DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

Alex_lx 01-18-2013 05:05 PM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 411022)
If the transactions and payments have your name and address usually they work. so, you don't have bank account that you could print bank statements from?

The rent contracts as long as they have your name.

I took a CPR class in 2011. But it doesn't have my full name, it says Alex instead of Alejandro can I send that? All the papers ive send before had my full name.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-18-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 411958)
I took a CPR class in 2011. But it doesn't have my full name, it says Alex instead of Alejandro can I send that? All the papers ive send before had my full name.

On your application under other names used did you write Alex? Does it have your name. Send it in as long as it won't any confusion.

Alex_lx 01-18-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412166)
On your application under other names used did you write Alex? Does it have your name. Send it in as long as it won't any confusion.

I did not. I always fill out all papers with my full name. I don't remember why that has Alex..
Should I still send it? I really don't have anything else. I have 2012 covered.
And 2011 I have my matricula ID and that CPR card thats all. And after June 2010 I have nothing at all just my mom taxes :/

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-18-2013 11:46 PM

Well send it. If that's what you have after searching than that's what you have. You can get people to write you two affidavits for that period of time too. To compliment what you have.

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412206)
Well send it. If that's what you have after searching than that's what you have. You can get people to write you two affidavits for that period of time too. To compliment what you have.

Where do I get an affidavits?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 01:34 AM

You can get them from workplaces, places you volunteered, or people that know you that can vouch for you for that period of time. Teachers, colleagues.

It is basically a statement written by them signed and dated. JJGLO I think posted a template. But, I have to look for it.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthrea...020#post411020

It doesnt' have to be two affidavits it can be one. Just as long as is from someone that has known you from that period of time.

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412259)
You can get them from workplaces, places you volunteered, or people that know you that can vouch for you for that period of time. Teachers, colleagues.

It is basically a statement written by them signed and dated. JJGLO I think posted a template. But, I have to look for it.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthrea...020#post411020

It doesnt' have to be two affidavits it can be one. Just as long as is from someone that has known you from that period of time.

Can It be from my friends dad?

I just saw the template does it have to be exactly like that.? Where do I get them or do they just type them themselves.?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 02:23 AM

http://www.e4fc.org/dacaguide.html

Yes your friends dad can write one for you. It doesn't have to be exactly like that but it gives you an idea of what to put. They type it for you make sure is signed and dated.

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412268)
http://www.e4fc.org/dacaguide.html

Yes your friends dad can write one for you. It doesn't have to be exactly like that but it gives you an idea of what to put. They type it for you make sure is signed and dated.

Does he just write that he knows me? From that date to this date?
I really don't see how that is eligible. Cause some people can lie

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 02:43 AM

Well that is why the affidavit has to be detailed. If you look at the template you should include information about how, where, and why the person knows you. They should be writing it. It is also better if they are USC or if you know them in a professional matter. If USCIS thinks is suspicious or not enough they will send you another RFE requesting more information and if they believe fraud has occurred they might and can request to interview you in person or that person. Ideally you would have the letter notarized. But, it doesn't have to be. So, make sure you are not lying or else is considered fraud.

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412279)
Well that is why the affidavit has to be detailed. If you look at the template you should include information about how, where, and why the person knows you. They should be writing it. It is also better if they are USC or if you know them in a professional matter. If USCIS thinks is suspicious or not enough they will send you another RFE requesting more information and if they believe fraud has occurred they might and can request to interview you in person or that person. Ideally you would have the letter notarized. But, it doesn't have to be. So, make sure you are not lying or else is considered fraud.

Ok do i pick one up at a couthouse does it have to be a specific one?

Or do I just type the whole thing?

IronMaidenRules 01-19-2013 02:12 PM

quick question.... ive been waiting since sept 11.... is it possible to get a rfe after 4 months of waiting ?

Texdaddreamer 01-19-2013 02:33 PM

Of course it is possible. Although the possibility is minimal as the time progresses

butterflynans 01-19-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules (Post 412425)
quick question.... ive been waiting since sept 11.... is it possible to get a rfe after 4 months of waiting ?

Yes it is. I haven't heard anything on my case but I was checking the 10 cases before me and after me.. Mostly all had been approved but mine and 1 other the other got an RFE 1/5 I thought I was gonna hear something soon after, but nada yet

IronMaidenRules 01-19-2013 03:04 PM

i checked the cases before and after mine and most of em were all approved...only a few received on sept 12 still in initial review...

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 412263)
Can It be from my friends dad?

