DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

AlexanderMQ 11-24-2014 09:13 PM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 548228)
to you as well. doesn't sound like you will have a problem getting approved. it feels like such a weight until i hear something. i'm optimistic though. i hope i get the three years if i get accepted.

:-) yes we both will get the 3 years!

Robbert24 11-24-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwaiting (Post 537171)
Alex I'm soooo sorry. Why did you get denied? I'm getting so nervous now. I've been waiting for 90 days since they recieved my rfe. I can't believe they denied you

Hey there.... Any update on your case?
Mine and your case are alike with the long wait for a response after sending a RFE. Keep me updated yeah?

johnshop 12-03-2014 10:43 PM

has anyone here got hit with a RFE for their EAD after their DACA was approved? this is so weird :(

hualun 12-03-2014 11:55 PM

Hi everyone am new to this.

bomojo 12-20-2014 02:11 AM

Wondering what the heck they could need, I thought my packet was spot on =(

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Initial Applicant[/color]
Date Application Sent - September 2, 2014
The Lockbox the application was sent to - PHX
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - Certified Mail
Date acceptance letter of application received - By Email Received and Routed to Nebraska September 8, 2014
Received By Nebraska- letter sent September 9,2014
Date Biometrics scheduled - October 6,2014 went on appointment date
November 25th, 2014 Case was received at my local office (USCIS online Update)
December 11, 2014 My name was updated on I-821D (USCIS online update)
December 18th, 2014 Request for Evidence (USCIS online update) will receive by mail... Pending

Racer X 12-20-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 549890)
Wondering what the heck they could need, I thought my packet was spot on =(

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Initial Applicant[/color]
Date Application Sent - September 2, 2014
The Lockbox the application was sent to - PHX
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - Certified Mail
Date acceptance letter of application received - By Email Received and Routed to Nebraska September 8, 2014
Received By Nebraska- letter sent September 9,2014
Date Biometrics scheduled - October 6,2014 went on appointment date
November 25th, 2014 Case was received at my local office (USCIS online Update)
December 11, 2014 My name was updated on I-821D (USCIS online update)
December 18th, 2014 Request for Evidence (USCIS online update) will receive by mail... Pending

most rfe's come down to a few things. school records, explain arrest history, not enough evidence for a year(s), and need picture id(s)

bomojo 12-20-2014 06:43 PM

Kinda feel dumb right now. And upset. So it is insufficient evidence from 2008- filing date. What I missed and I woul have thought the lawyer that helped ( free DACA clinic) would've caught is that on every page of my evidence I need to have my name birthday ( which I had) but also the address of the clinic. I have been going to the doctor every 3 months since 2007 till present time - that was my most concerte form of evidence for proof of continuous residence. Do you guys think that by having the clinic put their address and having the doctor sign each sheet will be sufficient? I plan on calling USCIS and asking them too. :( I'm so bummed. I feel like it would've been approved if it weren't for that.

bomojo 12-21-2014 03:03 PM

I have a question : RFE - I want to send a copy of my lease agreements. Do I send the whole 9 page lease or just front copy and the page where we signed the agreement ?

Racer X 12-21-2014 04:29 PM

with almost everything you just need a date/ your first and last name/ the company or organization name of to be on the same evidence. you dont need to send the whole thing. they wont care about your whole deal, just those things.
you could also send letters, envelopes sent to you, and even a letter signed from them that you have been living there since said date. the more dates the better.

bomojo 12-21-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 549924)
with almost everything you just need a date/ your first and last name/ the company or organization name of to be on the same evidence. you dont need to send the whole thing. they wont care about your whole deal, just those things.

Thank you so much! I am putting whatever I can find with that info as backup evidence to my main doctor visits. I am going to over night it as soon as I have it all.

