DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Schumer Readies Plan B to Push Immigration Changes Unilaterally (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84921)

vft1008 05-04-2021 10:27 PM

Re: Schumer Readies Plan B to Push Immigration Changes Unilaterally

No one should put faith in politicians fixing your situation. Come up with a Plan B and go through with it if you are tired of waiting. Have no faith in congress, especially the R's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frbc13 (Post 759985)
anybody knows what's taking Judge Hanen so long to announce his decision? He's had like a couple years to figure it out.

He's being a pussy because he knows there will be huge backlash if he goes through with it.

Imthexman 05-05-2021 11:26 AM

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...n-111359557561

Well said Rachel

2MoreYears 05-05-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imthexman (Post 759994)

She makes a lot of sense! (MSNBC). There's no point in reaching out across the aisle. Republicans have no good faith intentions to make bipartisan negotiations and deals happen. They're deadbeat obstructionists.

thedelight21 05-05-2021 02:03 PM

So, what’s the hold up with passing something? Didn’t they say something would be passed in April? I thought Durban and Graham were on it again.

hDreamer1988 05-05-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

She makes a lot of sense! (MSNBC). There's no point in reaching out across the aisle. Republicans have no good faith intentions to make bipartisan negotiations and deals happen. They're deadbeat obstructionists.
Outside of a select few, I really don't see either side making good-faith deals in recent years. They try to push what going to get the most donations and not what actually has a chance to become law. I believe this issue is too profitable for most to actually try to resolve.

We give a lot of shit to the GOP but honestly, it's also the Dems. Both sides view the fight as more profitable than getting a solution.

With that said I think Durbin is legit in his desire to help dreamers, he has been at it for 20 years. I still hold more hope in his efforts than BR.

Smooth 05-05-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedelight21 (Post 759998)
So, what’s the hold up with passing something? Didn’t they say something would be passed in April? I thought Durban and Graham were on it again.

My thinking exactly. These dudes take their sweet ass time.

justjohnjustice1988 05-05-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 759996)

Rachel is a total partisan hack.

Had peddled conspiracy theories on MS"DNC"

Leftist fake news fake outrage machine

MSNBCs propaganda narrative: everything is racist and race is all we look at when reporting news. On and also Trump was a Russian spy :)

justjohnjustice1988 05-05-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 760002)

Yeah remember it's always negotiations to start negotiations.

Then more negotiations. Stumbles along the way.

I think the most tight lipped they are about their progress the better.

No leaks. Biden will sign anything.

vft1008 05-05-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedelight21 (Post 759998)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 760002)

You guys are gonna be saying the exact same thing when you are 55 year old Dreamer kids still without a GC.

Smooth 05-05-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vft1008 (Post 760006)
You guys are gonna be saying the exact same thing when you are 55 year old Dreamer kids still without a GC.

If I want you as my life coach, I’ll tell you.