I just saw the template does it have to be exactly like that.? Where do I get them or do they just type them themselves.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 412412)
Ok do i pick one up at a couthouse does it have to be a specific one?

Or do I just type the whole thing?

^So Use the template that JJGLO posted on the other post. You said you saw it so just follow it or give it to your friends dad for them to type it up. Have them sit with you and type it up. OR IN YOUR CASE THOUGH I think is better if you can go to a public notary (use google to search for "public notary and then name of your city & call around for prices and if they know how to do affidavits for Deferred action and make an appointment) with your friends dad so they can type if up for you OR find a local non-profit immigration aid or legal aid foundation to help you.

You seem to be very confused about the process. How old are you? What city and state do you live? Maybe other members in here can help recommend a place for you to go to get help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules (Post 412425)

Yes, you can still receive an RFE. Many people applied during the first couple of months and some people walked in so I think there is just a backlog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterflynans (Post 412433)
Yes it is. I haven't heard anything on my case but I was checking the 10 cases before me and after me.. Mostly all had been approved but mine and 1 other the other got an RFE 1/5 I thought I was gonna hear something soon after, but nada yet

So, you got an RFE butterfly?

Allthatnmore 01-19-2013 05:01 PM

It doesnt matter how long youve been waiting, they just havent looked at your case, once they do theyll either approve you or request more evidence frOm you, just because you have waited so lond doesnt mean you will not be RFEd.

IronMaidenRules 01-19-2013 05:08 PM

thanks !

cici88 01-19-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterflynans (Post 412433)

Same here. I recently checked the numbers right after mine one got approvedon jan 18th and the other zany 15th.

lc4l 01-19-2013 06:42 PM

do i write out an RFE in a piece of line paper? will the guy who notarizes it type it up for me??

or do i print out a template and fill out the gaps with ink??

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412458)
^So Use the template that JJGLO posted on the other post. You said you saw it so just follow it or give it to your friends dad for them to type it up. Have them sit with you and type it up. OR IN YOUR CASE THOUGH I think is better if you can go to a public notary (use google to search for "public notary and then name of your city & call around for prices and if they know how to do affidavits for Deferred action and make an appointment) with your friends dad so they can type if up for you OR find a local non-profit immigration aid or legal aid foundation to help you.

You seem to be very confused about the process. How old are you? What city and state do you live? Maybe other members in here can help recommend a place for you to go to get help.

I'm 20 in Turlock California. I understand the whole process. I just don't really understand an affidavit to well.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 412535)
I'm 20 in Turlock California. I understand the whole process. I just don't really understand an affidavit to well.

Turlock is a really small town. If you can't find a good public notary there or help maybe you can travel up to Modesto.

There are a couple types of evidence you can provide uscis.

Primary-school documents & government documents with your name, address, and date.

Secondary-credit card receipts, bank statements, and rental agreements that have your name, address, and date.

Circumstantial- Affidavits, parents taxes, facebook check ins and social media, pictures.

An affidavit is a sworn statement from someone (friend, church leader, coach, mentor, boss, community leader) that has persona knowledge of you being here.

Here is an explanation from some lawyers:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/ar...n--882119.html

You can use the template JJGLO posted or you can find a public notary in turlock.

There are also some nonprofits that Depatment of Justice has listed that you can call up for help:
http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub...htm#CALIFORNIA

http://www.rescue.org/us-program/us-...-california-ca

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412549)
Turlock is a really small town. If you can't find a good public notary there or help maybe you can travel up to Modesto.

There are a couple types of evidence you can provide uscis.

Primary-school documents & government documents with your name, address, and date.

Secondary-credit card receipts, bank statements, and rental agreements that have your name, address, and date.

Circumstantial- Affidavits, parents taxes, facebook check ins and social media, pictures.

An affidavit is a sworn statement from someone (friend, church leader, coach, mentor, boss, community leader) that has persona knowledge of you being here.

Here is an explanation from some lawyers:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/ar...n--882119.html

You can use the template JJGLO posted or you can find a public notary in turlock.

There are also some nonprofits that Depatment of Justice has listed that you can call up for help:
http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub...htm#CALIFORNIA

http://www.rescue.org/us-program/us-...-california-ca

I have some receipts from auto repair shops. Do I make copies of those? Or send the original

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-19-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 412556)
I have some receipts from auto repair shops. Do I make copies of those? Or send the original

USCIS request you send copies of everything and never send original documents unless they specifically request to see original documents. Who helped you with your DACA application? Do you work? Are you currently attending college since you are 20?

