DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My VAWA was approved. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84638)

Demise 11-10-2020 03:44 PM

My VAWA was approved.
 
2 years, 2 months, 20 days, and an RFE later, I did it. Now I just need to terminate my removal proceedings (currently admin closed) and file for AOS.

https://i.imgur.com/pWg7PjC.png

lalaland45 11-10-2020 03:57 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Congratulations!

Swim19 11-10-2020 04:02 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Yay!!

bigdreamer2010 11-10-2020 04:14 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Turn up. We’re happy for you

2Face 11-10-2020 04:21 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Isn't Wawa like a bus or something lmfao....jk..there she is from downtown! Congrats. Does this mean you got a GC?

Demise 11-10-2020 04:40 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 753795)
Isn't Wawa like a bus or something lmfao....jk..there she is from downtown! Congrats. Does this mean you got a GC?

Not yet, but I am close right now. Just need a motion to terminate and once that's approved just file for AOS.

I did the hardest part in the entire process, everything from hereon out will be a cakewalk by comparison.

KingGeorge 11-10-2020 04:54 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 753790)
2 years, 2 months, 20 days, and an RFE later, I did it. Now I just need to terminate my removal proceedings (currently admin closed) and file for AOS.

https://i.imgur.com/pWg7PjC.png

congrats, what evidence did you present if you don't mind

2MoreYears 11-10-2020 06:11 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Congrats! You deserve it.

Demise 11-10-2020 06:21 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingGeorge (Post 753800)
congrats, what evidence did you present if you don't mind

  • Initial application:
  • I-360
  • Self-affidavit / cover letter
  • Copy of ex's US passport
  • Copy of I-130 approval notice
  • Affidavits from friends and family including ex's father (originally written for the I-130)
  • Marriage certificate
  • Copy of photographs
  • Copies of our driver licenses
  • Copy of joint tax return (unsigned, got it from turbotax)
  • A few months of joint bank statements showing that I was the only one working and that my ex stole money from me
  • RFE:
  • Another cover letter
  • Complete bank statements covering the period we lived together with the following items distinguished:
  • -Rent payments
  • -Bill payments
  • -My wages
  • -Transfers to or from my ex
  • -Transfers from ex's father
  • -Payments for ex's student loans
  • -Tax return payments
  • Cover page from NYS tax return check
  • Receipts for wedding and engagement rings
  • Receipts for various gifts
  • Prior I-130 RFE (similarly they questioned the bona fides of the marriage)
  • Request for a bona fide marriage exemption
  • Copy of receipt notice for a FOIA I filed for my I-130, which was unlikely to be processed by the time the RFE is due
  • College transcripts showing classes we had together
  • Print out from Turbotax showing that the taxes were filed, processed, and issued, matching the amounts on the previously submitted tax returns

Just note that I was previously in removal proceedings so my threshold of evidence went up from "Preponderance of evidence" (more likely than not, 51+%) to "Clear and convincing evidence" (75+%). I saw VAWAs get approved with less than my initial submission.

KingGeorge 11-10-2020 06:48 PM

Re: My VAWA was approved.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 753814)
  • Initial application:
  • I-360
  • Self-affidavit / cover letter
  • Copy of ex's US passport
  • Copy of I-130 approval notice
  • Affidavits from friends and family including ex's father (originally written for the I-130)
  • Marriage certificate
  • Copy of photographs
  • Copies of our driver licenses
  • Copy of joint tax return (unsigned, got it from turbotax)
  • A few months of joint bank statements showing that I was the only one working and that my ex stole money from me
  • RFE:
  • Another cover letter
  • Complete bank statements covering the period we lived together with the following items distinguished:
  • Rent payments
  • Bill payments
  • My wages
  • Transfers to or from my ex
  • Transfers from ex's father
  • Payments for ex's student loans
  • Tax return payments
  • Cover page from NYS tax return check
  • Receipts for wedding and engagement rings
  • Receipts for various gifts
  • Prior I-130 RFE (similarly they questioned the bona fides of the marriage)
  • Request for a bona fide marriage exemption
  • Copy of receipt notice for a FOIA I filed for my I-130, which was unlikely to be processed by the time the RFE is due
  • College transcripts showing classes we had together
  • Print out from Turbotax showing that the taxes were filed, processed, and issued, matching the amounts on the previously submitted tax returns

Just note that I was previously in removal proceedings so my threshold of evidence went up from "Preponderance of evidence" (more likely than not, 51+%) to "Clear and convincing evidence" (75+%). I saw VAWAs get approved with less than my initial submission.

that's a lot of evidence, its nice though. but what did you submit to prove violence itself ?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.