Racer X 12-21-2014 04:42 PM

if you have diverse evidence from different months, send it. also, you dont need a ton of it, dont worry if its just about five to six months worth for a year. thats more than enough.

bomojo 12-21-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer X (Post 549926)
if you have diverse evidence from different months, send it. also, you dont need a ton of it, dont worry if its just about five to six months worth for a year. thats more than enough.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I will update my time like once I get the RFE in the mail :)

AlexanderMQ 12-22-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 549935)
Thank you, I appreciate your help. I will update my time like once I get the RFE in the mail :)

good luck!!!! keep us updated once they give you a decision on your cases! :-D

bomojo 12-23-2014 11:01 PM

~RFE 12/18/14 (USCIS online update) will receive by mail
~RFE received letter -12/20/14
~Mailed out RFE - 12/23/2014

Happy Holidays Guys!! Good luck to anyone still pending a case, I will keep from checking updates till Monday to keep the stress away for a Merry Christmas!

igotaquestion 01-01-2015 03:49 AM

how long does it usually take for them to process teh case after you send them the RFE?

igotaquestion 01-01-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbert24 (Post 547901)
Hey you guys... well here is my timeline

Sept 20 2013---- Uscis recieved my application.
June 24, 2014---- Got hit with a RFE
July 24, 2014---- USCIS recieved RFE
Nov, 2014 still waiting....

whats your court disposition about if you dont mind me asking? i'm in a similar situation i think, mine is a third degree misdemeanor.

Racer X 01-01-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 550020)

Happy Holidays Guys!! Good luck to anyone still pending a case, I will keep from checking updates till Monday to keep the stress away for a Merry Christmas!

happy holidays :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotaquestion (Post 550386)
how long does it usually take for them to process teh case after you send them the RFE?

it all depends on how many cases they have and what your case is about. If it's about yearly evidence or an id it shouldn't take long. If it's about criminal history or something school related it could take longer. Expect around a month long wait at least

igotaquestion 01-01-2015 04:40 PM

oh ok how bad of a situation am i in with a third degree misdemeanor though? i think that's what the rfe is about.

Nisha00 01-07-2015 02:04 AM

never mind.

bomojo 01-08-2015 10:21 PM

Thank you GOD! My case was APPROVED WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Received RFE at CA lockbox - 12-29-2014
APPROVED 1/7/2015

AlexanderMQ 01-08-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 550726)
Thank you GOD! My case was APPROVED WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Received RFE at CA lockbox - 12-29-2014
APPROVED 1/7/2015

YAY congratz!!!!

bomojo 01-08-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMQ (Post 550733)
YAY congratz!!!!

Thank you! I'm so happy! I have so much to learn about what to do next!

AlexanderMQ 01-09-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 550736)
Thank you! I'm so happy! I have so much to learn about what to do next!

This is what i did....well once you receive your EAD card in the mail go to your local Social Security Administration office and apply for your SSN Card, you can print the SSN application online and fill it out or you can fill it out at the SSA office they will have the same form there (make sure to bring your original foreign birth certificate and passport and EAD card). Next once you receive your SSN Card in the mail ( it only took me 4-5 business days to recieve it, all varies) go to your DMV and apply for your State ID or Driver License, make sure you go online and find out in your state what you need to bring in order to get a State ID or Driver License. Start applying for Jobs and enjoy life :-)

bomojo 01-10-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMQ (Post 550761)
This is what i did....well once you receive your EAD card in the mail go to your local Social Security Administration office and apply for your SSN Card, you can print the SSN application online and fill it out or you can fill it out at the SSA office they will have the same form there (make sure to bring your original foreign birth certificate and passport and EAD card). Next once you receive your SSN Card in the mail ( it only took me 4-5 business days to recieve it, all varies) go to your DMV and apply for your State ID or Driver License, make sure you go online and find out in your state what you need to bring in order to get a State ID or Driver License. Start applying for Jobs and enjoy life :-)

Thank you!! Already life feels different, and all I have is an approval online LoL

AlexanderMQ 01-12-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomojo (Post 550808)
Thank you!! Already life feels different, and all I have is an approval online LoL

Your welcome!

kikibay92 02-14-2015 10:58 PM

just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

Somehow I missed question #8 on Part A of I-821D.

"Have you ever left the U.S. without advanced parole on or after January 1, 2014"

Do I have to fill in a new application? or just check "No" and return it?

Thank you.

igotaquestion 02-27-2015 02:15 AM

so was just approved this week the 23rd. about a month and a half after my card expired, my own fault for getting into trouble( had to wait for a copy of a certified court disposition ). jjust so glad that its been approved :)

heist_29 03-10-2015 06:20 PM

Hello everyone.... I just received a request for evidence proving my continuance stay in the us for the year 2012 and proof for June 15th 2012... I have several payment history for the whole 2012 year but nothing for the exact date of the 15th... will the monthly payments be enough?

