:08 AM

Approved just now after rfe!!!! So happyyyy

gabrielnovsky 10-26-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabrielnovsky (Post 350087)
rfe notice date: 10/15
rfe reason: Cont' residence for the years of 2007 to 2010
rfe response: Bank statments for each month since 2007, paytubs for each month since 2007, letters, marry certificate from 2009, opened company receipt in 2007 and renewed in 2009, rental contract in 2007-2008. It will be like 150 pages package of evidence. I made a summary page and place in the front of every year to be easy for them to find the dates on the documents.
Rfe sent date: 10/22
rfe delivered: 10/23 signed by m. Hazuda

approved today!!

HOPEFULDREAMER 10-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabrielnovsky (Post 353849)

Congratulations!!!! :)

DreamAlive 10-26-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge510 (Post 353838)
Congrats we have the same RFE time lines, just mine is in Cali, i hope today is my day to.

Mine was delivered on Saturday and got the message Monday that they had received it. I have yet to get approved ): idk what's taking them so long! )=

gabrielnovsky 10-26-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamAlive (Post 353868)
Mine was delivered on Saturday and got the message Monday that they had received it. I have yet to get approved ): idk what's taking them so long! )=

i never had the txt or update that they received and went straight to post decision activity, and my i785 that i couldn't see before now its on card production.

nena1625 10-26-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamAlive (Post 353868)

I dont know why but california is very slow now! if you see there hasnt been lots of approval this week. I replied to my RFE on 10/18 and I 'm also waiting :(..

Cali Team!

DreamAlive 10-26-2012 12:50 PM

Maybe next week I guess ):

hooney 10-26-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

-Passport
-i94
-College transcript
-2011 tax returns

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabrielnovsky (Post 353849)

Congrats!! Updated your infos!

Oleffj 10-26-2012 01:14 PM

after getting my RFE and approval. The Post Office decided to lose my EAD and lucky found it a week later. Gonna celebrate Tonight!!!!!!!!

Smarty 10-26-2012 01:15 PM

So is it true that majority of rfes are for con't presense from 2007 to jun 2012?

gabrielnovsky 10-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 353990)
So is it true that majority of rfes are for con't presense from 2007 to jun 2012?

Yes I think so,mine was 2007 to 2010

Shapeshift0827 10-26-2012 01:58 PM

Greetings,

I getting my evidence ready as I wait for the mail to arrive to know what they are asking for. I got a couple of questions regarding sending credit card and bank statements:

1. Say they ask for the years 2008 to 2012, do I send my all my monthly statements (Jan to Dec), or should I pick 3-4 statements from the year?

2. Did you guys black out/ hide your account number in the statements?

Shapeshift0827 10-26-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshift0827 (Post 354073)
Greetings,

I getting my evidence ready as I wait for the mail to arrive to know what they are asking for. I got a couple of questions regarding sending credit card and bank statements:

1. Say they ask for the years 2008 to 2012, do I send my all my monthly statements (Jan to Dec), or should I pick 3-4 statements from the year?

2. Did you guys black out/ hide your account number in the statements?

Also, Chase luckily allows you to download and print all your statements since you opened your account, will printing it from my computer be enough or do I need to go to a chase bank to have it notarized?