DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Chat With Immigration Lawyer L. Scott (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28230)

Dukem88 06-20-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Chat With Immigration Lawyer L. Scott

Quote:

(4) be in high school, have graduated high school, have a GED, or be dishonorably discharged from the military at the time of the application (i.e. not necessarily by June 15, 2012.)
So that means you dont have to have ur GED by June 15th, just by the time of application? I would love to ask her that. Because although that seems clear to me, it is all I want to know.

lostpath 06-20-2012 08:23 PM

I've ask this question on another thread but wanted to ask again just to be sure, I have proof of entry and mostly every year except for 2008 I can't find any documents that would prove I was here will that one year be a problem or will they just ignore that.

Dukem88 06-20-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostpath (Post 262346)
I've ask this question on another thread but wanted to ask again just to be sure, I have proof of entry and mostly every year except for 2008 I can't find any documents that would prove I was here will that one year be a problem or will they just ignore that.

i think u just have to prove you were here before 16, then prove you were here consecutively since 2007.

txgirl 06-20-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dreamORnot2dream (Post 262344)
What happens to these people after the PD expires/ends? Are they placed in deportation or is the PD renewed? Is it possible to get permanent residency when being on PD (without marriage, family, work sponsorship)?

The work permit approved by a PD offer is usually good for once year and it can be renewed but nothing more no permanent resident or anything comes from it ONLY work permit but it's extremely hard for DHS to approve it you have to have pretty much and extreme and usually hardship like I said we have request it before and we have yet to receive an answer and or approval.

will_con 06-20-2012 09:43 PM

Thank you for posting this! Hopefully this will stop the "I have a DUI" questions.

I do wonder what she thinks on using false docs

DreamerSD23 06-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txgirl (Post 262363)
The work permit approved by a PD offer is usually good for once year and it can be renewed but nothing more no permanent resident or anything comes from it ONLY work permit but it's extremely hard for DHS to approve it you have to have pretty much and extreme and usually hardship like I said we have request it before and we have yet to receive an answer and or approval.

Are you saying that it's extremely hard to get approved for an EAD?

txgirl 06-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 262388)
Are you saying that it's extremely hard to get approved for an EAD?

To get an EAD through Prosecutorial Discretion yes it is pretty hard or at least I have yet to see it happen. If you look in my previous responses we were talking about removal proceedings and prosecutorial discretion

Demise 06-20-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nydreamer (Post 262337)
Has Laurel by any chance mentored anyone in New York? LOL.
At the very least, do you happen to know if she has highly recommended any lawyers in New York? I am absolutely in love with her obvious dedication and knowledge. NEED/WANT someone like her BADLY!

I will be seeing a good lawyer in NY soon, will make sure to ask him (one of the jewish lawyers with contacts everywhere) about the deferred action thing. If you feel like you want me to ask him something just PM me.

DreamerSD23 06-20-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txgirl (Post 262393)
To get an EAD through Prosecutorial Discretion yes it is pretty hard or at least I have yet to see it happen. If you look in my previous responses we were talking about removal proceedings and prosecutorial discretion

I'm sorry, but is Prosecutorial Discretion the same thing we (DREAMers under 30) applying for 60 days from now?

If it is then why did Obama make a fuss about employment authorization?

Swim19 06-20-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 262396)
I'm sorry, but is Prosecutorial Discretion the same thing we (DREAMers under 30) applying for 60 days from now?

If it is then why did Obama make a fuss about employment authorization?

No - we will be applying for deferred action, which is different.