Robbert24 03-31-2015 03:32 PM

Hey guys let me update u guys on my case... and if anyone knows of anyone whos been waiting as long as me please let me know

Initial Application
Sept. 30 2013----Application received by USCIS NEBRASKA
June 24 2014----- RFE
July 24 2014---- RFE Received by USCIS
March 31 2015-----Pending
19Months and still waiting.

bertdude7 03-31-2015 05:12 PM

I just received an RFE email that they are sending me a letter requesting "more evidence" Im a bit confused as to what it could be, I was approved the first time around with no issues and it was a speedy approval. Anyone else get an RFE for their renewal process? I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about them requesting, considering my case this time around is in Nebraska. I m hoping the adjudicator isn't an idiot and somehow isn't incompetent and just denies me my DACA. In the meantime, I will be extremely anxious until I receive the notice. Anyone know how long it takes for the RFE notice to arrive by mail?

vicisais 04-02-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertdude7 (Post 556513)
I just received an RFE email that they are sending me a letter requesting "more evidence" Im a bit confused as to what it could be, I was approved the first time around with no issues and it was a speedy approval. Anyone else get an RFE for their renewal process? I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about them requesting, considering my case this time around is in Nebraska. I m hoping the adjudicator isn't an idiot and somehow isn't incompetent and just denies me my DACA. In the meantime, I will be extremely anxious until I receive the notice. Anyone know how long it takes for the RFE notice to arrive by mail?

I got an rfe also for renewal application it was cuz my stupid attorney forget to answer a stupid question on the I 821d

bertdude7 04-03-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicisais (Post 556643)
I got an rfe also for renewal application it was cuz my stupid attorney forget to answer a stupid question on the I 821d

I hope it's something small like that, did they look at your case again as soon as they received your response? If so, were you approved fast?

igotaquestion 04-04-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbert24 (Post 556508)
Hey guys let me update u guys on my case... and if anyone knows of anyone whos been waiting as long as me please let me know

Initial Application
Sept. 30 2013----Application received by USCIS NEBRASKA
June 24 2014----- RFE
July 24 2014---- RFE Received by USCIS
March 31 2015-----Pending
19Months and still waiting.

what's the rfe about?

Robbert24 04-05-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotaquestion (Post 556733)
what's the rfe about?

It was for when i had got arrested in 2010 in high school but i got all charges dropped and it was supposed to get taken off my record and it still appeared so they asked about that i sent it in everything i had

Kari096 04-05-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbert24 (Post 556762)
It was for when i had got arrested in 2010 in high school but i got all charges dropped and it was supposed to get taken off my record and it still appeared so they asked about that i sent it in everything i had

Have you tried contacting USCIS? 19 months strikes me as justified reason to ask them to expedite.

Robbert24 04-05-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kari096 (Post 556771)
Have you tried contacting USCIS? 19 months strikes me as justified reason to ask them to expedite.

Ive contacted them every month since i sent my RFE this is what they say
"We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case." but doesnt make sense because they have been saying this since may of 2014

Kari096 04-05-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbert24 (Post 556772)
Ive contacted them every month since i sent my RFE this is what they say
"We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case." but doesnt make sense because they have been saying this since may of 2014

I am sure you have explained to them how long you've been waiting but can't you put in a service request? I have heard of dreamers who have put in service request for their renewals. I put in a service request back in January or early Feb I think for my i601a and they got back to me within a week. Have you tried calling the Ombudsman?

Kari096 04-05-2015 08:33 PM

This is especially fishy since, based on your description of your arrest, it would not be a disqualifer for DACA.

Kari096 04-05-2015 08:35 PM

Robbert 24,

have you tried contacting your congressman and asking them to look into for you? That's another thing I have heard dreamers do.

Robbert24 04-06-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kari096 (Post 556775)
Robbert 24,

have you tried contacting your congressman and asking them to look into for you? That's another thing I have heard dreamers do.

I have put in alot of service request one each month for the past like year and they tell me the same thing it doesnt make sense imma be two years that i have submitted the application and everytime i call they tell me what i already know so i dont know what else to do. all service request come back the same. i think im the only one who has waited this long to get a response.