Alex_lx 01-19-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 412558)
USCIS request you send copies of everything and never send original documents unless they specifically request to see original documents. Who helped you with your DACA application? Do you work? Are you currently attending college since you are 20?

Started working last year. I did the application my self. I did go to some meeting in Stockton where they help you

Not in college yet.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-20-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 410107)
So, they only want 2010, 2011, 2012. Try to gather information that covers every 3 months of each year at least.
So, rent contract is good. I would use your cell phone bills if they are under your name. I would use your mom's taxes as a last resort.

How about bank account statements?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 410937)
They want info from June 2010 to June 2012 . I really don't have anything.
Just rent contracts.
And receive my Matricula ID on April 2011

I made a lot of iTunes purchases? I don't know if that would work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_lx (Post 412613)
Started working last year. I did the application my self. I did go to some meeting in Stockton where they help you

Not in college yet.

Looking back at your old comments. Are your rent contracts really explicit. Like they say that you have 1 year contract to live in the apartment. Because if they are explicit like that you can use them to cover the whole year. Your itunes puchases too if they have your name you can send them. If you can get that to cover 2010 and 2011 and since you started working last year. You could send your paystubs or if you file taxes right now you can send the taxes to show you worked last year.

You can ask your landlord to write you an affidavit that you have lived there all this time or a regular letter if getting notarized will be too much.

or you can get your friends dad to write it for you.

Stockton is a much larger city and has tons of great resources. They have a catholic charities office listed in the Department of Justice link I sent you. In Stockton their is a great undocumented student group at Delta College. I think CRLA also has offices there. That way you can get free help or low cost help in person.

saint seiya 01-20-2013 12:44 AM

hey dudes so i got an RFE requesting evidence of continuous residence from 2009 - 2011 . My transcripts show i attended school during these years so i dont know why they are requesting this so im planning on re-sending my transcript along with amazon.com receipts of purchases for every month of those years. Do you guys know if USCIS accept amazon.com invoices or Paypal?

edit: I know im supposed to put the blue RFE sheet on top of the evidence but do i also put in there the 2nd page with the description of the RFE?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-20-2013 12:50 AM

My friend received a similar rfe for the years she was in school. I think what they want is the summers and semesters off she wasn't in school. At least is what she said. I didn't see the letter.

yes, amazon and paypal invoices are fine as long as its the print out that has your name and address.

saint seiya 01-20-2013 12:55 AM

I took summer classes at the college and are shown in the transcripts lol. Did you friend get approved?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 01-20-2013 01:03 AM

She just got it. So, she hasn't sent stuff in. but from what she was telling me they were being that specific. They wanted information from the time she was not in school.

saint seiya 01-20-2013 07:20 PM

regarding the blue sheet that goes on top of the evidence, do i send the 2nd sheet describing the rfe too or just the 1st blue sheet?

Sick 01-22-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint seiya (Post 412827)
regarding the blue sheet that goes on top of the evidence, do i send the 2nd sheet describing the rfe too or just the 1st blue sheet?

I didnt know the answer to this either, so I sent both.

jkristian25 01-22-2013 06:33 PM

I got a text today saying they sent me an RFE, now im guessing its because of coming to the states when i was 16. I came here Sept 28 and turned 17 on Oct 13th, i sent copy of my passport and the visa but it seems like it hasnt being enough.

jkristian25 01-22-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkristian25 (Post 413631)
I got a text today saying they sent me an RFE, now im guessing its because of coming to the states when i was 16. I came here Sept 28 and turned 17 on Oct 13th, i sent copy of my passport and the visa but it seems like it hasnt being enough.

Sorry i meant i turned 16th not 17th.

princesslala 01-22-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkristian25 (Post 413632)
Sorry i meant i turned 16th not 17th.

Wait, You came Sep 28 and turned 16 on October 13? If that's the case you were here before you turned 16 so I dont if that's the issue. I guess you'll just have to wait til you get the notice in the mail to see what exactly they need you to prove

Texdaddreamer 01-22-2013 08:16 PM

I don't think that's the issue (you entered before your 16th birthday anyways). I'm guessing they may want proof of continue residence. Were you here on Jun 15, 2007?

beans 01-22-2013 09:23 PM

I got RFE'd today :(

CrispFuture 01-22-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beans (Post 413725)
I got RFE'd today :(

What is your timeline.

beans 01-22-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrispFuture (Post 413726)
What is your timeline.

Application Received: November 5
Biometrics: December 6
RFE: January 22

California

princesslala 01-22-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beans (Post 413725)
i got rfe'd today :(

that sucks...what did u get rfe'd for?